This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
RandomMcSomethin's profile picture

[1.57] Explosive Turtles

Started by RandomMcSomethin, 20 October 2013 - 06:37 PM
RandomMcSomethin #1
Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:37 PM
My suggestion is to add a command to a turtle to make it blow up
turtle.explode(blast radius in blocks)
If nothing is entered, it will use the TNT blast radius

What do you think?
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:48 PM
Sounds like a griefing tool to me. Why can't you be happy enough with the Turtle placing TNT and then activating it with a redstone signal.

EDIT:
Also could you imagine what this would do to a server.

turtle.explode(2^31)
No offence, but I think this suggestion definitely gets the "stupidest suggestion of the month" award.
Edited on 20 October 2013 - 06:50 PM
Anavrins #3
Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:19 PM
Sounds like a griefing tool to me. Why can't you be happy enough with the Turtle placing TNT and then activating it with a redstone signal.

EDIT:

turtle.explode(2^31)
No offence, but I think this suggestion definitely gets the "stupidest suggestion of the month" award.
Obviously it would be stupid to not put any boundaries, personally I think the max radius should be the same as TNTs.
Anyway, adding to the idea, crafting a turtle with a TNT would give a Kamikaze Turtle (or any other name) which is the only one that as the turtle.explode() function and can be enabled/disabled in the configs.
Personally I don't know how this could be used in a useful way, but I'm pretty sure some people might find this interesting.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:33 PM
Nah.

Feel free to make a peripheral mod for it though.
RandomMcSomethin #5
Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

EDIT:

turtle.explode(2^31)
None taken, everyone gets criticism from time to time, and that's what improves things :)/>

EDIT:

turtle.explode(2^31)
Obviously it would be stupid to not put any boundaries, personally I think the max radius should be the same as TNTs.
Anyway, adding to the idea, crafting a turtle with a TNT would give a Kamikaze Turtle (or any other name) which is the only one that as the turtle.explode() function and can be enabled/disabled in the configs.
Personally I don't know how this could be used in a useful way, but I'm pretty sure some people might find this interesting.
I do, and people could probably use it in mining, clearing large spaces, adventure maps, etc.
good idea
Nah.

Feel free to make a peripheral mod for it though.
How do you make those?
Lyqyd #6
Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:37 PM
You could start by reading the sticky post in the Peripherals section.
TheOddByte #7
Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:57 PM
You could start by reading the sticky post in the Peripherals section.
And check out this awesome tutorial by Bubba.