This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Rybec's profile picture

Control bundled cable via wired network

Started by Rybec, 26 December 2013 - 03:54 PM
Rybec #1
Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:54 PM
At present, it is possible to do this:

Note: This screenshot is from 1.5.2, but I've just verified this is still possible with the latest version of both mods under minecraft 1.6.4. The peripheral name has changed to factoryredstonecable_ID.

However, "rednet_cable_4" is not a valid side for use with redstone.getBundledInput() or setBundledOutput(), and the cable itself has no methods other than listMethods()

It would be nice if one of two things would happen:
A-Don't allow me to stick wired modems on my bundled cables
B-Make this work the way one would expect; as though it were connected directly to the computer, same as any other wired peripheral.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:00 PM
This has nothing to do with ComputerCraft and is entirely related to OpenPeripheral. Try this again without OpenPeripheral. I don't think the modem can even be used with non-solid blocks without OpenP's meddlesome ways.
awsmazinggenius #3
Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:32 AM
Yeah. You can use a Peripheral Proxy to connect wireless modems to a wired network, turtles to a wired network, and other blocks.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:53 PM
This has nothing to do with ComputerCraft and is entirely related to OpenPeripheral. Try this again without OpenPeripheral. I don't think the modem can even be used with non-solid blocks without OpenP's meddlesome ways.
OpenPeripheral would be making it a peripheral, but OpenPeripheral doesn't change anything to do with what a modem can stick to, hence the Peripheral Proxy. The RedNet cable would be registered as a full block, meaning that ComputerCraft would be allowing the modem to be placed on it.
Lyqyd #5
Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:19 PM
Oh, I thought it did for some reason. Weird that they'd have registered it as a full block though.