This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DiabolusNeil's profile picture

Flamenet

Started by DiabolusNeil, 29 October 2013 - 08:31 PM
DiabolusNeil #1
Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 PM
I've decided to remove all information about this subject until it is fully completed. Could a moderator please lock this?
InputUsername #2
Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:34 AM
I hope you were kidding when you said 'hours of programming and debugging'.

Also it lacks encryption/password hashing which is quite essential for a login system. The only positive thing I can say is 'nice GUI', but it doesn't even use colors.

I really don't want to sound harsh but these forums are literally FLOODED with programs like these, you really have to come up with something new to stand out. Sorry.
DiabolusNeil #3
Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Also it lacks encryption/password hashing which is quite essential for a login system. The only positive thing I can say is 'nice GUI', but it doesn't even use colors.

I really don't want to sound harsh but these forums are literally FLOODED with programs like these, you really have to come up with something new to stand out. Sorry.

I've never done anything like this before, so that's why it took longer. I didn't say I was a professional coder, and this is a PIECE of a larger program I'm working on. Also, I didn't say it was completely finished.

Also, what the heck is encryption/password hashing? I've never heard of that before.

Please don't assume that I'm done with this, and that this is all that I have to offer.
Zudo #4
Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I've never done anything like this before, so that's why it took longer. I didn't say I was a professional coder, and this is a PIECE of a larger program I'm working on. Also, I didn't say it was completely finished.

Also, what the heck is encryption/password hashing? I've never heard of that before.

Please don't assume that I'm done with this, and that this is all that I have to offer.

Encryption is when a piece of data is scrambled with a key, and that key can be used to unscramble it.
Hashing is similar, but there is no key and it cannot be decrypted.
DiabolusNeil #5
Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:08 PM
To ZudoHackz: Thanks for the explanation.

To InputUsername: I haven't added an encryption system because the user isn't supposed to access the user information files. Like I already said, this is going to be part of a bigger program, and I'll make it so the user cannot access normal computer functions.
Lyqyd #6
Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:45 PM
Locked. Report your topic when you have code to show.