This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ebernerd's profile picture

Limefyre Classic

Started by ebernerd, 01 September 2013 - 09:50 PM
ebernerd #1
Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

LimeFyre Classic is an old OS my friend and I built ages ago. It is outdated, clunky, and basically useless. I am working on a more functional, more powerful, and more versatile version now, but I thought I'd update this post.

Note: this OS (if you'd call it that) is not getting updated from its current state. Rather, it is getting re-programmed. Continues this if you'd like. Otherwise, hold tight for LimeFyre 2.
Edited on 17 February 2015 - 05:20 AM
Zudo #2
Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:54 AM
Dat logo :o/>

I want to see more screenshots, because your one doesn't give me any idea what the OS is like :)/>

And, I am not downloading anything from MF.
ebernerd #3
Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:25 AM
Dat logo :o/>

I want to see more screenshots, because your one doesn't give me any idea what the OS is like :)/>

And, I am not downloading anything from MF.
Yeah
My snapshots were corrupt. D:
A video will be up soon.

Pastebin installer is being worked on right now.
Zudo #4
Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:44 AM
A video will be up soon.

Aww… I am using an old computer on Lubuntu, which can't play flash :(/>

And I did download it, but then I realized it was in .rar. At least put it in .zip!
ebernerd #5
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:04 AM
A video will be up soon.

And I did download it, but then I realized it was in .rar. At least put it in .zip!
I thought I used Zip. Oops. Testing the custom pastebin installer I created for this version.
Zudo #6
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:09 AM
A video will be up soon.

I thought I used Zip. Oops. Testing the custom pastebin installer I created for this version.

:o/> lol
ebernerd #7
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:10 AM
Pastebin installer crashed. Fixing it to ZIP
ebernerd #8
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:13 AM
Now a ZIP
WolfNinja2 #9
Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:10 PM
Hope you guys like the OS and the videos. My POV has a little competition Eric left out because he's bad ;D
Dave-ee Jones #10
Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:42 AM
Your videos are HILARIOUS!

Nice OS with an interesting name. :P/>
If you want any help, I would be happy to. :)/>
mitterdoo #11
Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:09 AM
if you want to make an installer use this program i made
ebernerd #12
Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:45 AM
Your videos are HILARIOUS!

Nice OS with an interesting name. :P/>
If you want any help, I would be happy to. :)/>
Thanks. I will tell Wolfie!

if you want to make an installer use this program i made

Thanks!
Zudo #13
Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 PM
Use

read("*")
not

read()

Plus, say Invalid username or password rather than Invalid username. It tells hackers they have a correct username, so they can guess quicker.
Dave-ee Jones #14
Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:37 AM
Use

read("*")
not

read()

Plus, say Invalid username or password rather than Invalid username. It tells hackers they have a correct username, so they can guess quicker.

Not that all hackers need that information. I got through the login bit really easily. I realised it wasn't terminate-protected, so I just went Ctrl+T and had a look at where the usernames and passwords were stored, and guess what? The usernames were stored in a directory called 'Usernames' and the passwords were stored in a directory called 'Passwords', both in the root '/' folder.

So yeah, I think you need to work on that, V and Wolfie.
Other than a few other security bugs, it's all pretty fine :D/>
Keep it up!
Zudo #15
Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:08 PM
Use

read("*")
not

read()

Not that all hackers need that information. I got through the login bit really easily. I realised it wasn't terminate-protected, so I just went Ctrl+T and had a look at where the usernames and passwords were stored, and guess what? The usernames were stored in a directory called 'Usernames' and the passwords were stored in a directory called 'Passwords', both in the root '/' folder.

Keep it up!

In plaintext :)/>
Dave-ee Jones #16
Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:31 AM
Use

read("*")
not

read()

Keep it up!

In plaintext :)/>

What do you mean?
LBPHacker #17
Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:56 AM
-snip-
Use -snip- (doesn't consume as much space as quoting the whole conversation). I think he means that the passwords are not hashed nor encrypted or whatever - they just lay there in a text file.

BTW, we don't like ads. Here's a direct mediafire link: http://download2041....eFyre0.1ZIP.zip
ebernerd #18
Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:20 AM
Updated main post. LimeFyre 2 is on the way.