This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Wiiplay123's profile picture

Infiniftp File Transfer Software For Rednet!

Started by Wiiplay123, 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM
Wiiplay123 #1
Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

InfiniFTP: For all your file tranferring needs!

Now with more super shiny glowing logo!

About InfiniFTP:

Well, after that huge introduction with glowing logos and a mysterious earth-looking planet with a Firewolf orange line going around it, you're probably wondering… just what IS InfiniFTP?

InfiniFTP is a file transfer program that I made because nobody had any use for my Infiniwolf firewolf server software. It allows you to host files from floppy disks connected with a wired network or on the side of the computer! It will automatically detect any drives attached to the computer, be it through wired modems or just being beside the computer, and any wireless modems you have attached! It will also automatically update itself from the Bitbucket repo I have.

InfiniFTP is based off of my previous Infiniwolf software that I made after seeing 51 Firewolf servers in a single room, just for the purpose of hosting a single Firewolf server on each computer. I eventually wound up making Infiniwolf, which could host multiple Firewolf servers at the same time from disks. Then, I decided to use my code to make an FTP program, after having no way to quickly get my files to other computers wirelessly. Infiniwolf has a very similar look and feel to the InfiniFTP server, as the InfiniFTP server uses a lot of it's code.

How to use InfiniFTP:

The InfiniFTP Server requires specially formatted disks which contain the two following things: A folder named "ftp", and a file named "ftpname" which is the name of the FTP server. It also requires a wireless modem to host your FTP servers with, as well as drives!

The client lets you use a shell-like interface to browse the FTP server of your choice. After starting the InfiniFTP Client, type in the number to the left of the server name that you wish to browse. You can use normal directory commands to browse. To see more commands, you can type "help" for more in-depth information.

Downloads:

InfiniFTP Client
InfiniFTP Server

Remember, InfiniFTP requires http api to be enabled so that it can automatically update.
If you have any problems, contact me on #computercraft or #pixel if I'm on there. If not, send me a PM!

Pictures:

InfiniFTP Server

InfiniFTP Server List

InfiniFTP Shell

Rougeminner #2
Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:08 PM
i am having a problem with the new client
Rougeminner #3
Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:52 PM
the error seems to be in the client

sevrer v3
client v8

hi immibis by the way nice plugin

sorry peripheral
Rougeminner #4
Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:56 PM
does anyone now hot to download on the active client side when the server is active
Rougeminner #5
Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:09 PM
scratch all of my other statements on the client it is the server on line 123 and 133
Rougeminner #6
Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:17 PM
it is page.readAll()