This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
joaopada's profile picture

Latest Version[SSP]This happens when selecting a world

Started by joaopada, 09 May 2012 - 03:24 PM
joaopada #1
Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:24 PM
ComputerCraft Version Information: 1.3 Client

Description of Bug:

Once I select the world i wanna play in, the game crashes, and after a few seconds, the screen gets black. I need to Force Quit minecraft. I'm running minecraft 1.2.5 on an Imac with OSX Lion. I think I have installed modloader and forge correctly, because I can play minecraft WITHOUT the ComputerCraft folder in the mods folder. BTW, if you have a tut to install on mac, please tell me.

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1.Open Minecraft with everything installed.
2. Select your world
3.The game will crash

PS: I'm using a cracked version of minecraft because i don't wanna mess up with the minecraft that I bought…
Cloudy #2
Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:42 PM
Can you provide us with a crash log? Look here for details on how to do this:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crash#Mac_OSX

Also, don't use a cracked Minecraft purely because you don't want to mess up the one you bought. Worst case scenario if you do mess something up, you can just delete the bin folder, and Minecraft will redownload it.
Luanub #3
Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:32 PM
The cracked version is probably your problem. If you mess up your purchased version, at the login screen simply got options and select force update. This will download a new minecraft.jar file which will undo anything that you did.
Teraminer #4
Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:37 PM
Try launsing the game with MC PACHER to get the error log… Or MultyMC
D3matt #5
Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 PM
If you can't understand that you can have multiple minecraft installations and that it's impossible to "mess up the one you bought" perhaps computercraft isn't right for you?
Luanub #6
Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:10 AM
If you can't understand that you can have multiple minecraft installations and that it's impossible to "mess up the one you bought" perhaps computercraft isn't right for you?

How is it impossible to mess up the one you bought? All you have to do is screw up the minecraft.jar file while trying to add a mod or something and bam its messed up…. Granted its not permanently messed up and you can fix it, but you do screw up the default minecraft.jar file which is what you bought. That's why we listed how to fix it when you do that.
Teraminer #7
Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:57 PM
EVEN if you delete or screw the .jar up or even the whole .minecraft root the laucher will re-download it.
D3matt #8
Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:07 AM
You don't buy the .jar, you buy permission to play the game. Therefore it's impossible to mess up the one you bought, because there is no one jar that you bought.
PixelToast #9
Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:38 AM
looks like someone hasnt read everything you agreed to when you download minecraft
DarkNinja2462 #10
Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:33 AM
The only way you can mess up the one you bough is to HACK MINECRAFT.NET
And make your account corrupted manually
P.S. i don't use macs.
WINDOWS FTW
joaopada #11
Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:55 PM
Thanks for your help guys, i didn't remebered that i could re-download the jar. *facepalm*

Still, when re-installing stuff, and computercraft like 15 times, somwhow, it worked. So, if someone that is reading this, try to re-install all the files.

And I use minecraft cracked to install all the mods i want. My boughted minecraft, is clean :P/>/>