This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
neptune12100's profile picture

Self-extracting Archive Packer

Started by neptune12100, 10 November 2013 - 01:46 PM
neptune12100 #1
Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:46 PM
This is my first actual useful Lua program.

It takes a list of files and produces a self-extracting archive (a kind of installer).

I'm working on converting it for CC
Got it so it *should* work (but I can't test it yet)

Usage is in the program itself (just run it w/o arguments).
NOTE: File names are relative, done with shell.resolve()

Download (v0.3): CtjdhZR6
Download (v0.2 NOT FOR CC): db03MQjR
Edited on 14 November 2013 - 10:16 AM
Agoldfish #2
Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 PM
First thing first, this shouldn't be in a CC forum when it doesn't work in ComputerCraft. I think people on a Lua forum would like it more, not saying I don't like it, or other people for that matter. But, in a programs for ComputerCraft, why have it posted when it is incompatible with CC?
That being said, why do you have over 1000 lines of code of just copyright information?
Also, you should consider posting specific problems you have converting this to ComputerCraft here.
And this page might help.
The wiki article on the fs api.
neptune12100 #3
Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:10 AM
The 1000 lines of copyright info is just in the installer/sample archive. I needed a text file to throw in there. Plus it's my favorite license.
The bottom link is just the program. And I did post in ask a pro (here)
TheGamerOfAction #4
Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:15 AM
BTW Nobody can provide much help if your program contains ~1000 lines of 'copyright' notice. There isn't even a need for you to licence your work, it doesn't stop me from republishing your code, does it? (Don't worry, I won't)

EDIT: Never mind, you posted just before me.
Edited on 12 November 2013 - 10:16 AM
Zudo #5
Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:49 PM
First thing first, this shouldn't be in a CC forum when it doesn't work in ComputerCraft. I think people on a Lua forum would like it more, not saying I don't like it, or other people for that matter. But, in a programs for ComputerCraft, why have it posted when it is incompatible with CC?
That being said, why do you have over 1000 lines of code of just copyright information?
Also, you should consider posting specific problems you have converting this to ComputerCraft here.

http://comicsanscriminal.com/
TheOddByte #6
Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://comicsanscriminal.com/
Lol x)
Btw.. How is it going converting this to CC for you? ( To OP, Not you Zudo :P/> )
Edited on 13 November 2013 - 12:15 PM
neptune12100 #7
Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:10 AM
Got it converted with Lyqyd's help. Can't test it atm though.