This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
unobtanium's profile picture

Fireworks Crafting Helper [Final Version]

Started by unobtanium, 29 July 2013 - 01:20 PM
unobtanium #1
Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:20 PM
Hello everyone,

fireworks are really nice to look at, i have to say, but the crafting recipes are annoying and it takes time to get into every single detail and ingredient. So i invented the Fireworks Crafting Helper

Features:

- just needs a crafty turtle
- create firework stars and put these together to rockets
- can handle all 20,846,397,359,932,200 unique rocket combinations
- turtle presents all colors, fadecolors, shapes, effects and flight height.
- turtle descripes which item is needed and where you can get it from
- can craft up to 64 items at a time
- keypresses only (W A S D C R and Q)
- throws an error if using a computer or not a crafty turtle
- can handle normal and advanced turtles (color support)

How to use:

Download the program via pastebin by tipping in the following code into your crafty turtle:

pastebin get 8a5B4SU4 startup
And start the program:

startup

Select menus and interacti with the program with your keyboard keys.

Main Menu:
Select if you want to create a firework star or a rocket with allready created firework stars. From here you can exit the program as well.

Create a firework star:
Select the color as well as the optional things like fade out color, shape and effect. An overview let you check everything before crafting your firework star. Then it shows you one by one which item you have to put into the turtle's current selected inventory slot to craft your firework star. Be aware that you can create up to 64 at once, so count your items before and put them directly into the slot.
Take your firework star out, create it again or go back to the main menu.

Create a rocket:
This requires allready created firework stars (at least one). Insert some paper and, depending on your selected flight height, gunpowder. At least all you firework stars (up to seven). Hit a button and it crafts you one or more rockets.
Keep in mind that the turtle is using the standard 3x3 crafting patter, which allows just 9 items to be crafted together. If every slot is full it automatically crafts you the rocket!

Screenshots:

SpoilerBecause of some updates, these screenies arent up to date and ingame experiences can be different!!!

Main Menu

The overview before creating a firework star in a standard turtle.

The overview screen when using an advanced turtle (i just was using an advanced computer here)

The color selection screen in an advanced turtle.

Screen shows which items the player has to place into the turtle's inventory and where he can obtain it.

Updates:
SpoilerBETA 0.2.0
- added color support
- improved positioning of text

FINAL VERSION 1.0.0
- added possibility to select up to 8 colors at once for one star (depends which shape and effect you select)
- improved color looks in places
- fixed help information for ink sac

This is the final version 1.0.0! Hopefully nothing has to be changed anymore!
That's it! I created this little program for being added as tresure disk in the new computercraft version.
I hope you enjoy! :D/>
unobtanium
unobtanium #2
Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:48 AM
Added color support and improved positioning of the text to have it more visual and clear.
SquareMan #3
Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:47 AM
Wow, that's really neat and quite useful, I'm surprised no one else has replied to your topic!
NOTUSEDPLEASEDELETE #4
Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:27 AM
Great job! I will be using this!
unobtanium #5
Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:50 AM
Thank you :'D
unobtanium #6
Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:33 PM
Okay, last and final update to this and hopefully before it is getting released as a tresure disk :S
I just forgot that you can put multiple colors on one star, so i added that with a new overview menu and different select options.
Hope you enjoy it! (Can't believe that i messed that up >.< )

edit: Also added two more screenshots to show the color support.
TheThirdPerson #7
Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:08 PM
Wow. Fireworks are a pain even with something like Applied Energistics autocrafting. This is by far the most convenient method I've seen for crafting them.
unobtanium #8
Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:15 PM
Thanks! :D/> Too bad that there are no turtles in vanilla minecraft :'D