This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Landstryder's profile picture

Super Turtle Programs (farmer, Logger, Tank Builder, Item Sorter)

Started by Landstryder, 05 November 2013 - 08:50 PM
Landstryder #1
Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:50 PM
So I've created some programs that are meant to eventually work together in one package to basicly be a Base in a Box program that will initially build a base for you then operate the mundane day to day functions of it with minimal user input. Currently I have some of the part working independently. Here is a list of my current programs and future projects. Maybe you will find them useful….

Super Farm Bot
Spoiler- Farms up to 6 different crops PLUS punkins and melons
- easily change the crop in a zone by changing the contents of a chest
- works in tandem with Super Tree Logger
- sorts out up to 3 items from crop payload

pastebin- ktYXfxcu -v0.91

Set up by placing a farming turtle at ground level with a chest in front of, to the left and right, and below him. the chest in front will be where the payload is delivered, the one to his right need to have fuel in it, and the one to the left will be where he will sort the crop out that needs to be separated from the rest and the chest below him should contain an example of the items (up to 3) that will be separated from the rest. The field he will farm will be behind him and will be 6 tiles wide and 48 tiles long (it will stay inside the area of a admin anchor if positioned correctly or reprogrammed) the first five 6x6 patches need to each have a chest containing the seeds to be planted in that patch. The punkin and melon vines need to be planted by hand but then he will harvest them every pass, also the patch between the melons will be planted from a sixth chest placed in line with the first 5. You need to have a strip of water down each side (under the chests on the closer side) and that will also keep the punkins from growing anywhere except the target area (you need to put a block at the end of the punkin rows to keep them from spawning outside the target area).

Plans for future versions-
- add a setup feature that will smooth out the land, dig the trenches and place the necessary chests.
- add counting of crops harvested
- add rednet communications to report the C4

Old versions-
v0.9 - cxmcJgEi

Super Tree Logger
Spoiler- Based on civilwargeeky's original program http://www.computerc...le-size-logger/
- Plants up to 3 different tree types in 12 rows and 4 columns
- Sorts extra sap's from payload
- Sap collection pipe feeds right into turtle and he places a chest to collect the saps while he is harvesting
- 3 chest setup (sap overflow, payload, fuel)

pastebin- v1FeFNz5 -v0.91

Place a mining turtle on ground level facing away from where the farm will be. Farm will be behind the bot some way and if positioned right or re-programed will stay inside the area kept loaded by a admin anchor. Slots 1-3 get saplings, put 2 chests in slot 15 (second one just makes sure that nothing else slips in to that slot). Load some fuel in slot 16 or make sure there is some in the fuel chest. The fuel chest will be to the left of the turtle, the payload in front of him, and the sap overflow to his right. Using the -initial argument when you run the program will plant saps for the first time. Sap collection can be done by making 3 wide 8 long water flows between the rows that feed to a long stepped canal down the middle of the tree farm. Saps can be collected with an obsidian pipe and delivered in to the bottom of the turtle.

Plans for future versions-
- add item counting and tracking
- add rednet communications with c4
- add setup feature to lay out the land, and place collection pipe and chests

Old versions-
v0.9 - hpMgeeNG

Tank Builder
Spoiler- Build railcraft tanks in any valid size
- Clears area first if requested
- Asks for materials to be placed in correct slots
- Places 6 valves per tank for universal useability (center of top and bottom and center bottom of each side)

pastebin- dTj1q6d3 -v0.9

Turtle will build the tank in front of and to the right of his starting position. You need to use a mining turtle if the area needs cleared first. When clearing the bot will return twice and spit out what ever it mined out. Don't put the building materials in until after the clearing process in done and the bot asks for them. Once the area is clear or if you chose not to clear first place the wall sections, valves and gauge sections in the bot and let him go to town.

Future plans-
-add fuel checking
-add material calculator to let the use know exactly how many block of each type are needed
-integrate into Super Construction Bot

Item Sorter
Spoilercoming soon

this program will take the contents a chest (ender chest) and sort it out in to separate containers for each item. It's primary function is to deal with incoming resources from quarry bots and to sort out player loot. Initially it will handle 80 different item types and future version may handle up to 160 or even more with some re-configuring. Each item will be contained in it's own chest or deep storage unit if you have that mod. I also plan to add rednet communication with C4 to be able to request items from the system to be delivered to a resupply chest.

Fuel Helper
Spoiler- Keeps a fuel chest stocked for the Super Farm Bot and Super Tree Logger
- moved wood to coke ovens
- moves moves charcoal to deep storage unit
- refuels secondary furnace (-that processes gold power source from force wood)
- sorts crops
- crafts seeds from punkins and melons
- delivers veggies, saplings and seeds to bio-reactor
- sorts out rubber and force nuggets
- sorts out cotton and barley seeds to squeezer for seed oil

pastebin- 0B17yteG -v0.91

This is a bot I made to help with fueling of other turtles and to keep the base powered. This is defiantly the the most efficient or effective way of doing this, you can probably do better with buildcraft pipes or a reliable ME system. The system is not 100% reliable and is prone to getting all messed up if anything gets out of place.

Future Plans-
-switch to using Item Sorters chest to store incoming payloads from SFB and STL which should bring reliability to 100%
-change generator fueling routine to use new base layout
-optimize for minimal mods
-add run modes(to allow for different base layouts)
-add edit mode functions to allow for custom base layouts

Super Construction Bot
Spoilercoming some time…

This will be a bot that will be controlled from a C4 terminal. You will be able to direct it to quarry, strip mine, tunnel, and build many pre-programed buildings or multiblock things. Accomplished by telling the C4 what you want done and entering x,y,z coordinates the CSB will launch, go to the location (with force or by going around stuff) and build your structure.

C4 (ComputerCraft Command Console)
Spoilercoming in the distant future…

This will be the program that ties the rest together with rednet and will be the brain of your base once it is built. It will run on an advanced computer only and will need a wireless modem attached. It will also use multiple monitors to display information about ongoing operations and to provide a graphical user interface for simple functions.

BIB (Base in Box)
Spoilercoming very soon…

This program will be the initial download that when run will gather materials from underground, build a base, build some basic machines for in it. It will require some user interaction from time to time in order to complete it's tasks. Eventually it will ask for help sorting items that will be stored and then once enough of of the required materials are available it will go about building the computer that will run C4 and the other turtles. This program will require a crafty mining turtle to complete all of the tasks solo. Since this turtle would not integrate into the C4 network after the base is done I may opt to make this a 2 part program that will use a wireless mining and a wireless crafty turtle that would then become the Super Construction Bot and Item Sorter for the base.

*ALL BRAGING RIGHTS RESERVED
(that means you can use these programs how every you want, modify them and re-post them if you like so long as you give credit to the original coder)
theempirebuilder #2
Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:56 PM
Eh….. how do I get the code into my turtle ._.

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't look at the right tutorial :P/>
Edited on 07 November 2013 - 08:20 PM
theempirebuilder #3
Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:59 PM
God these programs are awesome!

One reccomendation: You should add some lines in there for when needFuel mode is set to false. Would just help as I'm switching between the modes as I'm too lazy to fuel most of my turtles :P/>
gezepi #4
Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Item Sorter
coming soon

this program will take the contents a chest (ender chest) and sort it out in to separate containers for each item. It's primary function is to deal with incoming resources from quarry bots and to sort out player loot. Initially it will handle 80 different item types and future version may handle up to 160 or even more with some re-configuring. Each item will be contained in it's own chest or deep storage unit if you have that mod. I also plan to add rednet communication with C4 to be able to request items from the system to be delivered to a resupply chest.

I've made a similar system that expands as new items are sorted. I posted to the ComputerCraft subreddit but I don't think that gets much traffic.
Anyways, here's a video that shows how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX42mJu5428

It's not super polished but feel free to use if you would like.
Csstform #5
Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:06 PM
-snip-
I didn't even know there was a subreddit :P/>
Glodore #6
Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:55 AM
logger program doesnt work - keeps asking for more saplings in slot 9+10 when they are full stacks and there are saplings in chest.
Bondjara #7
Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:32 PM
really nice program just used Tank Builder and it worked well :)/>