This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Csstform's profile picture

3D Printer

Started by Csstform, 04 December 2013 - 09:44 AM
Csstform #1
Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 AM
How about a three-dimensional printer? The recipie would have to be expensive, or it would be OP, but I would prefer this to IC2. Perhaps for ink it could use diamon dust mixed with squid or something.(I'm a buildcraft fan)

DDD
DRD
DDD

D=diamond
R=redstone block
Zudo #2
Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:54 AM
And what exactly would this do?
gollark8 #3
Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:58 AM
You can use turtles to do this already.
wilcomega #4
Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:05 PM
would be cool if you could print microblock structures! would be very hard :(/>
Csstform #5
Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:02 PM
And what exactly would this do?
Basically act as the EE2 Transmutator, but using an 'ink' of sorts. I was also thinking it could be called by a computer (of course) and be told, "hey! Make me 2 spruce logs!" And as long as it has a schematic of sorts and enough ink, it would print it.

You can use turtles to do this already.
Sorry, should have clarified. Not print a picture, but copy blocks as a peripheral.
Cranium #6
Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:34 PM
You can already do this with turtles. In fact, there are already numerous 3D printing programs available.

And copying blocks wouldn't happen. SInce there's no ID detection, there'd be no way to copy over. Perhaps as you said, a peripheral, but certainly not in the main mod.
Edited on 04 December 2013 - 04:35 PM
Csstform #7
Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:38 PM
I'd better brush up on my java then! :)/>
Imque #8
Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:47 AM
I am pretty nitrofingers did this as a test program-ish. I think if you go over some old threads you will find it… I suppose a lot of the code could be re-written now but it still worked pretty well!
CastleMan2000 #9
Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:55 PM
I am pretty nitrofingers did this as a test program-ish. I think if you go over some old threads you will find it… I suppose a lot of the code could be re-written now but it still worked pretty well!

Yeah. NitrogenFingers did this, and while not perfect, I was successfully able to design a railroad track and print it, and almost completely print a half-adder in redstone.