This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jay5476's profile picture

Cod Ghosts

Started by jay5476, 04 November 2013 - 05:13 AM
jay5476 #1
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM
Who will be getting it?
What do you think of the released footage so far?
What console will you get on it?
——————————————-
When it's released( approx 1hour 40mins for me ) tell me what you think :)/>

Please no people saying BF4 is better so I'm not getting ghosts( people who like BF gameplay: get BF4 be content and leave cod alone )
Engineer #2
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 AM
Im not going to get it, just because its CoD. Let me explain that:
Why I dont like CoDI dont like CoD for one major reason: there are too much trolls and so-called noobs out there that I cannot bear it to not rage. Its just better for my sanity and environment, I break a lot of things when I rage because of CoD.

A second reason is that the campaign isnt really that long, at least previous versions didnt have a very long storyline. And to add to that, now they are going to "invent" wars, because they always used historic wars to simulate the weapons and how it went on the battlefield. I just dont like the idea of "inventing" new wars I guess.

The released footage looks cool, but that always is better than it actually is. The trailer is awesome, but a bit.. unreal for the game. Its more of a trailer to get people believe that it is that pretty, but people dont get what they expect.

I still want to touch the topic of BF4. In my opinion: it cannot be comparable to CoD. Because CoD is more focused on the actual warfare and interaction with other players, while BF4 has bigger maps and you can sometimes walk around and mess around with vehicles.

But I played the beta of BF4, and I figured Im not that good with shooters on the PC, Im waay better on my xbox for sure, but I dont want to pay anymore for that expensive xbox live cr*p. In the end I regret I didnt chose for a PS, but whatever.

By the way, I have played CoD World at World, CoD Black Ops and all the versions between them (1?). It was good for a while, but then I started raging and .. you can guess that.

Im getting off topic, so I quit here :D/>
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #3
Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:09 AM
I agree with the reasons engineer said why he doesn't like cod, but please don't start a flame war about this. Also the engine just got updated for the first time since 12 years and the game doesn't look nearly as good as BF4(even though there probably would be no difference on my PC) and it's pretty overpriced(70€ for the cheapest digital version), but BF4 isn't cheaper either. On the other side, if there weren't so many trolls and noobs I would totally get it.
Shazz #4
Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:07 PM
Can't wait for it to come out!

So I can finally start playing BF4 :D/>
zekesonxx #5
Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:27 AM
I agree with the reasons engineer said why he doesn't like cod, but please don't start a flame war about this. Also the engine just got updated for the first time since 12 years and the game doesn't look nearly as good as BF4(even though there probably would be no difference on my PC) and it's pretty overpriced(70€ for the cheapest digital version), but BF4 isn't cheaper either. On the other side, if there weren't so many trolls and noobs I would totally get it.

(the game is actually out now)

Ghosts is still as shitty as any other CoD. Wait a couple of weeks and most of the PC players will all be hacking, and the Xbox players are already being as worthless as ever.

Can't wait for it to come out!

So I can finally start playing BF4 :D/>/>/>

This is the correct response to a new CoD. Ignore, move on, play Battlefield.

Please no people saying BF4 is better so I'm not getting ghosts( people who like BF gameplay: get BF4 be content and leave cod alone )

The simple fact is that Call of Duty hasn't done anything new for YEARS. Everyone acts like these new copies are different, but they're just reskins of the same game. Battlefield has had new content. Team Fortress 2 has had new content. Counter Strike has had new content. Call of Duty hasn't.
Edited on 09 November 2013 - 09:27 AM
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:19 PM
Not that I've the slightest interest in the franchise, but I came across this, which I feel to be relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E82ZkHTiVU
nomer888 #7
Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:50 PM
Who will be getting it? Certainly not I.
What do you think of the released footage so far? Absolutely terrible. Sure, they used somewhat good animations, but when an animation "flows" into the next, it looks completely and totally unrealistic, very staged.
What console will you get on it? None.
Engineer #8
Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:26 PM
Not that I've the slightest interest in the franchise, but I came across this, which I feel to be relevant.
— vid
This is just the greatest example that I have ever seen!

I saw some content of the game, and it didnt feel like it had something like an improvement on the graphics side of the game. Graphics are important to me, especially since I have played GTA V.

Amyway, now I have seen some content Im 100% sure Im not getting this!
Edited on 09 November 2013 - 06:26 PM
mrdawgza #9
Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:37 AM
I'm not.
Reason:

CoD - Spawn rape. Close quarters meaning; kill, die, die, kill, kill, die, die, die.
- You have to buy everything. (From BO2 you had to pay for gun camos)
- They lie. (They say you need 8GB RAM, a test by IGN proved it only needs 2GB)
- PC digital download is 66GB. (What are they hiding? Viruses?)
- It's the same thing over again. (I heard something about an Alien gamemode, probably zombies with new textures and sounds)
- Camping
- In core you can put 14/15 bullets into some guys chest and he'll survive.
- Whenever you start BO2 on a new day there's some spam asking for you to buy their packs, or just begging for money.

I'd rather get BF4.
Reason:
- Big maps
- 40 minute games unlike CoDs 6-10 minute matches
- Vehicles.
- Released an open BETA so you can see if you like what you will be paying for.
- Graphics. 'Nuff said.

CoD 4 and MW2 were and are the bests. MW3 multiplayer was a let down.
To be honest, I'll only get it for the campaign, if it were longer.
Otherwise, BF4.