This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mackan90096's profile picture

[Bukkit] Irc?

Started by Mackan90096, 31 July 2013 - 11:07 AM
Mackan90096 #1
Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:07 PM
Hi there, I'm setting up a small bukkit server with hamachi for me and a couple friends.

But the chat is extremeley slow for some of them. So I was wondering if I could make it faster by hooking up an IRC to it. And if that's the case, how do I do it?

It's running MCPC+ on 1.5.2

If I cant speed the chat up with an IRC then how can I do it?

And do NOT say, host it instead of using hamachi or port forward because 1. I don't have any money to rent a server. 2. I CAN'T port forward my router..

Thanks // Mackan90096
Cranium #2
Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:25 PM
I don't think it will work on Hamachi, but you can try either ForgeIRC or CraftIRC. ForgeIRC is a mod you put in your /mods folder, and CraftIRC is a plugin you add into your /plugins folder after installing MCPC+

EDIT: It requires selecting a port, so I'm not sure it will work.
UMayBleed #3
Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:51 PM
Even then, IRC will need port forwarding, or another hamachi. If there chat is slow it's most likely your internet in the first place, or hamachi. I suggest port forwarding your router.
Mackan90096 #4
Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:39 PM
I don't think it will work on Hamachi, but you can try either ForgeIRC or CraftIRC. ForgeIRC is a mod you put in your /mods folder, and CraftIRC is a plugin you add into your /plugins folder after installing MCPC+

EDIT: It requires selecting a port, so I'm not sure it will work.

I'll try it.

I suggest port forwarding your router.

or port forward because 2. I CAN'T port forward my router..
AfterLifeLochie #5
Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:41 PM
You don't need to port forward for an outgoing connection. Port-forwarding is for incoming connections only.

Just go and use ForgeIRC or one of the many Bukkit IRC plugins (CraftIRC, MonsterIRC…)
Mackan90096 #6
Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:59 AM
Thanks
AfterLifeLochie
linuxgnuru #7
Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:03 PM
I've been using MonsterIRC (bukit plugin) for a good long while; if you need help; let me know.
Dlcruz129 #8
Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:47 PM
What do you mean you can't port forward your router? I really hate Hamachi, it always seems to break after a month for me.
Cranium #9
Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:31 AM
He may not have control over it, like most kids these days. Parents have been getting a little more strict as to who has access to their technology these days, and see children as a liability. I personally wouldn't allow my children(if, God forbid, I ever have any) to have access to the router unless I know for sure that they can ensure they're not breaking things.
Mackan90096 #10
Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:48 AM
As this topic is not needed anymore, please lock it