This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SpencerBeige's profile picture

Started by SpencerBeige, 02 November 2013 - 12:42 PM
SpencerBeige #1
Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:42 PM
Okay so I just downloaded 1.7 and I want to play computercraft but I cannot because…well it isn't out yet and everybody knows that it would suck to have to close minecraft, re-open it to 1.6 and then play computercraft. I have already contacted Dan200 at his CC member page,. please give me your opinion on this issue by commenting!
electrodude512 #2
Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:54 PM
CC needs Forge which needs MCP, and neither Forge nor MCP are out yet for 1.7. CC for 1.7 won't come out until after Forge does. Don't update your minecraft until forge is released for that version, or, better yet, use a instance m'bober like MultiMC (no idea if it works with 1.6, i'm still stuck on 1.5.2) and make a new instance for every version of minecraft.
SpencerBeige #3
Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:21 PM
okay thanks scripter! I'll go bug forge makers instead of CC makers LOL :)/>
Engineer #4
Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:25 PM
The problem is that forge cannot do anything about it either. That is because… Well just read this: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,13353.0.html
Kingdaro #5
Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:24 PM
It's generally a bad idea to bug mod makers anyway, as they're more than likely already working on updating their mods, and they don't need people like you telling them to do a job they're already working hard at.
SpencerBeige #6
Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:02 PM
I know I just wanted to make sure dan200 was still working on CC instead of only creating QCraft!
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #7
Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:17 PM
I know I just wanted to make sure dan200 was still working on CC instead of only creating QCraft!
Even if he wouldn't make any more updates to computercraft(not true and hopefully never will be), you shouldn't complain about it, because if he decides that he doesn't want to continue the development of the mod, he would probably have his reasons. You can't just demand of somebody to continue the development of a free mod, that doesn't get him any money (except a few donations and adf.ly), forever.
Lyqyd #8
Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:39 PM
Okay, look. Maybe the two previous posts getting deleted wasn't obvious enough, so I'll spell this out as clearly as I can: ComputerCraft will update when it updates. It will not update a moment sooner, nor a moment later. There is nothing you can do to speed the process along. Bugging people won't speed anything up, and at worse, can slow things down. You are not entitled to an updated version of the mod, so please stop posting about it as if you are.

Locked.