This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
oeed's profile picture

ComputerCraft App Store - Input Wanted

Started by oeed, 18 August 2013 - 06:25 AM
oeed #1
Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:25 AM
I may get around to releasing as a standalone program, until then please refer all issues to the OneOS topic.

(OneOS contains the App Store)

In collaboration with Vilsol I am making an App Store for ComputerCraft. It is designed to be the easiest way to install programs and APIs. At the moment browsing for programs is done entirely on the forums, but what about users who don't use, like using or know about the forums. This is also designed to make it quicker and more intuitive.

Here's a brief outline of how it works and the features (many of these are purely ideas and are subject to change):
  • Anyone can submit an app.
  • APIs aren't downloaded by the user, the program calls a function such as appstore.loadAPI('touchpoint'), it then checks the hard drive to check if that api has been downloaded and if not it will download it.
  • You can install programs from your web browser, you click a button and if you are signed in you an select which computer you want to install.
  • You can also install programs from an app on the computer or a command with an ID.
  • Automatic updates or command based updates. (thoughts?)
  • A rating, comment and ranking system.
  • App submissions are all moderated.
  • Each application has an icon, description and optional screenshots.
Here is a list of things we aren't going to have (I will add to this as time goes on, if you believe that one of these should be featured please let me know :)/>):
  • Cydia/Synaptic style repositories (currently being reconsidered)
  • Tons and tons of moderators, I'm only wanting about 4 or 5. Also, if moderators aren't doing their job (if they don't moderate anything for 1 or 2 weeks) they will be removed from the team and someone else will fill the void.
As usual, if you have any comments or questions let me know.

Beta

Once we have this at a near complete stage we will be running a private beta, this is invite only. Please do not ask about betas or whether you can be in it. A public beta will be in a few weeks.
Edited on 08 April 2014 - 04:24 AM
GravityScore #2
Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:45 AM
Wow, amazing UI :D/>

I agree that apps should be moderated. Maybe some sort of web page where apps are submitted that moderators could simply click accept or deny? I'd be happy to moderate for you - it doesn't seem too time consuming.

Were you planning to have the top rated apps actually ranked by number of downloads? What about something like staff picks or featured, which just chooses a random app to feature.
McLeopold #3
Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:12 PM
I've tried both turtlescripts.com and cc-get and found them lacking. turtlescripts.com is running on fumes without the creator not being around to support it, but I like the features. cc-get is okay but needs to be installed outside of the game, which I don't like because on SMP you don't have that option, plus you have to arrange your files their way. I've decided to go with a single pastebin script that installs the files my way and also checks for updates from github.

I'd like to see a tool where I can just register my pastebin installer with an easy to remember name. It could then pull the pastebin installer and run it automatically. I wouldn't need an upload feature because I'd be hosting from github.

I'm hoping that one installer method will gain enough support that dan200 will sanction it and include it in the rom.
PixelToast #4
Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:37 PM
Sexy UI, not to compact though, you sould have it so they are 3 high and when you click on it it explands
if you have a server that could run lua, i can make a efficient server program (i already have the interface with the http api working)
oeed #5
Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

I agree that apps should be moderated. Maybe some sort of web page where apps are submitted that moderators could simply click accept or deny? I'd be happy to moderate for you - it doesn't seem too time consuming.

Were you planning to have the top rated apps actually ranked by number of downloads? What about something like staff picks or featured, which just chooses a random app to feature.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. Initially I thought of having to download and test it, but there really isn't much need.

Yes, I may have to add another section however. They would be ranked by some algorithm similar to iTunes'. The featured app would be chosen by moderators or admins. The creator would supply (or we'd make) a banner image for the page, the blue is the placeholder for this at the moment.

Sexy UI, not to compact though, you sould have it so they are 3 high and when you click on it it explands
if you have a server that could run lua, i can make a efficient server program (i already have the interface with the http api working)

I like that idea of the expanding description, that's one of the main issues, the screen is far too small.
The server is running from PHP, it's just easier to integrate a database and website in to it.

Do you guys believe that a non-colour version should be made as well, or just colour?
H4X0RZ #6
Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:26 PM
A sugestion from me are permissions like: "internet connection" or "can delete files".
The appstore should override some functions, like http.get/post, so only apps which got the permissions can use the functions.

It has a nice looking gui!

I hope it will be out soon!

Just one question:
Is there a chance that you give us the code you are using on your webspace, then we could create mirror server in different countries cause the ping would then be optimized. You just have to enter your countrie at the first start. I could host one in Germany :)/>/>
oeed #7
Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:38 PM
A sugestion from me are permissions like: "internet connection" or "can delete files".
The appstore should override some functions, like http.get/post, so only apps which got the permissions can use the functions.

It has a nice looking gui!

I hope it will be out soon!

Just one question:
Is there a chance that you give us the code you are using on your webspace, then we could create mirror server in different countries cause the ping would then be optimized. You just have to enter your countrie at the first start. I could host one in Germany :)/>/>

I see where you're coming from. It's something that I'll put in to my next OS, but I won't be putting it in to this because this is designed to only to download and install applications. However, now I think about it I could implement it… I'm going to have a config file that allows operating systems, server admins etc. to change many of the variables such as the server address, the location where applications are install (so you can have an '/Applications' folder or similar) so I could also implement a few functions that you could change that could check if an application that deletes files or something like that and return true or false. It's probably not the best explanation, but hopefully you get what I mean.

With local servers, I'm going to say no. Most of the program files are only a few kilobytes and should only take a few seconds to download. The server I'll be using is hosted by 000webhost, which I believe is in the US. If you ‘do have access to a server which has more bandwidth and download limits then I may consider it. It's just that having multiple content servers really just isn't worth it. Making sure each server has the latest version of every file will be a huge task, and considering how little traffic it will have it's not worth it.

Saying that, if the servers do get overloaded (which I do doubt somewhat) I will consider adding another server.

Just had another thought, how useful would the ability to upload an update and download it similar to the iOS/Mac app store be?
Mackan90096 #8
Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:36 AM
The UI is sexy. Also a great idea! +1
PixelToast #9
Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:16 AM
The UI is sexy. Also a great idea! +1
another thing to block :3
Frederikam #10
Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:44 AM
But what about documentation? What if a program (or api) is really complicated to use?
oeed #11
Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:07 AM
But what about documentation? What if a program (or api) is really complicated to use?

You'd just include the documentation or a link to it in the description. Bear in mind it's more for programs rather than APIs.
oeed #12
Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:12 AM
I'm just implementing a category system, at the moment I've got the ones listed below, if you can think of anymore please let me know!
  • Operating Systems
  • Games
  • Turtle Programs
  • Utility
  • Miscellaneous
I don't want too many (probably 8 max.), but I do need a few more.
Exerro #13
Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:31 AM
A few more categories ( these are kind of just the utility category split up )
Multimedia ( Things like paint programs, music makers etc )
APIs ( You should know what these are )
Networking ( Things like email programs, maybe even the 3/4 networking layer things on the forums )
Security systems ( Door locks ( You should have plenty of these ), bank things etc )

Also, for the moderating, maybe have a pixel on the app download button things that shows you whether it has been checked my a moderator, so you can still download the un-moderated programs, but you know that they haven't been checked and could potentially be malicious

Finally, I would suggest that each program should have a page dedicated to it ( somewhat like google play ) where you can see things like documentation, download count, images and a description. Maybe even add in a commenting/rating system, although I can see this would be prone to spam etc.
oeed #14
Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:17 AM
A few more categories ( these are kind of just the utility category split up )
Multimedia ( Things like paint programs, music makers etc )
APIs ( You should know what these are )
Networking ( Things like email programs, maybe even the 3/4 networking layer things on the forums )
Security systems ( Door locks ( You should have plenty of these ), bank things etc )

Also, for the moderating, maybe have a pixel on the app download button things that shows you whether it has been checked my a moderator, so you can still download the un-moderated programs, but you know that they haven't been checked and could potentially be malicious

Finally, I would suggest that each program should have a page dedicated to it ( somewhat like google play ) where you can see things like documentation, download count, images and a description. Maybe even add in a commenting/rating system, although I can see this would be prone to spam etc.

Yea, those categories sound good.

I won't be having non-moderated apps on the store, for two reasons:
1. Spam, this is inevitable. Even if it wasn't intended, the use may have enter the command incorrectly.
2. Half of the submission is on the site anyway, so it's really not that much more effort of a moderator to accept.

A page for each is something I will add.

Here are a few screenshots of the (currently unfinished) submission page. Bear in mind, most people (obviously) won't have the moderation page, and no one except me (and possibly one or two others) will have the admin page.

This is the page that lists the statuses of your current and previous app submissions.

This is the page that shows the state of a single submission (accessible from the buttons on the table above). It's where you add the description, images etc.
Exerro #15
Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:22 AM
Wow, that looks really good, great work on the GUI! Do you have any idea when it will be available to use?

Also, how will it manage installing programs, will it use your package maker or something slightly more complicated ( I'm thinking like when you install a game from a disk onto your PC/laptop…InstallWizard I think? )
oeed #16
Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:33 AM
Wow, that looks really good, great work on the GUI! Do you have any idea when it will be available to use?

Also, how will it manage installing programs, will it use your package maker or something slightly more complicated ( I'm thinking like when you install a game from a disk onto your PC/laptop…InstallWizard I think? )

Well, the installer is based on my package maker. But it actually really quick and easy. All you do is click install and it downloads it and installs it with out you having to do anything. I've uploaded a screen recording to dropbox of a download. Bear in mind that the file is coming from a computer in my network, and I do have two 1 second delays to make it clear. I could only save it as a .mov, so sorry if you can't open it.

Also, near the end I reboot the computer, hence why it loads PearOS.

Find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u8jvqhteewhfhi/AppStore.mov
supersammy00 #17
Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:12 PM
possible a progress bar for downloading apps and say how long it will be at that speed and display how big programs are and how long there download would be based on download before.
supersammy00 #18
Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:15 PM
and maybe a download screen
Zudo #19
Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:55 PM
Yay! Bootstrap!
MKlegoman357 #20
Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:02 PM
This is amazing. I like how great oeed's GUIs looks like. The best thing about this App Store is that you can browse through all the programs.

Suggestions:
It would be cool to be able to add your own images/screenshots to your program. You can only browse through the programs and install them, right? Well maybe you could leave install button there, but when you click elsewhere on the program you get a full scrollable description (comments? maybe not, but user ratings would be cool) and screenshots that would show in full-screen when you click on them.

Another tab: New
To view newly added programs.

Download counter (not sure if it's added):
So users and the Uploader could see how many downloads it has.

Just had another thought, how useful would the ability to upload an update and download it similar to the iOS/Mac app store be?

The Update feature is a must-be feature. How else are you going to update the program? Deleting the old one, then adding new version onto App Store? But there would be a problem with it: I think people would like to rename or move downloaded apps to another folder.
It could have a notification system. When you download an app the program registers what version you have downloaded it. Every time you would want to check for updates it would check if program's version is different (to allow downgrades too) and if you have uninstalled that program there would be a way to delete it from your downloads list.

I think that's it (for now).

~LEGO
oeed #21
Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:04 PM
possible a progress bar for downloading apps and say how long it will be at that speed and display how big programs are and how long there download would be based on download before.

and maybe a download screen
A progress bar and speed isn't really possible. The API just doesn't really have support for either. However, bear in mind the most programs would only be a few kilobytes, the largest being one or two hundred. The download time is very small. I had originally had a downloads page which showed the current downloads, but after seeing how little time it took I removed it. Have you watched the video? If you haven't I recommend doing so, it makes it clearer. Otherwise, if by download screen you mean a page similar to what I previously mentioned then probably not.

This is amazing. I like how great oeed's GUIs looks like. The best thing about this App Store is that you can browse through all the programs.

Suggestions:
It would be cool to be able to add your own images/screenshots to your program. You can only browse through the programs and install them, right? Well maybe you could leave install button there, but when you click elsewhere on the program you get a full scrollable description (comments? maybe not, but user ratings would be cool) and screenshots that would show in full-screen when you click on them.

Another tab: New
To view newly added programs.

Download counter (not sure if it's added):
So users and the Uploader could see how many downloads it has.

The Update feature is a must-be feature. How else are you going to update the program? Deleting the old one, then adding new version onto App Store? But there would be a problem with it: I think people would like to rename or move downloaded apps to another folder.
It could have a notification system. When you download an app the program registers what version you have downloaded it. Every time you would want to check for updates it would check if program's version is different (to allow downgrades too) and if you have uninstalled that program there would be a way to delete it from your downloads list.

I think that's it (for now).

~LEGO
I will be implementing images, screenshots and a full page on each app. The problem I face with images & screenshots is the format to have them in, png or nfp. Now, I could write a canvas based nfp image renderer for the site, but it is rather annoying to do so. Also, with nfp it also means that people will have to somehow take a screenshot of their program using nfp, I have an idea on how to use this, but it means yet another program for submitters to use. Thoughts?

Yea, updates are a must.
Frederikam #22
Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:57 AM
By decomentation I also meant things like having a description of some sort, so people get a rough idea of what they get.
Mitchfizz05 #23
Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:41 AM
Great idea!
I could imagine people wanting to ruin everything by submitting massive amounts of junk, glogging up bandwidth and diskspace.
TheOddByte #24
Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM
First of all, can I just preface this by saying that I'm not looking for coding support, I've tried doing group projects on the forums before and it just doesn't work well.
I know, It's hard to keep group projects alive.. When doing it yourself you often complete it(Unlike the game we tried to make :P/>)

I totally agree with all that GravityScore said, It has a beatuiful UI and I would also be happy to moderate for you if you'd like ;)/>
MKlegoman357 #25
Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:28 PM
I will be implementing images, screenshots and a full page on each app. The problem I face with images & screenshots is the format to have them in, png or nfp. Now, I could write a canvas based nfp image renderer for the site, but it is rather annoying to do so. Also, with nfp it also means that people will have to somehow take a screenshot of their program using nfp, I have an idea on how to use this, but it means yet another program for submitters to use. Thoughts? Yea, updates are a must.

.nfp doesn't support text, so you would have to use .nft or make your own image format. Using .png format would be too complicated to show on in-game computers. You should also have a converter that would convert default/nfp image formats to nft or your own image format.

~LEGO
H4X0RZ #26
Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:36 PM
I think you can use .png because somewhere on the forums is an img converter which converts .png into cc lua files…
The you make an screenshot of it, upload the .png file to the site and the converted file to the appstore ..
oeed #27
Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:23 PM
Great idea!
I could imagine people wanting to ruin everything by submitting massive amounts of junk, glogging up bandwidth and diskspace.
Yea, this is why I have implemented a two stage submission process and moderation.

First of all, can I just preface this by saying that I'm not looking for coding support, I've tried doing group projects on the forums before and it just doesn't work well.
I know, It's hard to keep group projects alive.. When doing it yourself you often complete it(Unlike the game we tried to make :P/>)

I totally agree with all that GravityScore said, It has a beatuiful UI and I would also be happy to moderate for you if you'd like ;)/>

Yea. Thanks, and on the topic of moderation, I've had a number of people apply to be moderator. I will probably select 4 - 6 people who I believe would do a good job, so if you want to make sure you guys let me know otherwise you won't be selected.

I will be implementing images, screenshots and a full page on each app. The problem I face with images & screenshots is the format to have them in, png or nfp. Now, I could write a canvas based nfp image renderer for the site, but it is rather annoying to do so. Also, with nfp it also means that people will have to somehow take a screenshot of their program using nfp, I have an idea on how to use this, but it means yet another program for submitters to use. Thoughts? Yea, updates are a must.

.nfp doesn't support text, so you would have to use .nft or make your own image format. Using .png format would be too complicated to show on in-game computers. You should also have a converter that would convert default/nfp image formats to nft or your own image format.

~LEGO
Right…. forgot about that. Damn. I won't be using .png (see below), so I guess nft or a custom format would be the best. What I'll do is make a program that you then run your program in, it will modify the term.write function to also write to a table. When they take a screenshot it will copy the array to a file.
Icons are easier, you can just make them in paint, see the screenshot below.

I think you can use .png because somewhere on the forums is an img converter which converts .png into cc lua files…
The you make an screenshot of it, upload the .png file to the site and the converted file to the appstore ..
I won't be using png for a few reasons:
1. It's harder for people to take. People don't want to have to crop their screenshots.
2. It's more load on the server.
3. It will be alot more time consuming to make.

Anyway, a quick update. I've been working on the app details page and this is what I've got so far. The Icon is being rendered using my HTML5 canvas renderer thingy. If you think it needs more detail please let me know! Also, last update there was a small bug in Bootstrap (I'm using the beta) that made the navbar white, I've downloaded the newer version (it's being updated on a daily basis) and it's been fixed. The black area I where a screenshot will be, I'm yet to finish that though.
MKlegoman357 #28
Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:01 PM
Looks great, but having the ability to add text on icons would be even better!
oeed #29
Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 PM
Looks great, but having the ability to add text on icons would be even better!

Yea, now I think about it what I'll do is add an icon maker in the screenshot app too with support for text. The hard part is going to be drawing the text in canvas.
TheOddByte #30
Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:54 AM
If I want to be an moderator would you PM me if I got accepted?
Also that screenshot above looks awesome! How much do you have left on this program? I can't wait to test it! :D/>
oeed #31
Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:55 PM
Due to some shocking bug in Chrome causing it to completely crash every so ofter I'm now writing this for the third time, and as a result is a lot shorter than what it was.

It will be out by this monday, but in a closed beta. Anyone who's posted here or PM'd me about it is automatically invited, and I'll invite a few others as well. The website is essentially finished, a few small things here and there, mainly because I've changed the submission process. The apps will be finished in the next few days, I'll do a bit of testing then it will go beta. Here are a few screenshots:

Oh and yes, if you were accepted you would be PM'd.

This is the page where you can view your submissions and change them if you wish.

This is the moderators list of applications waiting to be er, moderated.

This is the moderation view. (got the text in the icons done :D/>) Please ignore the big black space.

If your app was rejected this is what you'd see. Please ignore the upload boxes, this has been changed.
KeeganDeathman #32
Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:24 PM
NEED THIS NOW.
RIGHT NOW.
RIGHT THE **** NOW.
CAN I PLEASE BE A BETA TESTER
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
oeed #33
Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:34 PM
NEED THIS NOW.
RIGHT NOW.
RIGHT THE **** NOW.

I guess you are now :P/>

Anyone who's posted here or PM'd me about it is automatically invited
H4X0RZ #34
Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:42 PM
Could I test too? :)/>
oeed #35
Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yes, you will, you've posted. During the beta test everyone will be a moderator, however, this will only be temporary.

I've just been thinking, when people register they have to use their forums name, is there any way you guys can think of that could make sure they're not using someone else's name? Obviously, if someone else registers under your username then you can just PM me and I'll fix it, but I'd rather not to have to do this too ofter.
H4X0RZ #36
Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:19 PM
You could do, with dan20s help…
he could codes a little php script which checks if the entered email fits to the name if so, it outputs something like "granted". This way you could save the website for abuse

But they are dan200s MySQL tables, I don't know if he says ok…
oeed #37
Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:01 PM
You could do, with dan20s help…
he could codes a little php script which checks if the entered email fits to the name if so, it outputs something like "granted". This way you could save the website for abuse

But they are dan200s MySQL tables, I don't know if he says ok…

I'm more after the forum username, if I were to use the Minecraft username it would be easy, I could use the new authentication API, I know that it's not allowed in programs, but this is a website. If it becomes an issue I'll talk to AfterLifeLochie or Lyqyd.
KeeganDeathman #38
Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:07 PM
NEED THIS NOW.
RIGHT NOW.
RIGHT THE **** NOW.

NEED THIS NOW.
RIGHT NOW.
RIGHT THE **** NOW.

Yay! So, did I miss something or where do i beta test. Do you pm me?
oeed #39
Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:56 PM
The beta hasn't started yet, I'll PM you when it starts.
DaGamer12345 #40
Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:21 PM
Could I also be a beta tester? This seems like an awesome project, and bug testers are something people need for some programs.
Sammich Lord #41
Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:44 PM
The website looks pretty nice from the screenshots you posted. I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out.
oeed #42
Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:51 PM
Could I also be a beta tester? This seems like an awesome project, and bug testers are something people need for some programs.
Sure, if possible, try making a few programs to test it out on.

The website looks pretty nice from the screenshots you posted. I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out.

Thanks
DaGamer12345 #43
Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:58 PM
Already am. Also, what did you use for the scrollbars? I think there's a scrollbar API out there, but I haven't found it.
KeeganDeathman #44
Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:05 PM
oh, okay thanks
oeed #45
Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:33 PM
Already am. Also, what did you use for the scrollbars? I think there's a scrollbar API out there, but I haven't found it.

I wrote my own. I don't like using API's that aren't my own or system.
Lyqyd #46
Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:05 AM
I would not suggest attempting to force people to use the same user name there as they do here. It'd be quite a potential administrative load on your end, and we wouldn't be opening up anything that isn't already publicly available specifically for this project.

I have some feedback/opinions for you, but that would be a long and involved post, so I'm reluctant to do that unless you're really looking for in-depth feedback and not just pats on the back about how pretty the gui is. :P/>
Zudo #47
Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:22 AM
Can i test too?
oeed #48
Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:51 AM
I would not suggest attempting to force people to use the same user name there as they do here. It'd be quite a potential administrative load on your end, and we wouldn't be opening up anything that isn't already publicly available specifically for this project.

I have some feedback/opinions for you, but that would be a long and involved post, so I'm reluctant to do that unless you're really looking for in-depth feedback and not just pats on the back about how pretty the gui is. :P/>

My main reason for considering to require the same username is because people will recognise some creators, for example nitrogenfingers. If someone else registered under that name it would be rather annoying for him to have to release his programs under another username.

Quite the opposite, I'd much rather have criticism than pats on the back. I can always say that it looks cool, but I can't find all the flaws. If's too long to post here feel free to PM me instead.

Can i test too?

Yes.

From now on please PM me if you'd like to be in the test. However, I will be capping it at 10-15 people.
Lyqyd #49
Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:00 PM
I think that if you truly want this to be a successful, widely used tool, you're going to need to restructure it a bit. Right now, you have one GUI app and a website that it talks to. I think it would be better to handle the code functions (install, remove, upgrade, dependency resolution, etc.) in an API. The API would do all the actual work for not only the actual package management, but also the data fetching from the server for the package lists, and the descriptions, icons, etc. the GUI app would simply be an interface for the users to make everything pretty and easy. The API would make it possible to script installation and removal of programs, and would make alternate interfaces (a different GUI for another OS, a CLI, whatever else) possible. To be honest, you seem like more of a front-end sort of person, and this is a project wherein the back end will make or break it. No offense intended, of course.

It would probably also be better to allow just a program listing to be submitted. That would allow programs to be added to the store, but be hosted elsewhere. This is a good feature so that developers can update their program in only one place. The API would use the information in the program listing to determine where to download the file(s) from. It should be fairly easy to include support for github, bitbucket, and pastebin downloads. Users could still upload their program to your site, but requiring them to do so does not entirely make sense.

I'm not entirely sure how the Install button I think I saw on one screenshot for the website is supposed to work. I have a few more thoughts, I think, but I'm out of time for now, so I'll write more later if/when I think of them!
oeed #50
Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 PM
I think that if you truly want this to be a successful, widely used tool, you're going to need to restructure it a bit. Right now, you have one GUI app and a website that it talks to. I think it would be better to handle the code functions (install, remove, upgrade, dependency resolution, etc.) in an API. The API would do all the actual work for not only the actual package management, but also the data fetching from the server for the package lists, and the descriptions, icons, etc. the GUI app would simply be an interface for the users to make everything pretty and easy. The API would make it possible to script installation and removal of programs, and would make alternate interfaces (a different GUI for another OS, a CLI, whatever else) possible. To be honest, you seem like more of a front-end sort of person, and this is a project wherein the back end will make or break it. No offense intended, of course.

It would probably also be better to allow just a program listing to be submitted. That would allow programs to be added to the store, but be hosted elsewhere. This is a good feature so that developers can update their program in only one place. The API would use the information in the program listing to determine where to download the file(s) from. It should be fairly easy to include support for github, bitbucket, and pastebin downloads. Users could still upload their program to your site, but requiring them to do so does not entirely make sense.

I'm not entirely sure how the Install button I think I saw on one screenshot for the website is supposed to work. I have a few more thoughts, I think, but I'm out of time for now, so I'll write more later if/when I think of them!

I hadn't thought about doing an API, now I think about it it's definitely the way to go. Yes, allowing other hosting places would be better, I just need to figure out how I can get that working.

With the website install button, it would go to a page that gave you instructions on how to find it. I was thinking of being able to run the program in a manner similar to this:

appstore <program id>
For example, to download the program with the ID of 123 you'd do:
appstore 123
Symmetryc #51
Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:41 PM
Hey. I haven't read the entire thread, but I'd just like to make a quick suggestion if it's not too much trouble for you. I'd like to recommend you to rename this program because its name can sort of be misleading. Its not really a store (unless I'm understanding something wrong) and it's not strictly applications, its APIs, Utilities, etc. Thanks for reading and good luck :)/>.
072608 #52
Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:21 PM
I'd love to be a beta tester :)/>, looks amazing :)/>. Will u be able to upload a finished program from PearOs or would u have to go online?
oeed #53
Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:42 PM
First of all, a quick update.

I've had to stop working on this for a while, but I will get back to it, don't worry.

Hey. I haven't read the entire thread, but I'd just like to make a quick suggestion if it's not too much trouble for you. I'd like to recommend you to rename this program because its name can sort of be misleading. Its not really a store (unless I'm understanding something wrong) and it's not strictly applications, its APIs, Utilities, etc. Thanks for reading and good luck :)/>.

I see where you are coming from, however, it's more for applications, not APIs and Utilities. Now, with the suggestions Lyqyd has made this may change. What would you suggest?
diealone #54
Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:04 PM
looks sweet
Engineer #55
Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:33 AM
This all sounds very cool and great, but there is one major problem with the system.

Let's say I want to download other people's API's from the collection but the user uninstalled the program which interacts with the server and stuff. Then I simply cant.

You're first response would probably something along those lines:
The user could uninstall your files wether it downloads from the store or not, but that is not my point.

What if the updater depends on that file, it cannot update then. Of course, this is silly, but I have another point to make.

Since the website is going to be ran.on a website for.free websites, you have limited storage and the server may bot always respond because the webhost decided to delete you're account. The webhost can because you didn't pay or sign or whatever for that website. If you want to make it more reliable then you really should get a proper, probably payed, website for reliable storage.
And of course the server could crash and delete files, which is very possible.

That is where pastevin is more reliable in my opinion, because most of the time the server is up and.your file is most likely still there. Again there could be crashes or an admin decides to delete it.

In short, I still would choose for pastebin.
Symmetryc #56
Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:45 PM
First of all, a quick update.

I've had to stop working on this for a while, but I will get back to it, don't worry.

I see where you are coming from, however, it's more for applications, not APIs and Utilities. Now, with the suggestions Lyqyd has made this may change. What would you suggest?
Well to be honest this looks exactly like a CC GitHub…
LDShadowLord #57
Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:53 AM
An odd suggestion, but one I feel must be added "Prerequisites" if the user's program utilises an API and that API is on the App Store then have some way for the user to add it as a prerequisite so it all gets downloaded together. It is better this way because if the user packages the API themself when it updates to fix a bug or whatever it won't be updated with it. So, the API's original content creator can update the API as much as they want, and the applications programmer doesn't need to worry about updating their code and the end user gets the updates by clicking the update button or whatever on the UI. Everybody wins.
oeed #58
Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:42 AM
Sorry about not replying for ages, I've been busy. I don't have time now but I'll get back to this ASAP.
Zudo #59
Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:15 AM
How about having a database which the program reads on startup and downloads the programs you choose?
Engineer #60
Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:10 AM
How about having a database which the program reads on startup and downloads the programs you choose?

No thank you! This will cause unnecessary lag on your server because the internet connection on every startup.
I'd rather be notified when there is an update for a program or something
benthomas777 #61
Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:08 PM
Sounds like a real good idea and when finished should be added to the default programs computercraft comes with. Moderating the content, is also a good idea, but the problem would be the time and effort that would need to be done if lots of small and large programs were posted on it, but I believe it would be more than manageable. I think it would be good to have different categories of programs and for each category you could have top 10.
oeed #62
Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:04 PM
I think this should be an option or command in the API. Sort like iOS 7 updates right?

No thank you! This will cause unnecessary lag on your server because the internet connection on every startup.
I'd rather be notified when there is an update for a program or something

You'd need to have it an option, but bear in mind that you can just run it in the background.

Sounds like a real good idea and when finished should be added to the default programs computercraft comes with. Moderating the content, is also a good idea, but the problem would be the time and effort that would need to be done if lots of small and large programs were posted on it, but I believe it would be more than manageable. I think it would be good to have different categories of programs and for each category you could have top 10.
Yea. Categories is something I've implemented. What's the point of adding default programs?
Left4Cake #63
Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:04 PM
Will you be able to put apps in multiple categories. Will it support reviews or rating.
AlktatStudios #64
Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:48 AM
Can I be a beta tester? The OS is really cool and I want to see how it progresses through time.
kreezxil #65
Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:44 AM
Great looking App Store.

As far as moderation goes, take a hint from any of the App Stores currently out for other platforms. Apple, Ubuntu, Android etc …

I think instead of having moderators that approve if an app qualifies that instead, the moderator(s) is(are) replaced with a review board. The review board's sole duty is to put their mark of approval on an app, not determine if an app will make it into the store or not. Also, the number of downloads and an app rating should be available. Those 3 indicators should be enough to help a user make an informed choice about what they want.

[indent=1]1. Is it approved by the professional board[/indent]
[indent=2]a. quality formatted code[/indent]
[indent=2]b. optimized code[/indent]
[indent=2]c. code comes from a programmer with good community standing[/indent]
[indent=2]– these might be some of the qualities the review board could consider before issuing their stamp of approval[/indent]

[indent=1]2. How many people have downloaded it. As time goes on, the apps with the most downloads will be those that are in general approved by the community at large.[/indent]
[indent=2]– I realize this could be gamed heavily, however, it should be weighed heavily against 1 &amp; 2. Say an app has 50,000 downloads, but is not approved by the board or lacks a decent rating, then one would suspect it and not download it.[/indent]

[indent=1]3. What have the users in general rated it to be.[/indent]
[indent=2]a. one rating per user per version of the app[/indent]
[indent=2]b. ratings should have the option to be linked to a user written review[/indent]
oeed #66
Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:10 PM
Can I be a beta tester? The OS is really cool and I want to see how it progresses through time.

Uhhhh… what? (Are you referring to PearOS?) And yes, you can.

Great looking App Store.

As far as moderation goes, take a hint from any of the App Stores currently out for other platforms. Apple, Ubuntu, Android etc …

I think instead of having moderators that approve if an app qualifies that instead, the moderator(s) is(are) replaced with a review board. The review board's sole duty is to put their mark of approval on an app, not determine if an app will make it into the store or not. Also, the number of downloads and an app rating should be available. Those 3 indicators should be enough to help a user make an informed choice about what they want.

[indent=1]1. Is it approved by the professional board[/indent]
[indent=2]a. quality formatted code[/indent]
[indent=2]b. optimized code[/indent]
[indent=2]c. code comes from a programmer with good community standing[/indent]
[indent=2]– these might be some of the qualities the review board could consider before issuing their stamp of approval[/indent]

[indent=1]2. How many people have downloaded it. As time goes on, the apps with the most downloads will be those that are in general approved by the community at large.[/indent]
[indent=2]– I realize this could be gamed heavily, however, it should be weighed heavily against 1 &amp; 2. Say an app has 50,000 downloads, but is not approved by the board or lacks a decent rating, then one would suspect it and not download it.[/indent]

[indent=1]3. What have the users in general rated it to be.[/indent]
[indent=2]a. one rating per user per version of the app[/indent]
[indent=2]b. ratings should have the option to be linked to a user written review[/indent]
In general, I agree with what you've said. However, I will not be using the moderation system you've outlined for a few reasons.

1. Review boards over the internet would be a nightmare. Due to everyone's timezones being different this would be next to impossible to organise, and of course some people would turn up.
2. The moderation is really just to prevent spam. The moderator, at this stage, doesn't actually install the application. They just look at the screen shots and description. Now, this may change, however, it would make it more time consuming. It's more just to check if the submission is genuine. I also don't want to impose a bias to already established programmers, it just makes it harder for new people to enter.

But yes, a ranking system similar to that would be part of it.

Just a reminder that this project is sort of on hold for the time being, it will be continued but I've just been too busy or doing other activities (*cough* Just Cause 2 Multiplayer *cough*) But I should get back to this next week.
Vilsol #67
Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:44 PM
Hi. I have developed websites for over 6 years now. I would like to know would it be possible to join your developer team? I would completely understand if the answer is no, because you don't know me well enough. If you need any help, you can PM me and I would be glad to help at anytime. You can invite me in skype: vilsol

I also have a few questions. At first, are you going to have an external API for the website, so for example I could request a specific app id and then it would output a json code with the name, description etc. This way you could also implement so that the website would have image generators (kind of like Bukkit Metrics), which would have statistics about the app. Another question is that are you going to talk to dan200 about implementing this program inside the actual mod, so it would come pre-installed on the systems.

And a suggestion: You should probably make it so you can download applications to your computer without using the GUI interface, like pastebin, because some people might not like the interface, and for that reason they would not use the program.
oeed #68
Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:01 PM
Hi. I have developed websites for over 6 years now. I would like to know would it be possible to join your developer team? I would completely understand if the answer is no, because you don't know me well enough. If you need any help, you can PM me and I would be glad to help at anytime. You can invite me in skype: vilsol

I also have a few questions. At first, are you going to have an external API for the website, so for example I could request a specific app id and then it would output a json code with the name, description etc. This way you could also implement so that the website would have image generators (kind of like Bukkit Metrics), which would have statistics about the app. Another question is that are you going to talk to dan200 about implementing this program inside the actual mod, so it would come pre-installed on the systems.

And a suggestion: You should probably make it so you can download applications to your computer without using the GUI interface, like pastebin, because some people might not like the interface, and for that reason they would not use the program.

I'll PM you, check your messages.
oeed #69
Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:45 PM
Hi guys,

Another quick update. I've been working with Vilsol on a brand new version of the website. It's moving along well. We're no longer using Bootstrap either. We've also made a few changes to the original plan. It will be heavily API based, meaning you can make your own websites, apps and other services. We've decided against repos just because it's going to be such a huge amount of work for little gain, it also causes problems with moderation and not having icons, etc. We've also got a system which automatically updates and downloads your apps, similar to iCloud. You'll be able to install apps directly to your computer from the website. We've also going to implement a system for APIs. You'll be able to load an API from the app store directly, if it exists on the computer it will use it otherwise it will download. If you have any questions just ask.
kreezxil #70
Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:20 PM
Hi guys,

Another quick update. I've been working with Vilsol on a brand new version of the website. It's moving along well. We're no longer using Bootstrap either. We've also made a few changes to the original plan. It will be heavily API based, meaning you can make your own websites, apps and other services. We've decided against repos just because it's going to be such a huge amount of work for little gain, it also causes problems with moderation and not having icons, etc. We've also got a system which automatically updates and downloads your apps, similar to iCloud. You'll be able to install apps directly to your computer from the website. We've also going to implement a system for APIs. You'll be able to load an API from the app store directly, if it exists on the computer it will use it otherwise it will download. If you have any questions just ask.

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to it now.
oeed #71
Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:34 PM
I was going to put the website link, but I'm dubious of doing that as it's barebones and could raise some security issues. Here's a screenshot of it, however.

Vilsol #72
Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:44 PM
oeed, make sure to read skype when you get home.
Mitchfizz05 #73
Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:51 AM
You could add a feature that allows you to promote users to allow them to post programs without needing a moderator review.
Vilsol #74
Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:17 PM
You could add a feature that allows you to promote users to allow them to post programs without needing a moderator review.

We might implement this, but we are going to accept many moderators from multiple time zones, so someone would always be on.
Geforce Fan #75
Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:22 PM
Wow. I personally like that GUI better than the App store on the iPod.
Responding to the post you made on the first page, I think it should support non-color computers, maybe just make a simple GUI that's entirely text based and you could enter the numbers of the choice you want to make, for the non-color computer's GUI.
Vilsol #76
Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:43 PM
Responding to the post you made on the first page, I think it should support non-color computers, maybe just make a simple GUI that's entirely text based and you could enter the numbers of the choice you want to make, for the non-color computer's GUI.

There will obviously be support for non-color computers, and there also will be just command line commands if you don't want a GUI at all.

Here is a progress report:
1. The Public API system is completely finished, which means we are coming closer to the release! (I will talk to oeed about releasing the API documentation already). The API is very responsive and it if you encounter an error it will describe it, very specifically to the problem you have encountered. The API will have spam protection and every request will be logged, which means if you try to spam our database or hack it you will be automatically banned from the site.
2. We have started working on a localization system, so the site would be easier to use in multiple countries!
3. News system is pretty much completely done.
4. We have made it so icons are 6x4 (x:y) in size, so they look like a square, this means you can start drawing your icons!

More progress coming tomorrow!

oeed #77
Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

There will obviously be support for non-color computers, and there also will be just command line commands if you don't want a GUI at all.

Here is a progress report:
1. The Public API system is completely finished, which means we are coming closer to the release! (I will talk to oeed about releasing the API documentation already). The API is very responsive and it if you encounter an error it will describe it, very specifically to the problem you have encountered. The API will have spam protection and every request will be logged, which means if you try to spam our database or hack it you will be automatically banned from the site.
2. We have started working on a localization system, so the site would be easier to use in multiple countries!
3. News system is pretty much completely done.
4. We have made it so icons are 6x4 (x:y) in size, so they look like a square, this means you can start drawing your icons!

More progress coming tomorrow!

That nav bar should be centred, hmmm.

Anyway, on the topic of a beta. I've decided, due to the large amount of people who have asked (it's at least 20), that we will run a private beta for about a week before running a public beta for about a week depending on how it goes. Do not ask to be in either of these betas yet! The private beta is invite only and will only have about 5 people in it, they will be decided in a few days. I will inform about the private beta more at the conclusion of the private beta.
MKlegoman357 #78
Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:35 AM
Can't wait for it to come :)/>

BTW, what does those turtles by the program name (in the screenshot) mean? They could show what computer/turtle is supported as well as advanced/normal.
Vilsol #79
Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:38 AM
So I was allowed to release the API documentation to public, so you could suggest things that we should add.

The structure of it is like this

Command
  Subcommand
	  Required variables - Description

Spoiler

API:
----

application
    all - returns all applications
    get
    	id - returns specific application
    add
    	username, password, serializeddata, name, description, sdescription, category - inserts an application in database
    delete
	id, username, password - delete an application
    update
	id, username, password, serializeddata, name, description, sdescription, category - updates an application
    addchangelog
	id, username, password, changelog, version - add a changelog
    search
	name - search for applications with names like this

news
    all - returns all news
    get
        id - returns specific news

computer
    get
	id - returns installed programs
    install
	id, computerid, username, password - install specific program on a specific computer
    uninstall
	id, computerid, username, password - uninstall specific program on a specific computer
    register
	realid, username, password - add a computer to an account

comments
    get
	ctype, ctypeid - returns all comments for specific type and id
	id - return specific comment
    delete
	username, password, id - delete a comment
    add
	username, password, comment, type, typeid - add a comment
user
    register
	username, password, email, mcusername - register a user
    get
	id - get a specific user

Error codes
-----------

1 - No command/subcommand
2 - Wrong command
3 - Missing data
4 - Wrong data
5 - No data found with such id
6 - No data found with such name
7 - No such subcommand
8 - Wrong user details
9 - Not the owner of application
10 - Application already installed
11 - Application is not installed
12 - Not the owner of computer
13 - Wrong API key
14 - User already exists
15 - User doesnt exist
16 - Nothing was found
MKlegoman357 #80
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:04 AM
So I was allowed to release the API documentation to public, so you could suggest things that we should add.

Command
  Subcommand

Spoiler

API:
----

application
    get
    add
    	username, password, serializeddata, name, description, sdescription, category - inserts an application in database
    delete
    update
	id, username, password, serializeddata, name, description, sdescription, category - updates an application
    addchangelog
    search

news
    all - returns all news
    get

computer
    get
    install
	id, computerid, username, password - install specific program on a specific computer
    uninstall
	id, computerid, username, password - uninstall specific program on a specific computer
    register

comments
    get
    delete
    add
user
    register
    get
	id - get a specific user

Error codes
-----------

2 - Wrong command
3 - Missing data
4 - Wrong data
7 - No such subcommand
8 - Wrong user details
13 - Wrong API key
14 - User already exists
15 - User doesnt exist
16 - Nothing was found

How are we going to use this API?

Using http.get() or os.loadAPI()?
Engineer #81
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Most likely via os.loadAPI, because it are functions. But I want to say that that possibly gives issues, due that it is plain Lua code which we can edit and manipulate if a lot of security is in there.

I would recommend a http API documentation or an API which is an wrapper around the http calls.
Vilsol #82
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:20 AM
I forgot to mention, that there is a variable "type" and by default it is CC which means it will be readable with textUtils.serialize() but you can do type=json and then it will return everything in json!

It will be a GET api, so basically an example:
I want to return a user with id of 1:

Input:
?command=user&amp;amp;subcommand=get&amp;amp;id=1

Output:

{["id"]=1,["username"]="Vilsol",["email"]="vilsol2000@gmail.com",["admin"]=1,["mcusername"]="Vilsol",["rank"]=2,["applications"]={[1]={["id"]=2,["userid"]=1,["name"]="Another App",["icon"]="80 80 80 80 80 80 *80 80 80N80o80 80 *80 80I80c80o80n80 *80 80 80 80 80 80 *",["description"]="Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.",["shortdescription"]="",["views"]=0,["category"]="Misc",["date"]=1378456955,["version"]=1,["accepted"]=0,["totalrating"]=0,["ratingcount"]=0,["downloads"]=0},[2]={["id"]=5,["userid"]=1,["name"]="Void OS",["icon"]="80 80 80 80 80 80 *80 80 80N80o80 80 *80 80I80c80o80n80 *80 80 80 80 80 80 *",["description"]="Operating system that is trying to stretch out to every day people.",["shortdescription"]="Operating system that is trying to stretch out to every day people.",["views"]=0,["category"]="OS",["date"]=1378509352,["version"]=1.5,["accepted"]=0,["totalrating"]=21,["ratingcount"]=5,["downloads"]=0}}}

Now the same, but with JSON:

Input:
?command=user&amp;amp;subcommand=get&amp;amp;id=1&amp;amp;type=json

Output:
{"id":"1","username":"Vilsol","email":"vilsol2000@gmail.com","admin":"1","mcusername":"Vilsol","rank":"2","applications":[{"id":"2","userid":"1","name":"Another App","icon":"80 80 80 80 80 80 *80 80 80N80o80 80 *80 80I80c80o80n80 *80 80 80 80 80 80 *","description":"Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.","shortdescription":"","views":"0","category":"Misc","date":"1378456955","version":"1","accepted":"0","totalrating":"0","ratingcount":"0","downloads":"0"},{"id":"5","userid":"1","name":"Void OS","icon":"80 80 80 80 80 80 *80 80 80N80o80 80 *80 80I80c80o80n80 *80 80 80 80 80 80 *","description":"Operating system that is trying to stretch out to every day people.","shortdescription":"Operating system that is trying to stretch out to every day people.","views":"0","category":"OS","date":"1378509352","version":"1.5","accepted":"0","totalrating":"21","ratingcount":"5","downloads":"0"}]}

Now an example if I am searching for an application:

Input:
?command=application&amp;subcommand=search&amp;name=pear

Output:
{[1]={["id"]=1,["userid"]=2,["name"]="PearOS",["icon"]="00 00 00 8f 00 00 *00 00 8f 00 00 00 *00 8f 8f 8f 00 00 *08P08e08a08r08O08S*",["description"]="In short, PearOS is a graphical 'OS' for ComputerCraft. It completely (will, at this stage there are a few things that need to be added) removes the need to use the console. Why? Most of the people who play FTB with me have no idea how to use the computers and end up just playing 'adventure' on them. So, this is my answer to that problem.",["shortdescription"]="This is a but redundant, people won't want to enter it twice and will probably just copy and paste, but I'll ask that on the forums.",["views"]=0,["category"]="OS",["date"]=1378455254,["version"]=2,["accepted"]=0,["totalrating"]=9,["ratingcount"]=2,["downloads"]=0}}

Now if you searched for something that doesn't exist or wasn't found:

{["error"]=16,["message"]="Nothing has been found!"}

Also, if you do a function and it shouldn't give out any information like computer install command it would return like this:

{["success"]=1,["message"]="Successfully installed!"}

But you don't have to worry about making your own api for computers, because store will be giving an API which would work like this:
doRequest(command, subcommand, values)
MKlegoman357 #83
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:24 AM
Most likely via os.loadAPI, because it are functions.

I was confused, because Vilsol said "Commands/Subcommands" and those error codes. If it's using functions then maybe it could return the actual error, not the error code, like: "8: Wrong user details". This way we could have error code (string.match()) + error.

But I want to say that that possibly gives issues, due that it is plain Lua code which we can edit and manipulate if a lot of security is in there.

I don't think that they would make the security thing in the functions itself. They're too smart to do that. Making this in-site is better than giving people the code.
Engineer #84
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:26 AM
But I want to say that that possibly gives issues, due that it is plain Lua code which we can edit and manipulate if a lot of security is in there.

I don't think that they would make the security thing in the functions itself. They're too smart to do that. Making this in-site is better than giving people the code.
It does not matter how smart you are, you can always oversee something.
MKlegoman357 #85
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Well, security is one of the most important thing in here, overseeing it would be a "dumb" mistake.
Engineer #86
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:33 AM
Well, security is one of the most important thing in here so overseeing it would be a "dumb" mistake.
Sure, I agree with you. But we are humans, not computers.
And how else would you think bugs in games exist? Sometimes it is a 'dumb' mistake and sometimes it could be a logic mistake.

Im saying here that it can happen, and not that it did happen.
oeed #87
Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:52 PM
Can't wait for it to come :)/>

BTW, what does those turtles by the program name (in the screenshot) mean? They could show what computer/turtle is supported as well as advanced/normal.
The turtle is just a place holder, I haven't made the other icons yet. The turtle needs to be fixed up anyway :LP

Command
  Subcommand

Spoiler

API:
----

application
	get
	add
	delete
	update
	addchangelog
	search

news
	all - returns all news
	get

computer
	get
	install
	uninstall
	register

comments
	get
	delete
	add
user
	register
	get
	id - get a specific user

Error codes
-----------

2 - Wrong command
3 - Missing data
4 - Wrong data
7 - No such subcommand
8 - Wrong user details
13 - Wrong API key
14 - User already exists
15 - User doesnt exist
16 - Nothing was found

You can do both, but I've made an API which allow you to do commands like this:

getApplication(id)

Most likely via os.loadAPI, because it are functions. But I want to say that that possibly gives issues, due that it is plain Lua code which we can edit and manipulate if a lot of security is in there.

I would recommend a http API documentation or an API which is an wrapper around the http calls.

Yes, we will have an extensive documentation on how to use the API and we have a wrapper API for ComputerCraft

Most likely via os.loadAPI, because it are functions.

I was confused, because Vilsol said "Commands/Subcommands" and those error codes. If it's using functions then maybe it could return the actual error, not the error code, like: "8: Wrong user details". This way we could have error code (string.match()) + error.

It will return both the number and error message.

The API doesn't have any security holes, you don't run the server commands yourself, the API deals with it and only does a select few.

Well, security is one of the most important thing in here, overseeing it would be a "dumb" mistake.

This is also why we are running a private beta with people we trust. We will get them to try their best to break and find security holes in the website.
adencraft2000 #88
Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:48 PM
I could help you by being a moderator (If you need some still)
oeed #89
Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 AM
Hi again guys,

Just another quick progress update. We're getting closer and closer to having a beta out. We've almost finished the website, it's still got a few things to work on here and there, but most of what's left to do is just in the ComputerCraft app. I've changed a few bits of the style too to be more uniform. Here are a few screenshots:

Spoiler

Please note that all this stuff is subject to change. There are also a few placeholder's there too (such as the photo on the featured page, that will have a banner for the application it's advertising).
MKlegoman357 #90
Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:27 AM
Hi again guys,

Just another quick progress update. We're getting closer and closer to having a beta out. We've almost finished the website, it's still got a few things to work on here and there, but most of what's left to do is just in the ComputerCraft app. I've changed a few bits of the style too to be more uniform. Here are a few screenshots:

Spoiler

Please note that all this stuff is subject to change. There are also a few placeholder's there too (such as the photo on the featured page, that will have a banner for the application it's advertising).

I don't see where are screenshots and logo when viewing app. Also, the word "Comments" is written 2 times, looks kinda strange. Maybe the word below could be "Post a comment" or "Reply" or something else.

The GUI looks great (it always is when oeed makes it). Some screenshots of the ComputerCraft program would be nice.
GravityScore #91
Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:44 AM
I agree, the double comments looks strange, and maybe increase the line spacing? Might make it easier to read. I would personally increase the blur radius on the box shadows (because I like large blur radii :P/>), and put a bit more spacing between the app boxes (in the last screenshot).

Looks fantastic! Can't wait for a release! :D/>
Vilsol #92
Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:00 AM
I don't see where are screenshots and logo when viewing app. Also, the word "Comments" is written 2 times, looks kinda strange. Maybe the word below could be "Post a comment" or "Reply" or something else.

The GUI looks great (it always is when oeed makes it). Some screenshots of the ComputerCraft program would be nice.

We have not thought out how screenshots are going to work, but BB codes will be enabled when you post your app, so there you will be able to insert pictures.
The Icon was not yet added when the screenshot was taken. We are developing live, so anything that you see here is outdated

I agree, the double comments looks strange, and maybe increase the line spacing? Might make it easier to read. I would personally increase the blur radius on the box shadows (because I like large blur radii :P/>), and put a bit more spacing between the app boxes (in the last screenshot).

The spacing is calculated, so it would try to fit in only as many apps as it can while keeping in mind the minimum spacing.
The comment thing is already fixed, he took the screenshot right before I fixed it.
oeed #93
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:39 PM
Hi again guys,

Spoiler

We will have the icon and screenshots in soon. As I said, there are still a few small issues and odd bits. Comments shouldn't be there twice. The top screenshot is what it should look like, I just forgot to remove it :P/> I'm mainly working on the app at the moment, I'll post some screenshots of that too.

Thanks, these sort of changes are things that we'll do in the beta when people are using the site. It's not as easy to tell from the screenshots.

Vilsol is right, some of the screenshots are already out of date.

On the topic of app screenshots. I want the screenshots to support both the ComputerCraft app and the website. Because of this we can't support png, but we can support the format and renderer we use for the website. So, we will have some application which when you click a certain button takes a screenshot.
Vilsol #94
Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:18 PM
Another update!
I just finished the application banner, so for example when you make a topic in forums, you will be able to link your application image and link in the topic!
They are still missing download count and upload date.
As you might have already noticed, they look about the same as in the application list page.
Also, you might not see it here but they are 80% transparent, so they are not completely white.

Note to Oeed: I made the PHP renderer, it is in applications class called icon2gd()
oeed #95
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:39 AM
Another update!
I just finished the application banner, so for example when you make a topic in forums, you will be able to link your application image and link in the topic!
As you might have already noticed, they look about the same as in the application list page.
Also, you might not see it here but they are 80% transparent, so they are not completely white.

Note to Oeed: I made the PHP renderer, it is in applications class called icon2gd()

Looks good, I may be tweak the font sizing though.
Alice #96
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:38 AM
This is a grand idea. I just now saw it and I plan on working with it.
Vilsol #97
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:39 AM
This is a grand idea. I just now saw it and I plan on working with it.

What do you mean by working with it?
Alice #98
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:42 AM
Do you guys have a server to host this on yet or is it a pastebin thing? I don't have time to read the full post currently

By working with it, I plan on using it a lot.
Vilsol #99
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:45 AM
Do you guys have a server to host this on yet or is it a pastebin thing? I don't have time to read the full post currently

By working with it, I plan on using it a lot.

Right now there is no server with this program, as it is not released yet, but it will be pre-installed on my [A][P] server (look in my signature). It will also be available as a download from pastebin, so you can use it in singeplayer or in other servers.

Also, the store will be released earlier in my server than public, so we can make a private beta test.
Alice #100
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:45 AM
This is cool; I might try to make my own version of this for my programs only :P/>
Vilsol #101
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:50 AM
This is cool; I might try to make my own version of this for my programs only :P/>

As the store will have a public API, you will be free to do so.
I can also suggest that when you are going to use the GET API, then when you request a specific user, it will return all the programs made by him.
MKlegoman357 #102
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:53 AM
Another update!

Are these images going to have Auto-Update of the icon and rate?
Vilsol #103
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yes, and they will be updating live, so the second you update the title/description/icon/rating/downloads, it will be updated everywhere because it is generated live when you request the image.
Also, I just added the download count and date posted.
MKlegoman357 #104
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yes, and they will be updating live, so the second you update the title/description/icon/rating/downloads, it will be updated everywhere because it is generated live when you request the image.
Also, I just added the download count and date posted.

Looks great, BUT
letters of the username are intersecting (o and e in oeed) with each other.
Vilsol #105
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:25 PM
Looks great, BUT
letters of the username are intersecting (o and e in oeed) with each other.

For now it will be left like that, but when we find a better font, then we will try changing it.
Alice #106
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 PM
What I meant was, since Pastebin has it's own website and everything, you would need a place to put the files.
Vilsol #107
Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:01 PM
What I meant was, since Pastebin has it's own website and everything, you would need a place to put the files.

All the programs will be stored on the website and you will be able to download it from the appstore program. I don't see how pastebin comes in here except for downloading the initial program and api.
oeed #108
Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yea, so as Vilsol touched on, we have a server which is hosting the website, API and files. You will not be able to make your own server at this stage, we don't intend to add this either.
Vilsol #109
Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:34 PM
More technical news. We have completely changed the way how we store all the applications. We are still using Oeed's Packager, but now instead of textutils serialization, we use JSON encode. This way we can decode the application in the website and allow moderators to check through the code for any "Viruses" or other bad things, as well as the program owners will be able to edit their programs live.

Now some design news. Now the website has an editor built in, which has syntax highlighting and I have already added ComputerCraft only functions like term.clear, colors.red, rs.setOutput, etc. You will be able to change the style of the code as you want, but this is how it will look by default:

All we have left now is make it so you can actually submit applications, make the moderator and administrator panel, and then we can release the closed beta!
MKlegoman357 #110
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:08 PM
Looks great! Can't wait until the actual release (or beta).

Posting your program on forums was always a problem, because if nobody has any issues nobody replies (or not) and then newer programs/posts sink your program down until you can't find it easily and new users never sees your program, ever (or not, but you get the point). With App store this will not happen so often. Finding and updating programs will be so much easier.

Another Idea just pop into my head writing this text.
One of these would be nice to have:
  • Separate tab for "What's new/Changelog" in programs view page. Why? Well, it could be minimized/maximized. Over time changelogs are going to get very big and if users would want to scroll down to the comments section or rate the app it would take take a lot of time (unless GUI is made so you don't need to scroll down to rate/comment).
  • Spoilers. Spoilers allow users to make shorter descriptions, putting usage or even have a changelog in there.

Personally I would like to have spoilers, but having changelog that can be accessed through single-button-click would be a nice feature.

Can't wait :D/>

~LEGO
Vilsol #111
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:10 PM
Looks great! Can't wait until the actual release (or beta).

Posting your program on forums was always a problem, because if nobody has any issues nobody replies (or not) and then newer programs/posts sink your program down until you can't find it easily and new users never sees your program, ever (or not, but you get the point). With App store this will not happen so often. Finding and updating programs will be so much easier.

Another Idea just pop into my head writing this text.
One of these would be nice to have:
  • Separate tab for "What's new/Changelog" in programs view page. Why? Well, it could be minimized/maximized. Over time changelogs are going to get very big and if users would want to scroll down to the comments section or rate the app it would take take a lot of time (unless GUI is made so you don't need to scroll down to rate/comment).
  • Spoilers. Spoilers allow users to make shorter descriptions, putting usage or even have a changelog in there.
Personally I would like to have spoilers, but having changelog that can be accessed through single-button-click would be a nice feature.

Can't wait :D/>

~LEGO

Changelogs are already included in the system, but they are just not yet implemented in desgin.
Lyqyd #112
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yea, so as Vilsol touched on, we have a server which is hosting the website, API and files. You will not be able to make your own server at this stage, we don't intend to add this either.

Well, that's disappointing. What changed your mind from earlier in the topic when you seemed to be on board with external hosting?
Vilsol #113
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:49 PM
Well, that's disappointing. What changed your mind from earlier in the topic when you seemed to be on board with external hosting?

I dont think we ever talked about external hosting…
There will be an external API, so with GET commands you can get information from the site, but there was nothing said about external hosting…

Eventually we will make it so you can host on github, dropbox etc, but that is long-time goals.
MKlegoman357 #114
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I dont think we ever talked about external hosting…
There will be an external API, so with GET commands you can get information from the site, but there was nothing said about external hosting…

Eventually we will make it so you can host on github, dropbox etc, but that is long-time goals.

Spoiler

I hadn't thought about doing an API, now I think about it it's definitely the way to go. Yes, allowing other hosting places would be better, I just need to figure out how I can get that working.

With the website install button, it would go to a page that gave you instructions on how to find it. I was thinking of being able to run the program in a manner similar to this:

appstore <program>
For example, to download the program with the ID of 123 you'd do:
appstore 123
Lyqyd #115
Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:56 PM
Yes, allowing other hosting places would be better, I just need to figure out how I can get that working.

First quote is from page 3. External hosting was definitely discussed. So, is it long-term goals like you said, or never going to happen, like oeed now says? Seems like you two should discuss your actual plans in greater detail. :P/>
Vilsol #116
Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:10 PM
First quote is from page 3. External hosting was definitely discussed. So, is it long-term goals like you said, or never going to happen, like oeed now says? Seems like you two should discuss your actual plans in greater detail. :P/>

I will talk to him about this. The problem for this is that means we can't make support if you are hosting it on other sites. You won't be able to edit the code on the website live, you might be able to see the code in github and pastebin.

That is not one of the first things on the list, but if we are doing this then better do it before a release than asking everyone to move to a new system. You will still be able to host all the files inside the main CCStore site, but you will also be recommended to do so.

We won't take any reports for viruses and other harmful programs that are not hosted on our site.
Rougeminner #117
Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:33 PM
i am still learning but i design apps irl so i would be glad to help with the app store
Vilsol #118
Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:35 PM
i am still learning but i design apps irl so i would be glad to help with the app store

Not really convincing, sorry. You will have to wait until Oeed comes on.
Tell us what languages you know, what have you worked on before?
oeed #119
Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thank you for your interest, but we are not looking for any more developers at the moment. You can help out by participating in the public beta in a few weeks time.
oeed #120
Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:39 AM
Ok, we're running in to a small, but potential large, problem. Our web host's (000webhost) uptime has been rather shocking. They advertise that they have 99% uptime, which appear to be completely false. I'm using a website which monitors website uptime and this is from the last 24 hours.

Now, it may not look too bad, but trust me, it is. Most of the down times range from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. The problem with this is people try to access the app store, particularly for the first time, may believe that the program is broken etc. It's also rather annoying. So, I see 3 solutions to this, 1 not really being one.

1. We stick with our current host and have these down times.
2. We get better (paid) hosting, however, we will, have advertising on the website (which I'm really not keen on).
3. We use another free hosting service. I'm not aware of any other good ones though. It needs to support PHP and MySQL at the bare minimum.

Thoughts?
GravityScore #121
Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:50 AM
Ok, we're running in to a small, but potential large, problem. Our web host's (000webhost) uptime has been rather shocking. They advertise that they have 99% uptime, which appear to be completely false. I'm using a website which monitors website uptime and this is from the last 24 hours. Now, it may not look too bad, but trust me, it is. Most of the down times range from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. The problem with this is people try to access the app store, particularly for the first time, may believe that the program is broken etc. It's also rather annoying. So, I see 3 solutions to this, 1 not really being one. 1. We stick with our current host and have these down times. 2. We get better (paid) hosting, however, we will, have advertising on the website (which I'm really not keen on). 3. We use another free hosting service. I'm not aware of any other good ones though. It needs to support PHP and MySQL at the bare minimum. Thoughts?

I've used https://x10hosting.com/ a bit for testing and the control panel is very nice (IMO :P/>). I'm not sure about up time though, but if it's not suitable just try something else from this list: http://www.prchecker...-hosting-sites/

Also: We want a release! We want a release! We want a release! :P/> (no pressure)
oeed #122
Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:55 AM
–snip snip–

I've used https://x10hosting.com/ a bit for testing and the control panel is very nice (IMO :P/>). I'm not sure about up time though, but if it's not suitable just try something else from this list: http://www.prchecker...-hosting-sites/

Also: We want a release! We want a release! We want a release! :P/> (no pressure)

Thanks, the x10hosting one looks good, I'll have a further look in to it.

Yes, we are aware that you are all wanting a release, we are working as fast as we can :D/> However, we don't want to rush it, we'd rather it take a week or two longer and have it much better. Also, the 8 1/2 hour time difference is rather hard (when I'm at home he's a uni, when he's at home asleep except for a few hours).
GravityScore #123
Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:03 AM
Yes, we are aware that you are all wanting a release, we are working as fast as we can :D/> However, we don't want to rush it, we'd rather it take a week or two longer and have it much better. Also, the 8 1/2 hour time difference is rather hard (when I'm at home he's a uni, when he's at home asleep except for a few hours).

I agree, I'd rather you do it properly than rush it - I was just displaying excitement in a joking sort of manner because it looks awesome!
oeed #124
Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:04 PM
I've been drafting up the moderation criteria, here's what I've got so far, thoughts?

AlktatStudios #125
Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:19 PM
Good, great for moderation. (duh)
Engineer #126
Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:08 PM
What is the reasoning about not having decimal version numbers in your title? Or why cannot you just make a title which fits your need. You can do some string manipulation to make a cap at how many chars the string maximally can contain
Vilsol #127
Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:09 PM
What is the reasoning about not having decimal version numbers in your title? Or why cannot you just make a title which fits your need. You can do some string manipulation to make a cap at how many chars the string maximally can contain

It is because we have a separate field for the version to go.
oeed #128
Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

The main reason is due to neatness. It just looks messy. Also, the screen space is limited, the title can't be too long as you won't be able to read them in the app.
Vilsol #129
Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:30 PM
Here is something new. I have been working on this for the past day.

It is basically the submission form but in pre-alpha stage. You can't yet add text to the icon, nor you can upload an actual application.
Here is a GIF of the icon drawing:

Geforce Fan #130
Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:12 PM
That looks really cool, I like the idea of editing the icon outside of ComputerCraft.
But can submit apps in-game, as well as make icons in-game?
Engineer #131
Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:18 PM
That looks really cool, I like the idea of editing the icon outside of ComputerCraft.

I would imagine you can only get the files and information from the website via CC computers. I think you can only upload your program via your favourite website.

However, Im not a developer of this, so dont quote me on it.
AlktatStudios #132
Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:09 PM
How will you be able to apply for moderator?
Vilsol #133
Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM
How will you be able to apply for moderator?
For now we will be making moderators from people that are known on the forums, if the programs will start coming in too fast, we will make an application system.
Geforce Fan #134
Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I would imagine you can only get the files and information from the website via CC computers. I think you can only upload your program via your favourite website.

However, Im not a developer of this, so dont quote me on it.
I quoted you >: D
I wasn't talking about uploading it to the site, but putting the info, and putting the pastebin link there.
Geforce Fan #135
Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:15 PM
Wow. This appears to have quickly died. Is there still work going into the project?
Vilsol #136
Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:29 PM
Wow. This appears to have quickly died. Is there still work going into the project?

Yes, but real life took some time off our hands.
TheOddByte #137
Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:21 PM
I've been drafting up the moderation criteria, here's what I've got so far, thoughts?

I just want to point this out while reading 'Crashes'.. I'm pretty sure it's without not with out :P/>
And well, it's great for moderation! ;)/>
But ignoring that.. How's the project going? Is there still much todo or what?
Alice #138
Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:51 AM
If you guys ever have hosting problems, I can't get a domain name for my IP, but I could host it if you need.
bentallea #139
Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:14 PM
A couple of things:
1) have you considered running your own LAMP server? (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)
2) Will there be a way to upload programs to the store directly from ComputerCraft?

3) could you make an easter egg in future CC builds? or maybe get dan200 to include your store in CC by default?
DaGamer12345 #140
Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:29 PM
I came up with an idea that is easily implementable and quite useful. Permissions! Just as Google Play store tells you what apps can do on your phone just before you install it, so could CC App Store. I would show some code right now, but my computer is having some issues at the moment, so when it gets fixed, I can show some code.
Here's some base code to check the permissions for deleting files:
local file = fs.open(program)
local perms = {}
if string.find("fs.delete", file) == true then
 table.insert(perms, "File System - Can delete files")
end
--Do this for the other perms
for _, v in ipairs(perms) do
 --Do stuff
end
Edited on 07 November 2013 - 05:47 PM
Geforce Fan #141
Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:49 PM
What happened to this project?
DasQueekus #142
Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:05 PM
  • Anyone can submit an app.
NICE!!!!!
  • APIs aren't downloaded by the user, the program calls a function such as appstore.loadAPI('touchpoint'), it then checks the hard drive to check if that api has been downloaded and if not it will download it.
Again, NICE!!!!!
  • You can install programs from your web browser, you click a button and if you are signed in you an select which computer you want to install.
What if you're playing on a server, are you limited to the in-computer program?
Any world detection?
  • You can also install programs from an app on the computer or a command with an ID.
Prefer an app… though commands are still ok
  • Automatic updates or command based updates. (thoughts?)
Personally this should be optional… if a program has a bug that you don't want, you should be able to opt to not install yet, like in iOS, it gives a notification that there's an update available… summet like that would be nice
  • A rating, comment and ranking system.
Always useful!
  • App submissions are all moderated.
Agreed!
  • Each application has an icon, description and optional screenshots.
Nice, but how will it be displayed in-computer, will we need to submit a specially formatted file which can be displayed on the computer, or are images going to be ommitted in the program?
makerimages #143
Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yes, you will, you've posted. During the beta test everyone will be a moderator, however, this will only be temporary.
Me too, please!
Csstform #144
Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:26 AM
What is the current progress on this?
oeed #145
Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:46 PM
I will be resuming work on this in a few weeks and will talk to Vilsol about it too. I need an App Store for my new OS, so it only makes sense to use this.
Mitchfizz05 #146
Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:17 AM
I will be resuming work on this in a few weeks and will talk to Vilsol about it too. I need an App Store for my new OS, so it only makes sense to use this.
Not sure if you'll need it, but yesterday I got bored and made a little JavaScript thing that renders ComputerCraft images. ;)/>

If you're interested, here is a link to the thread: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/16341-javascript-computercraft-image-renderer/
oeed #147
Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:17 PM
I can announce that the ComputerCraft App Store is under development again and will (at this stage) be released on the 8th of February (Australian time).
Csstform #148
Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:50 PM
Hallelujah!
Spoilerhttp://youtu.be/76RrdwElnTU
Edited on 13 January 2014 - 07:53 PM
oeed #149
Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:52 PM
Hallelujah!
Spoiler[media]http://youtu.be/76RrdwElnTU[/media]

Probably the first, and last time, we see Andre Rieu on the forums :P/>
Csstform #150
Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:33 PM
Who? I just grabbed the first result from google… I haven't watched the vid. :D/>
Symmetryc #151
Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:36 PM
Please put the CC-Side API on GitHub before release :)/>
oeed #152
Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:20 AM
Please put the CC-Side API on GitHub before release :)/>

Have a poke around the thing on GitHub (you know what I'm talking about), you'll find it :P/>

Also, if anyone would like to participate in the beta (previous requests are now invalid based on the time gap) as a user, submitter or both please PM me. I will not be accepting everyone, however.

Update: The site (hosted by 000webhost) has been down for almost 24 hours! So, it's been rather difficult to work on it obviously. Hopefully this won't cause a delay.
Edited on 15 January 2014 - 06:45 PM
infinitehavoc #153
Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:24 AM
Any news on this? it is 5 days since the ETA for release

Also, if your still looking for a site host, PingPerfect is awesome. Very cheap and awesome uptime

http://pingperfect.com/aff.php?aff=005
Edited on 13 February 2014 - 07:26 AM
awsmazinggenius #154
Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:59 AM
Any news on this? it is 5 days since the ETA for release

Also, if your still looking for a site host, PingPerfect is awesome. Very cheap and awesome uptime

http://pingperfect.com/aff.php?aff=005
Umm, read the thread. There is a private beta going on (I'm on it), and a public beta is expected to commence soon. After the bugs get kinked out, there will be a release. This project was delayed a bit, probably due to real life.
TheMrIron2 #155
Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:41 AM
The App Store is out now, I think. The website's up and that has the Pastebin code.

I just found it after googling "CCAppStore". :P/> Besides, it's in oeed's OneOS.
Dragon53535 #156
Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:34 AM
Oeed a little suggestion about your app store, as well as a bug. Bug: In the comments if you use quotes it puts a "\" before them like \"Bob said hi\" which i'm guessing is part of your code on how to differentiate normal "'s that we type as opposed to strings and such. Suggestion: In your app store you should add a functionality to edit comments.

Also it seems i was able to accept my own app that i submitted, so unless i'm somehow a mod, i don't know how that's possible.
Edited on 07 April 2014 - 07:23 PM
oeed #157
Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:22 AM
I may get around to releasing as a standalone program, until then please refer all issues to the OneOS topic.
MKlegoman357 #158
Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:19 PM
It is working as a standalone version, I've been playing with it before OneOS came out. What needs to be changed?
Cranium #159
Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:12 PM
Locked upon request.