This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
gamax92's profile picture

Gams Shell Alpha 0.1

Started by gamax92, 05 October 2013 - 09:05 PM
gamax92 #1
Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:05 PM
EDIT: I recommend LongOS instead of this.

Description:
GamsShell is just a little project I've been working on for some time. I've recently gotten back to it and have gotten it into a state that I like.
I do not recommend using GamsShell as a normal shell extender, error checking is buggy, if any. CraftOS support is also glitchy at the moment.
The code is currently in a state of "WHAT WAS I THINKING" as I'm trying to rediscover how it all works.
GamsShell (specifically rGUI) requires that you have a Computer capable of color.

A request to people who try this: What kind of applications do you want to see, any bugs that I don't have listed in improvement?

Please note that the downloads available are not installers of any kind, the zips provided are simply copies of my computer folder.

Screenshots:
None Currently, will get some up.

Features:
GamsShell is designed to act as a shell extender to CraftOS, and provides (or plans to) the following features.

Compatibility with CraftOS
Run CraftOS programs as a window or as fullscreen (Only windowed support works.)
GUI api for programs to use.
A collection of programs for users.

Somethings I'd like to improve:
rGUI. rGUI was left in a rather dirty state before it was discontinued. Its also hard to setup and for GamsShell, could use some more extending.
Autodetection of executables. If the program being run has a specific line at the top indicating its a GamsShell program, run it as such.
GSDesk. GSDesk is the default "Shell" for GamsShell (yes, confusing) and is a work in progress. Taskbar is crap, Menu items are fake.
GamsShell File Manager. Doesn't launch anything.
GSPaint. Has no content in it.
CraftOS Support. Mouse doesn't really work at all.
Prevent GamsShell from trying to run in GamsShell, recursion = bad.
Handle Color detection inside of GamsShell and remove it from rGUI.
GSI Image Encoder routines are outdated.
Make CCDesk taskbar always on top.

Credits to:
robhol - rGUI
Gopher - goroutines, redirect
nitrogenfingers - NPaintPro Text Images support.
Tech-Algorithm.com - Nearest Neighbor Image Scaling routine.

Downloads:
Version 0.1

Old Downloads:
None currently.

Changelog:
Spoiler0.2:
Cleanup!
Removed image animation tmp folder.
Removed duplicate npaintpro program.
Removed rgui_crap folder.
Changed LUA icon to just a CraftOS shell.
Fixed CraftOS 4CHR label not being set.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:41 PM
Closed by request.