This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CherryPie's profile picture

[1.57] Scandinavian Letters

Started by CherryPie, 22 November 2013 - 02:35 PM
CherryPie #1
Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:35 PM
When i use Scandinavian Letters Æ Ø Å ( https://www.dropbox....ian_Letters.png :mellow:/> ) question marks appears. In the old version in computer craft it worked but functioned strange :mellow:/>

PS Sorry for my bad English

:)/>
Edited on 06 December 2013 - 03:41 PM
Cranium #2
Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:00 AM
At the time of this post, that is the intended function. Unfortunately, it is not possible to display non romanized letters within computercraft. This is a limitation of Minecraft, and not Computercraft, but it has been expressed that the support of those letters is planned, as soon as it's possible.
Girafi #3
Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:34 PM
It works for me sometimes. Or it works if you are putting it up un a Monitor, then it shows corectly.
Zaflis #4
Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:56 PM
Minecraft 1.6.4 i use at least can display scandinavic characters in chat. TurtleOS can also show those characters, but it gets a little bit in trouble with them, because it might be treated as UTF internally. This makes each special character cover 2 characters in a string. When you backspace half of the character off, it becomes messy.
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:16 PM
This makes each special character cover 2 characters in a string.
Its the way characters are counted, they're counted by bytes, "special characters" as you put them, use more than one byte to be able to represent them — they use 2 bytes — this is why they're counted as 2 characters.