This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Aves's profile picture

Turtles And Bukkit Problems

Started by Aves, 16 August 2013 - 01:01 AM
Aves #1
Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:01 AM
I am on a server with mcpc and I've downloaded a program from pastebin that builds domes and other objects. The code works fine in single player, builds them perfectly, however once I try it on the server, the turtle just floats around and doesn't place any blocks. Is this a permissions problem or a config? The permissions plugin we are using is Essentials. Please Help.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:35 PM
Split into new topic, moved to General.

You're pretty much on your own with MCPC issues.
Mackan90096 #3
Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:07 AM
Are you using a plot plugin like plotme?
Then do /p add [ComputerCraft] for turtles to be able to place on your plot
Cranium #4
Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:32 PM
As bukkit permissions are stupid and annoying, we don't support bukkit or MCPC+. However, if you want turtles to be able to place and break blocks, you must give that area the fakeplayer permissions to build there. ComputerCraft uses the fakeplayer named [ComputerCraft] as stated in the bukkit.yml config file. If you add that fakeplayer to your permissions, everything should work, however, if it doesn't, you may be forced to op [ComputerCraft]. That should solve all problems, but does not allow for per plot permissions, and anyone with a turtle can grief.
Until Forge implements blockbreaking events, there will not be any support for permissions.