This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lego Stax's profile picture

Fps Game For Lithium Os - Discontinued

Started by Lego Stax, 02 September 2013 - 08:22 PM
Lego Stax #1
Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to put this here because I just wanted to have some submissions for enemies, and I'm really horrible at making paint images that are not for menus.

Image Submission:
- Must have color (no white on black or vice versa)
- Must use either nPaintPro or the default paint program
- Must be submitted with a link! No Mediafire (I don't trust it with viruses from ads and all)

If you have any other suggestions for cool features for the game, please put them into your comments below.
Thanks Again!
LegoStax

Sorry, this has been discontinued because I've gotten stumped on 3d rendering, plus you guys haven't submitted anything.
PixelToast #2
Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:30 AM
- Must have color (white on black or vice versa) – white on black is no color
- Must use either nPaintPro or the default paint program – same thing
- Must be submitted on Pastebin and posted here with a link – why pastebin, why not hastebin, or even a raw file would work

please describe how the enemies should look
what is the game about?
and why would you need actual textures, the screens are tiny, a simple red dot would do
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:42 AM
and why would you need actual textures, the screens are tiny, a simple red dot would do
Maybe it's a max sized monitor on text scale 0.5 :P/>
RazeLion #4
Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:43 AM
If the game was made specifically for Monitors (i.e. certain monitor sizes) it'd get more hits I think. Screens on ComputerCraft are small (What PixelToats said).

If you want to see how to draw people in ComputerCraft decently see NitrogenFingers game contributions. He even made NPaintPro!
Lego Stax #5
Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:12 AM
Sorry, I made a mistake, I didn't want it in white and black. I forgot to put 'no' :P/>. I didn't think of making this an arcade game for monitors, but now that I think about it, that's a great idea! To answer some of your questions, I want to make this something like Time Crisis 2. Here's an example image (yes, I know that it isn't Time Crisis 2, the previous image that was, wouldn't work), in case some of you haven't seen it (which I'm pretty sure that most of you have). Also, I don't want to make this all myself because: 1. I'm a horrible artist (as I said before), 2. I really would like some community input on this.