This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
fredthead's profile picture

Multi Monitor Animation System - Video

Started by fredthead, 17 November 2013 - 01:09 PM
fredthead #1
Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:09 PM
Pimp your base.
Here is a device that allows you to create animations frame by frame and then wirelessly display them over 2 8x5 advanced monitors

Pastebin is in the vid description

[media]http://youtu.be/rKIWZT2qrWw[/media]
redeye83 #2
Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:48 PM
That is sooooo cool!
All this needs now is a way to have more than 1 colour on the screen at once.
fredthead #3
Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:26 AM
That wouldnt be too hard to do because it just sends a string of 1 and 0s to describe the output. It could send letters which would represent the different colours.
It would mean more work on the interface which is a pain because there is not much space left!
basdxz #4
Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:02 PM
Very cool program! I will be using this a lot! But I have a few things that I think it is missing. Is it possible to make it support a better resolution? Could you somehow be able to add a line of subtitles on the bottom line? Is it possible to make the monitors connect to the controller using peripheral cables to save the use of 2 computers? Make it be able to detect redstone signals for control (Frame per pulse and multiplies if constant?). Otherwise this might be a really useful program for making and watching videos.
ShadowWarrior979 #5
Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:32 PM
Wow this is amazing, but like basdxz said, is it possible to add text on the bottom? or would you have to have a 3rd computer?
fredthead #6
Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:23 PM
hi,
Whilst it would be fairly easy to display in a higher res it would mean the gui would need a lot of work.
It would be possible to add subtitles but because it is low res it would only be able to show 20ish chars at a time
It currently sends the 0 and 1s to control each individual pixel in a rednet message each frame. You could add the subtitle onto the message
I have never used the cables as I'm using FTB but I think they would be an improvement over the rednet system.
At the moment it has to put all the data into a string, send it via rednet, decode the string at the other end and then display. I guess the cables would remove some of those steps.
dextert88 #7
Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:14 PM
My word that is bloody incredible! Im trying to think of stuff to add but its all been prettey much said! As redeye said though multi-colours would be amazing or subtitles?