This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
tommyroyall's profile picture

Servers and Cyber-Crime.

Started by tommyroyall, 10 May 2012 - 01:03 AM
tommyroyall #1
Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:03 AM
Hey guys. Sledger721 back.
And I was thinking about, well, what would happen if, say ComputerCraft was installed on a server in a small city, and there were 5 people living within like, a 40 block area. You would be able to set up an anonymous spam-bot (I already made one, and a cheap hacking platform and OS). Would it be worth it to make a type of, cyber-police software to track and try to halt crime?
And also, has anybody made a prettier piece of server software? Mine works but looks like crap.
Now, a list of Cyber-Crimes:
  1. Spam.
  2. Spread of Virus.
  3. Creation of Mal-Ware.
  4. Destroying Others Work.
  5. Copying Others Work.
  6. Fraud.
  7. Turtle Grief.
  8. Threats.
  9. Use of Technology for Illegal Reasons.
  10. Cyber Terrorism.
Hey guys, any others you can think of?
PixelToast #2
Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:36 AM
i like making a turtle program that makes a tunnel under the victims house and sends abunch of spam rednet messages with malicious code that will probably slow down and even infect insecure servers
oh and i like leaving holes in my programs code that allow me to run parallel commands in the background and watch as a simple virus will infect every single computer that runs it
lol im an evil coder
oh and about "secure servers" the only way to be truly secure is to only use specific computer ids assuming it is password protected and will not run a startup file from a disk drive, and for password protected servers i can just use brute force
ComputerCraftFan11 #3
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:06 AM
I like to confuse the server with my programming and make it kill itself :)/>/>
BigSHinyToys #4
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:17 AM
Nothing is safe in computer craft. But with Radar tracking of radio broadcasts it is possible to find the source and destroy it.

I think hacking CC is a joke basically it is so simple.
PixelToast #5
Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:26 AM
Nothing is safe in computer craft. But with Radar tracking of radio broadcasts it is possible to find the source and destroy it.

nope, it takes skill to penetrate your enimies defences and for the tracking? i use turtles :)/>/>
ComputerCraftFan11 #6
Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Put down hundreds of broadcasters = Turtle explodes :)/>/> (I actually tried that and the turtle went crazy)

And if you do that, make sure the turtle doesn't create a giant pathway cutting through houses to get 1 PC
BigSHinyToys #7
Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:40 AM
turtle goes up hight moves left or right till close then descends through the earth and places a TNT when withing 2 M of target (tested ans working but will never be released.) also it takes no skill to use a floppy with a startup or Ctrl + T a terminal. and TNT can handle any problematic doors / walls that you are trying to open.

as for programs making an antenna array that uses spherical trigonometry to determine a signals locations is about as hard as it gets. and it is simple to reverse engineer the GPS locate function.

in the end it is all just simple and a joke
libraryaddict #8
Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:58 AM
I have to say. I wish it wasn't a joke.
As in I could rewrite the OS for my computer so the default OS doesn't run at all.

Make my OS in default OS then stop running default OS completely and run your own.
While default OS is still there..

That seems to be the next step for CC.
As it is, It isn't allowing complete freedom.
Mendax #9
Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:12 PM
Hm, I spam the server with a message like 'HelpI'mStuckInTheDesert' and eventually the server will die. Sometimes I send out a fake location to get other people I don't like banned for spam (Banned for SPAM!). IRCs are really fun, spamming them is a piece of cake. It's pretty hilarious really. Or, I track down other PCs and use my AIs to… eliminate… them.
ComputerCraftFan11 #10
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:43 PM
I created a spam/destroy bot factoryt. It goes like this:

A
B |D
   |
   |
  v
A is a turtle that places turtles
B is a pc that turns on the turtles
D is a disk drive with a rednet spammer.

After a turtle is made, it moves forward and creates more turtles
>:)/>/>
tommyroyall #11
Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:14 PM
Well, the hardest part about hacking/mal-ware in MC, is the challenge at the end, of which makes it so fun. Sending turtles through the bitch(es) house and pwning them. Like trolling+PvP.
PixelToast #12
Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:04 PM
turtle goes up hight moves left or right till close then descends through the earth and places a TNT when withing 2 M of target (tested ans working but will never be released.) also it takes no skill to use a floppy with a startup or Ctrl + T a terminal. and TNT can handle any problematic doors / walls that you are trying to open.

as for programs making an antenna array that uses spherical trigonometry to determine a signals locations is about as hard as it gets. and it is simple to reverse engineer the GPS locate function.

in the end it is all just simple and a joke
who said it spread thorugh floppys? who said it even used the startup file? no this one is much much more evil, creates a fake edit program injecting itself into every single program that is written on it, modifies your ftp program to send malicious code through the network, brute force attacking servers, reprogramming your turtles to dig up untill its at the highest block height, this is the end of the computercraft world as you know it

I created a spam/destroy bot factoryt. It goes like this:

A
B |D
   |
   |
  v
A is a turtle that places turtles
B is a pc that turns on the turtles
D is a disk drive with a rednet spammer.

After a turtle is made, it moves forward and creates more turtles
> :)/>/>
my kind of hacking

Well, the hardest part about hacking/mal-ware in MC, is the challenge at the end, of which makes it so fun. Sending turtles through the bitch(es) house and pwning them. Like trolling+PvP.
even better, a turtle that will set a tnt trap in the victims house