This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ardera's profile picture

Old Ccemu Launcher

Started by ardera, 18 November 2013 - 11:33 AM
ardera #1
Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:33 PM
Has anyone got the CCEmu jar?

I tried to use CCDesk (7.0) but the mouse won't work.
TheOddByte #2
Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:01 PM
Here you go uploaded it to mediafire for you
ardera #3
Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

EDIT: Can you upload the .ccemu directory, too? Windows 8 deleted all my User Data (including source code)…
Edited on 18 November 2013 - 12:30 PM
TheOddByte #4
Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:47 PM
Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?z7vgihw6c582rmd
Xtansia #5
Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:59 PM
Probably would have been easier to just message me (the ccemu dev) as I've already been asked for a copy of the launcher before.
But either way in the case someone else finds this thread looking for the same thing or whatever,
Here's a link to patched launcher that will download the required files from my dropbox
//EDIT: Uggh not working for whatever reason :S
Edited on 19 November 2013 - 05:38 PM
GravityScore #6
Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:02 AM
Ahh.. If dan would only pay attention to my PMs, you might be able to use my CCEmu! :P/>
TheOddByte #7
Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM
Ahh.. If dan would only pay attention to my PMs, you might be able to use my CCEmu! :P/>
Is it that one you and 1lann thought of creating? ( Or was it just you? )
That it seems you've created now or what?
Edited on 19 November 2013 - 09:01 AM
ardera #8
Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:20 AM
EDIT: Sorry, double post
Edited on 21 November 2013 - 12:06 PM
ardera #9
Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:24 AM
Thank you :)/>

Probably would have been easier to just message me (the ccemu dev) as I've already been asked for a copy of the launcher before.
But either way in the case someone else finds this thread looking for the same thing or whatever,
Here's a link to patched launcher that will download the required files from my dropbox
cc-emu-launcher.jar
If I use you're launcher (it seems it's a problem of the jars, not of the launcher), it will give me an error "mounting cc blablabla rom". Anyway, it works with hellkids files…
Xtansia #10
Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:33 PM
It was working, now it's not :S
Edited on 19 November 2013 - 05:37 PM
GravityScore #11
Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:11 AM
Is it that one you and 1lann thought of creating? ( Or was it just you? )
That it seems you've created now or what?

Just me, and it's finished (mac only currently - no motivation to port it to Windows/Linux, which is easily possible).
Edited on 20 November 2013 - 07:11 AM
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #12
Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:18 PM
Just me, and it's finished (mac only currently - no motivation to port it to Windows/Linux, which is easily possible).

Well… you could just release the soource code so others can port it.
GravityScore #13
Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:58 AM
Well… you could just release the source code so others can port it.

The lack of motivation was because I'm not allowed to release it due to it requiring a computercraft.jar, which I need dan200's permission to distribute, and since he hasn't answered my PMs about asking for that permission, I can't release it. The source minus the .jar file I probably could release considering it uses none of his code, just imports it.
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #14
Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:09 PM
Well… you could just release the source code so others can port it.

The lack of motivation was because I'm not allowed to release it due to it requiring a computercraft.jar, which I need dan200's permission to distribute, and since he hasn't answered my PMs about asking for that permission, I can't release it. The source minus the .jar file I probably could release considering it uses none of his code, just imports it.
Yeah, also people could probably download the computercraft.jar seperetaly from the launcher until he answers.
distantcam #15
Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Could you look for the ComputerCraft jar in a mod folder say and just load that?

Unleash the codez! :D/>
GravityScore #16
Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:34 AM
Loading it from a pre installed location is a much better idea :P/>

I can't find a license that CC provides (if I'm just being blind here, it would be great if someone could link it), so I think "All Rights Reserved" is applied under law. This means I can't use any of dan's code (which I don't), nor distribute it - but can I link against it (via an import statement in Java)? I'll assume I can do that (don't see why not) until told otherwise. Would be useful if someone could find the answer to this - I haven't from a few minutes of quick Googling.

BTW for anyone interested, the emulator is written in C++ using the QT framework. I planned when I started writing this to have the code freely available on GitHub, so I shall do that. It's currently broken (I think) so I'll have to fix it up.
Edited on 22 November 2013 - 09:35 AM
Left4Cake #17
Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:34 AM
M4sh3dP0t4t03 said:
Yeah, also people could probably download the computercraft.jar seperetaly from the launcher until he answers.

That's similar how PokeMMO doged copyright infringement.