This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
turtle5204's profile picture

Need People For Diamondcc Corp

Started by turtle5204, 08 September 2013 - 04:05 PM
turtle5204 #1
Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:05 PM
DiamondCC Is a team which programs for computercraft. CC = Computercraft. We need people to join, as we will make a server for DiamondCC members ONLY.

My username: turtle5024
My steam name: DiamondKitty
Programming at computercraft?: Kinda good.
Ways of contact: Email at gameexpertnetwork@gmail.com or on the irc #diamondcc channel at http://www.esper.net

Template for application (Copy/Paste):

Minecraft Username
Steam username(optional)
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?:
Can you come to team meetings?:
Vilsol #2
Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:32 PM
Seems like this is not getting popular… Why not start?
Minecraft Username: Vilsol
Steam username(optional): Vilsol
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: I have developed many things starting from smart turtle quarries to API's and an OS
Can you come to team meetings?: Not really sure about what do you mean, but I can communicate in TS, Mumble, Skype, IRC and Email.

Can I also ask, what are your projects that you want to work on with the team, and also how are we going to work on it?
turtle5204 #3
Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:35 AM
Seems like this is not getting popular… Why not start?
Minecraft Username: Vilsol
Steam username(optional): Vilsol
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: I have developed many things starting from smart turtle quarries to API's and an OS
Can you come to team meetings?: Not really sure about what do you mean, but I can communicate in TS, Mumble, Skype, IRC and Email.

Can I also ask, what are your projects that you want to work on with the team, and also how are we going to work on it?
Application ACCEPTED! Examples of projects are like OS's, cool programs, etc. Yes we can work on it on minecraft or on CCDesk. I prefer minecraft.
Zudo #4
Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:22 PM
Minecraft Username:z_hackz
Steam username(optional):ZudoHackz
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?:I feel that I am quite good, although the programs I make don't normally get released.
Can you come to team meetings?:I don't know what you mean. I can communicate in IRC (Name: ZudoHackz) and in game.

Join #diamondcc on irc.esper.net :)/> What is your nick, I will op you!
Vilsol #5
Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:07 PM
Application ACCEPTED! Examples of projects are like OS's, cool programs, etc. Yes we can work on it on minecraft or on CCDesk. I prefer minecraft.

Thank you for accepting, but I have some more questions then.
If you have every worked in a team before, then how did you work on the same code at the same time without overriding eachother.
Second, if we are working in minecraft, there will be a huge lag issue and also the in-game editor is awful (Sorry, dan200).
Third, You haven't provided any contact details of your own, nor your preferred communication type.
InputUsername #6
Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:41 PM
Minecraft Username: InputUsername
Steam Username (optional): either InputUsername or inputusername, I can't remember which one it is.
How good are you at programming stuff in ComputerCraft? I think I have a fair amount of knowledge of ComputerCraft-Lua, although few of my programs have been released.
Can you come to team meetings? Sure! I am available on Skype, Email, ingame and if necessary on IRC.
PixelToast #7
Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:09 PM
Minecraft Username:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TrollGabe/
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: ive made some things
Can you come to team meetings?: yea
turtle5204 #8
Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 PM
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?:I feel that I am quite good, although the programs I make don't normally get released.
Can you come to team meetings?:I don't know what you mean. I can communicate in IRC (Name: ZudoHackz) and in game.

Join #diamondcc on irc.esper.net :)/>/> What is your nick, I will op you!
ACCEPTED!

Minecraft Username:
Steam: http://steamcommunit...m/id/TrollGabe/
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: ive made some things
Can you come to team meetings?: yea
ACCEPTED!

Minecraft Username: InputUsername
Steam Username (optional): either InputUsername or inputusername, I can't remember which one it is.
How good are you at programming stuff in ComputerCraft? I think I have a fair amount of knowledge of ComputerCraft-Lua, although few of my programs have been released.
Can you come to team meetings? Sure! I am available on Skype, Email, ingame and if necessary on IRC.
ACCEPTED

ACCEPTED

Also, my nickname is Turtle5204 on EsperIRC
Vilsol #9
Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:25 PM
Do you even read what I said and that Pixel didn't even put his MC name on the application?
jay5476 #10
Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM
Minecraft Username: jadengregory00
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: id say an 8 theres a bit I don't know
Can you come to team meetings?: mostly depending on what time, but ill make an effort

id like to help out and be a part of a team that can make awesome projects :)/>
KillaVanilla #11
Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:57 PM
Hm. This appears to be picking up steam…

Minecraft Username: KillaVanilla
Steam username(optional): -1 Up
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: I've written many, many programs for ComputerCraft. Most of it is "behind-the-scenes" stuff; don't ask me to make you a GUI.
Can you come to team meetings?: Depends on the time, I've got school.
PixelToast #12
Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:47 PM
do you need web/mc/ts server hosting?
i recently got my borked latptop running debian
Vilsol #13
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

dont worry, I have a dedicated server, if we will need a <= 4GB server then I can run it. with fibre optic connection ;)/>
Mitchfizz05 #14
Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

dont worry, I have a dedicated server, if we will need a <= 4GB server then I can run it. with fibre optic connection ;)/>/>
Wish I had a fiber optic connection, not old Australian copper crap. :(/>
jay5476 #15
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:54 PM
yeh sadly that wont change soon tony abbot sucks with some things like the NBN (I am entitled to my opinion)
Vilsol #16
Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:26 PM
Is this still going on?
Alice #17
Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:59 AM
This is a nice idea; shame I'm grounded for a year.
Zudo #18
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:17 PM
Hi turtle5204, when are you around on IRC? I can't op you when you are not online.
CoderPuppy #19
Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:31 PM
Minecraft Username: CoderPuppy
How good are you at programming stuff on computercraft?: Pretty good, though not really with actual CC stuff, just CC-Lua stuff.
Can you come to team meetings?: Most of the time.
turtle5204 #20
Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:51 PM
Hi turtle5204, when are you around on IRC? I can't op you when you are not online.
On most weekdays, from 5PM EST to 8PM EST
Weekends: 10AM - 8PM.
Vilsol #21
Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:42 PM
Turtle I think this is not going to work. Seems like you are not reading this topic at all, nor you are accepting or denying people.

Also, what the hell is in your signature, and when did something like that happen?

<Turtle5204> Oh crap….
<Visol> NOW WHAT?
<Turtle5204> I ran the rapid listener. My computer's frozen now.
turtle5204 #22
Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 AM
Turtle I think this is not going to work. Seems like you are not reading this topic at all, nor you are accepting or denying people.

Also, what the hell is in your signature, and when did something like that happen?

<Turtle5204> Oh crap….
<Visol> NOW WHAT?
<Turtle5204> I ran the rapid listener. My computer's frozen now.
I like jokes. Want me to change it, cuz its a joke.
Vilsol #23
Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:46 AM
I like jokes. Want me to change it, cuz its a joke.

Well at first, you got my name wrong.
Second, that would never be an answer to my server player, which makes me feel ashamed as you are wearing it as your signature to show off how bad of a person I am.

Third, please answer to my initial questions and accept/deny other users? Seems like you did this "Team" thing just for fun, whereas others took it a bit more seriously.
turtle5204 #24
Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:18 PM
Ok, I'll change it.