This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
techno9487's profile picture

Mcp And Modding

Started by techno9487, 02 September 2013 - 01:09 AM
techno9487 #1
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:09 AM
i used to be quite good at modding but since the mcp 1.3.2 update i have been able to decomple minecraft but it wouldn't put the decompiled sorce in the ecplise folder. i recently tried it on another windows computer i have and i it didnt work on that either.

However a few days ago a friend of mine came over with his mac and when we tried it on that it worked! and i can't work out whats going wrong. If and one has any ideas please help.

A Modder in need.
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM
The source doesn't go in the Eclipse folder, it goes into the src folder. If you open the workspace that is inside the Eclipse folder, you'll notice that Eclipse will have all the appropriate files linked in. I really don't like the MCP setup for modding though, their workspace makes it hard to update between versions, take a look at Pahimars Let's Mod series episode 4, for a much nicer project setup!
Mitchfizz05 #3
Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:30 PM
I used to mod once upon a time, but I don't anymore, there's no fun in it for me.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:05 PM
I used to mod once upon a time, but I don't anymore, there's no fun in it for me.
And this is relevant to the problem at hand how?
techno9487 #5
Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:34 PM
thx but i didn't phrase it right ii ment to say that there wasnt any .java files in the eclipse workspace
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:09 PM
The only thing I can suggest is trying to install a fresh Eclipse, 'cause well Eclipse is pretty particular and when something breaks, everything does. Other than trying a fresh instance of Eclipse, assuming you've also tried the latest MCP (and forge) then I suggest that you just completely scrap the MCP Eclipse workspace and make your own. Like I stated before their workspace isn't very nice, it's generic, but not great for easy modding, upgradability, and the ability for mods to require other mods.

Pahimar's Lets Mod — [Minecraft 1.6] Development Environment 3.0 Setup (the better way than the MCP workspace)
techno9487 #7
Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:16 AM
oh so like decompile to source then start a new project in eclipse then copy the code and packages in then mod it. Then afterwards only recompile the files i have changed?
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:16 AM
Yeh exactly
techno9487 #9
Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:29 AM
oh kk thx