This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MrPotatoGaming's profile picture

[1.58][SMP/SSP] Item Deletion upon turtle.suck()

Started by MrPotatoGaming, 21 December 2013 - 02:27 PM
MrPotatoGaming #1
Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:27 PM
ComputerCraft Version Information: CC Version 1.58, Forge Version 953

Description of Bug: I have only tested this with fuel and logs, not certain about other items. I created a turtle to function as a hopper, by sucking fuel from a chest, and putting it in a furnace infront of it. However, when the turtle would suck fuel out of the bottom chest, and the fuel would have no valid place to put it (not even it's own inventory) the fuel was simply deleted from the world.

Steps to Reproduce Bug:
1. Place a furnace, with a turtle aimed at it's fuel-in slot (or a hopper isntead of furnace.)
2. Edit a program to have:

while true do
turtle.suckDown()
turtle.drop()
sleep(1) //Useless value, simply in by force of habit.
end

3. Place a storage container below the turtle.
4. Fill the turtle's inventory, storage, and furnace with fuel.
5. Run program
6. Watch furnace magically empty of all fuels.

**Additional Notes**
I discovered this bug when I was playing in my personal mod pack, when trying to make a walk-around for a long-standing bug in a different mod, that the author refuses to remove. So, I created a new instance with just forge and CC in it, to make sure that the bug wasn't a conflict issue due to CC addons. I find that the bug doesn't happen if either the turtle or furnace is missing even a single fuel, but otherwise is reproducible 100%.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:14 PM
Is it similar to this bug, i.e. does breaking the turtle return the missing items?
MrPotatoGaming #3
Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:45 AM
Breaking the turtle does not return the resources, nor does breaking the furnace and chest.