This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DannySMc's profile picture

Uprograms

Started by DannySMc, 22 November 2013 - 08:00 AM
DannySMc #1
Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:00 AM
So I have been trying to create a simple set of programs allowing for users to actually easily install/use the program without any programming knowledge! I created most of these programs for my girlfriend as I use computercraft and she doesn't really get it. I have created a program retriever and will install the program under the program names. I have created 5 files, 3 programs, 1 api and a file retriever. The 'u' in the uPrograms has no meaning it is just a name for it as I couldn't think of anything good, I am open to suggestions for a new name for the program set. If you find any bugs then just email me at: danny.smc95@gmail.com thanks ^.^

To get the uRetrieve program use the following code on the computers startup command line (no quotes):
"pastebin get rTDR0tjx uretrieve"

NOTE: ALL PROGRAMS ARE BUILT IN COMPUTERCRAFT 1.53 FOR MINECRAFT 1.5.2!!!

File List:

uAPI ->This is just a set of functions that I have found online and have created myself, I found a lot of functions from darkrising who I give credit for as an amazing programmer. There is simple draw functions, config functions, pastebin downloader, and even simple types of encryption. This is free to use by anyone and I have absolutely no restrictions, it would be nice for someone to use my programs/api.

uOS ->Now out!! After 4 days I have finished the damn thing, this is beta version 1.0! Have a play and test it for me. It's simple and will need an internet connection to download all files and updates! Use uRetrieve to get it!

uRetrieve -> This is my file downloading program, I used this because all my versions of my programs (once usable) are uploaded to github straightaway, so It is better to leave programs up there. I do change versions but I do not use an auto-uploading program because I normally re-write the whole program, and there are a lot of changes.

uLock -> This program is one of the first programs I created! I got to a point were I hated always having to create a program there and then or try and download someone else's (the best one I ever did download was darkrising's dark server). This program is all automated and does stop CTRL+T. The program downloads uAPI automatically and then runs the installer if the config file isn't already there. All you have to do is follow the installer file and voila. Please note that you can't change the config once the install is done, although you can delete the config file in the %appdata%. The program (when started) will automatically check for a config, if it doesn't exist it will run the installer.

uShare -> This is just a simple file sharing program using rednet. This means if you have the uShare program on both computers (download using the uRetrieve), then you can run both of them and they will allow you to send/receive the program data. There is no encryption used as it messes with the data in the file, and normally won't unencrypt it after. I will find a fix for this. At the moment it will ask you for the file you want to send and the computer's ID and will then ask you to run it on the other computer (please remember you have to set the computer in receive mode and follow instructions), the receiving computer will allow you to rename it and save it. Rednet is super face and will send a lot of data at once but I have "heard" there is some kind of limit??? I have not seen this but I have tested it with just over 400 lines of code.

uNotepad -> I have made this mainly as my girlfriend can not use the computers for toffee, so I made a program she can use to add notes and stuff. The actual program is limited for saving wise, it can hold up to 10 lines of 51 characters before it won't display on the computer screen, It will make you press enter when adding lines, it only goes up to 10 lines!!! I have done this because I am not sure how to add scrolling text and/or add infinite lines….I'm sorry :'(. It allows you to create a note file, delete a note file, and read a note file. They are stored in a folder called: /uNote/ please also note that you can have about 12 files before it doesn't display on the menu screen.

uChat ->This is my most recent program and new extension to the uPrograms set. This allows you to chat over long distances depending on if you have a high range set on your CC config. This allows instant messenging over minecraft.
Edited on 01 January 2014 - 09:26 PM
DannySMc #2
Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:03 AM
If you have any ideas for me to make or any programs you think will help you then ask me and I shall give it a shot! My temporary website for now (as other one is being updated) is at: http://summotion.netai.net
Agoldfish #3
Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:14 AM
If you have any ideas for me to make or any programs you think will help you then ask me and I shall give it a shot! My temporary website for now (as other one is being updated) is at: http://summotion.netai.net
Can't visit link, antivirus blocked it. Anyway, you should have a uFarm. Or even if you feel adventurous, a uMine with a turtle.
DannySMc #4
Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:12 PM
Can't visit link, antivirus blocked it. Anyway, you should have a uFarm. Or even if you feel adventurous, a uMine with a turtle.

I like that idea haha, hmmm if you are any good at coding? you can help me as it was your idea? or you can create a farm setup and I shall code for that setup??