This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
YuvonDovah's profile picture

How To Add Cc Code Into A Server

Started by YuvonDovah, 28 August 2013 - 05:43 PM
YuvonDovah #1
Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Code I Used In The Video: (not working for some reason)

Sorry that it's so quiet i've fixed that now!

Please like and comment with any questions or advice.

Subscribe if you wish to see more!

Only works if your server allows outgoing internet.
Zudo #2
Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:23 AM
Sorry that it's so quiet i've fixed that now!

Lies.

Seriously, this is just a tutorial on how to use pastebin.
PixelToast #3
Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:31 AM
yeah, its still really quiet, i can barely hear it even when i open it in vlc and turn it to 200% volume
YuvonDovah #4
Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 PM
I had fixed the audio but i could change the volume for this video all my others are a lot better volume and yes it's basically a tutorial for pastebin but many people don't know about pastebin and want to copy and paste codes easily into servers.
Engineer #5
Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:45 AM
What our the server doesn't allow outgoing internet connections for cc?
The title is misleading.
YuvonDovah #6
Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:17 AM
I'm sorry about that but almost all other servers have outgoing internet connections for cc, and sorry if the title wasn't precise, but it works for most people.
Engineer #7
Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:30 AM
I'm sorry about that but almost all other servers have outgoing internet connections for cc, and sorry if the title wasn't precise, but it works for most people.
Still, then the title is still misleading. What if I disabled HTTP in the config? Make a full tutorial, or at least change your title to pastebin tutorial or something.
YuvonDovah #8
Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:48 PM
Still, then the title is still misleading. What if I disabled HTTP in the config? Make a full tutorial, or at least change your title to pastebin tutorial or something.
Enableing http api in the computercraft config would allow pastebin to work I believe.
Engineer #9
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:22 AM
Enableing http api in the computercraft config would allow pastebin to work I believe.

THAT IS NOT THE (…) POINT!
LBPHacker #10
Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:33 AM
-snip-
*sigh* He didn't ask what to do if he disabled the HTTP API. He stated that you should have covered the config file as well, since the HTTP API can be disabled in the config. Suppose somebody has totally no experience of CC. He watches your video, he does exactly what you do, but hell, pastebin won't work for them, since the HTTP API is not enabled by default, and said person has not enough knowledge of CC to figure that out. When you make a start-from-nothing tutorial, really start it from nothing and don't assume people who watch it know how to enable the HTTP API. Actually, enabling the HTTP API is more important than using pastebin. The usage of pastebin can be learnt in two minutes (at least it took me two minutes to learn it), while without the HTTP API pastebin and tons of other programs are worth nothing.
YuvonDovah #11
Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:33 PM
-snip-
*sigh* He didn't ask what to do if he disabled the HTTP API. He stated that you should have covered the config file as well, since the HTTP API can be disabled in the config. Suppose somebody has totally no experience of CC. He watches your video, he does exactly what you do, but hell, pastebin won't work for them, since the HTTP API is not enabled by default, and said person has not enough knowledge of CC to figure that out. When you make a start-from-nothing tutorial, really start it from nothing and don't assume people who watch it know how to enable the HTTP API. Actually, enabling the HTTP API is more important than using pastebin. The usage of pastebin can be learnt in two minutes (at least it took me two minutes to learn it), while without the HTTP API pastebin and tons of other programs are worth nothing.
I'm sorry if it isn't the best tutorial I was just trying to help and to be honest I thought I was helping. I also thought HTTP API was enabled by default - and disabled on some servers - because I did nothing, I didn't have to enable the HTTP API to make it work, which would imply (on my computer at .least) it was enabled by default. Also I didn't fully understand what he said and I agree with you I should have made the tutorial showing everything
theoriginalbit #12
Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:43 PM
because I did nothing, I didn't have to enable the HTTP API to make it work, which would imply (on my computer at .least) it was enabled by default.
This is because you've downloaded a server that is a mod pack server. So you've gone and downloaded something like FTB and run it, they provide you with configs, which also includes the HTTP API being enabled.