This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Landstryder's profile picture

Super Gate Dialer (SGcraft, MFR)

Started by Landstryder, 02 December 2013 - 09:29 PM
Landstryder #1
Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:29 PM
SGcraft, MineFactory Reloaded and Openperipheral REQUIRED

This is my auto gate dialing program for Greg's SGcraft Stargates that uses rednet cable from MineFactory Reloaded to give you one button dialing for up to 15 gates (could be expanded with a little code and second cable attached to different side of the terminal).

To address a problem we was having on our server where any time we came back through a gate that was not near a chunk loader of some sort, that gate would then unload in the connected state and then become permanently locked out until someone was able to travel there and load that chunk again. So with version 0.92 I've added "LockGuard" to the Super Dialer

to install the auto dialer, connect a terminal to a monitor, and to the stargate you want to control.
optional- place a world loader (Railcraft) under the terminal to activate LockGuard feature (this will prevent the gate from becoming unreachable by keeping the chunk loaded till the gate closes then shuts off the loader)
connect a rednet cable to one of the open sides of the terminal and run that out to where you want your dial buttons, place buttons on the cable and set the colors.
download the program >pastebin get mKXCvZnX dial
then edit the file to have the correct sides or network address for your monitor, stargate, and rednet cable.
Now edit list of gate addresses and names to reflect your information.
optional- copy the dial program to the file startup(to make the terminal dedicated) and make a copy on a disk to use to set up other gates if you wish.

Here is a screenshot of a modified pyramid gate room.

I'd like to improve the program eventually to include easy address adding from the console, failure handling and reporting and quick disconnect button.

Other uses-
make a quick retreat from hostile environments like the nether by combining with pressure plates and piston doors or drawbridges and possibly a rednet controller to seal you in the gate room and start the dialing process while you fight off the horde of angry pigmen.. CHEVRON 6 ENCODED!……

I'd love to see this implemented in a full recreation of SG-1

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Change Log-
V0.92
-fixed the chevron locked formating
-fixed a bug that would crash the program if the connection attempt failed
-failed connections will show their error message on the console
-added world anchor support to prevent gate lockout caused by chunk unloading while gate active

v0.91
-dropped to 15 addresses and made black channel a disconnect button
-added support for color monitor
-added chevron calling
-added support for address names
-fixed a bug with monitor connected by network cable causing program crash when server restarts (I hope, if not a simple reboot of the terminal will fix)

v0.9
-first release

Old versions-
v0.91 RDHb3jC4
v0.9 4PUWQLSY

Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
Edited on 09 December 2013 - 04:09 AM
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:50 AM
Why not use ComputerCraft's network cables with a wireless modem. Then the only required mod would be OpenPeripheral.
Landstryder #3
Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:00 AM
how do you attach buttons to network cables?
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:14 AM
how do you attach buttons to network cables?
Oooh, you mean that kind of button, I thought you meant button on the computer screen.
Landstryder #5
Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:41 PM
Posted new version, added support for color monitors and destination names
Landstryder #6
Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:17 AM
Updated again
-LockGuard added
-bug fix
-slight interface improvements
Looking for suggestions on how to make the addresses easy to add and change from the console.
If there is interest I might look into making a separate program to auto find all the valid addresses on the server and then build a file with those values that could then be loaded to each console from a disk
Dex_Luther #7
Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:50 PM
This looks really neat. A suggestion you might be interested in experimenting with is instead of using buttons, turn the screen into a button by using touch screen functionality. kind of like what Direworlf20 did with that Mystcraft portal they dubbed "the stargate". It would be an actual stargate though lol. It might make the program more expandable since you don't have to worry about physical buttons and colors.

I'll be following this thread. Keep up the good work and thanks!
Edited on 09 December 2013 - 01:52 PM