This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
figgycity50's profile picture

[indev][free][0.5] Cash* - Computercraft Advanced Shell

Started by figgycity50, 27 October 2013 - 02:12 PM
figgycity50 #1
Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:12 PM
It's here. After 2 Ask a Pros and a bit of googling, and of course some coding and Gitting, I present…
CASH*

[right]*no money included[/right]
CASH is the free, open-source, Linux-like, colorful (but compatible with non-advanced computers/turtles) alternative shell for ComputerCraft. It is currently in development stage, but you can download it from my Git repo.
Screenshots:
Spoilerhttp://prntscr.com/20523q

Features:

Spoiler
  • Compatible with the label command.
  • Colorful when possible.
  • Linux-like.
  • WAAAY less lines the stock ComputerCraft terminal. CASH is 65 lines long, Stock Terminal is 222 lines.
  • Liked by figgycity50 :)/>
Get with my Download Center (in my profile) for GitHub: https://github.com/f...master/cash.lua
Bug tracker on GitHub https://github.com/figgycity50/cash/issues
Changelog on GitHub https://github.com/figgycity50/cash/commits/master/cash.lua (GITHUB IS EVERYTHING :D/> how awesome)
LDShadowLord #2
Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM
What does this add, other than a few colours, to the shell? Seeing as you promote it as an "Advanced SHell"
figgycity50 #3
Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:36 AM
What does this add, other than a few colours, to the shell? Seeing as you promote it as an "Advanced SHell"

Nothing Extra, YET (do know this is still indev) but i am adding more stuff as we speak (i have notepad++ open now) 1 thing is that it's a lot more shorter and more linux-like
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:08 AM
it's a lot more shorter
of course, you'd be taking advantage of the fact that it's running inside of the parent shell and don't actually need to define all the shell API.
figgycity50 #5
Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:32 AM
it's a lot more shorter
of course, you'd be taking advantage of the fact that it's running inside of the parent shell and don't actually need to define all the shell API.
yeah but that's everybody's advantage
LDShadowLord #6
Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:11 AM
So, it's not a shell. It's a wrapper for the shell that looks shiny and colourful?
Zudo #7
Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:28 AM
So, it's not a shell. It's a wrapper for the shell that looks shiny and colourful?

Ya. You really should add something that is actually useful, like tab-completion or permanent history (command history saved to a file, that you can reuse it even if the computer is rebooted)
figgycity50 #8
Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ya. You really should add something that is actually useful, like tab-completion or permanent history (command history saved to a file, that you can reuse it even if the computer is rebooted)

that's exactly what i'm doing in the future updates
Zudo #9
Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

that's exactly what i'm doing in the future updates

I knew I was psychic!
theHatedOne #10
Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:06 PM
It's so colorful that it all bends and makes sweet-colorful-shiny-blinky mess, keep your shinyness under control or powderpuff girls will pop out of it ;)/>
Shazz #11
Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:24 PM
alternative shell for ComputerCraft

• WAAAY less lines the stock ComputerCraft terminal. CASH is 65 lines long, Stock Terminal is 222 lines.

This is in no way a replacement/alternative for the default shell, it runs on top of the shell and makes some visual modifications. If I was to remove the original shell, this wouldn't run at all.
It's an awesome idea and I really like how it looks and what it's going to add like tab completion (something I always wanted in CC) but please don't mislabel it. I would say it's more like a modification/extension for the default shell.
Dave-ee Jones #12
Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:22 AM
Looks so much like MacOS X Terminal or Raspian Terminal…Except for the colors.
willwac #13
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM
You do relize that something like this has already been made? I'ts called kilOS.
theHatedOne #14
Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 AM
There are so many OSes that it is impossible to keep track of all off them. Even if it was done once, why not make it again?
Lyqyd #15
Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:24 AM
Moved to Operating Systems.