This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TyDoesMC's profile picture

Turtle Bug (1.6.2)

Started by TyDoesMC, 08 August 2013 - 06:31 PM
TyDoesMC #1
Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:31 PM
When I Have a Turtle Smelting/crafting/Building For Me, And I Log Out (Or Crash)
The Turtle Will Just Sit There And Its Inventory Would Be Empty And The Programs Would Be
Erased. I dont Know What Is Causing This Mabe Only I Have This Problem, Please Fix It!
I Had Iron And Gold Ore And Its Gone (Along With My Smelting Program And Other's).

Oh Yea If The Turtle Has Placed Iron Ect. In a GUI And I Login Its Not There Either??
exploder #2
Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:58 AM
When you exit out of the server (local or online) the chunks get unloaded and all programs inside there are stopped. But this never causes files or resources to get deleted. Maybe you should install a fresh copy of Minecraft and CC because I'm currently writing a program that mines and saves it's positions so to test it I have to exit and reconnect to server several times and resources or programs have never disappeared so I guess it's only you.

BTW, next time post your bug reports here: http://www.computerc.../forum/19-bugs/
Cranium #3
Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:33 AM
I don't think this is a bug on our side, but more of an installation issue you might be having. Regardless, bug reports need to be posted in the right section.
XDjackieXD #4
Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:27 PM
Maybe the directory of the save file is read-only? Looks like it…
exploder #5
Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I highly doubt it because nobody would set world directory read-only and then ask why it's not saving. Plus there is no reason to do so.
XDjackieXD #6
Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I highly doubt it because nobody would set world directory read-only and then ask why it's not saving. Plus there is no reason to do so.

Yeah… but it somehow looks like nothing gets saved when he unloads the chunk…
Cloudy #7
Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:46 AM
Already reported, learn to search (And Type For That Matter).