This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Csstform's profile picture

Zombie Survival RPG

Started by Csstform, 06 January 2014 - 10:02 AM
Csstform #1
Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:02 AM
I'm making a zombie survival RPG for me and a few of my friends. I need ideas for things you would find while searching abandoned buildings. Please help!

This is IRL - not CC - yet ;)/>
Edited on 06 January 2014 - 10:49 AM
TheOddByte #2
Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:52 PM
Uhmm basic things like this?

Bandages
Knifes/Melee weapons
Ranged weapons
Ammo
Csstform #3
Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:16 PM
Uhmm basic things like this?

Bandages
Knifes/Melee weapons
Ranged weapons
Ammo
Yeah, I assumed those, but I wanted more specifics. Like names, brands, anything that would fit. Like a Bowie knife? Also, I've never played Zomboid or Fallout or anything, so I wasn't sure if there should be anything besides that stuff.
6677 #4
Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:15 PM
Can't use realworld brands, they are trademarked. Means you get to pull a rockstar and make up ridiculous brand names like Sprunk (soft drink in GTA universe).
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #5
Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:02 PM
Can't use realworld brands, they are trademarked. Means you get to pull a rockstar and make up ridiculous brand names like Sprunk (soft drink in GTA universe).
Actually you can use real world weapon names. Lots of games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, COD and lots of other games(even including GTA) use real world weapons. I'm not sure why this is, but I think that you actually are allowed to use trademarked names in video games, but not copyrighted symbols or pictures(if I'm wrong about this, please correct me).
6677 #6
Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:08 PM
Actually you can use real world weapon names. Lots of games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, COD and lots of other games(even including GTA) use real world weapons. I'm not sure why this is, but I think that you actually are allowed to use trademarked names in video games, but not copyrighted symbols or pictures(if I'm wrong about this, please correct me).
You will notice that many games do not use real weapon names, or have trademark license agreements in the manual or as part of the end user license agreement.

Several weapons have expired trademarks so they get away with those or dont have trademarks in the first place, but otherwise they have to pay to license those trademarks. Colt 1911, AR15, M4, M16 and the various AK platform weapons trademarks have expired.
Csstform #7
Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:31 PM
One reason I called you guys in.
Drendrar #8
Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:59 PM
I'm making a zombie survival RPG for me and a few of my friends. I need ideas for things you would find while searching abandoned buildings. Please help!

This is IRL - not CC - yet ;)/>

Something like DayZ with a story then?
Csstform #9
Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:09 PM
More of a combo of this:
http://www.projectzomboid.com/
And this:
http://www.zafehouse.com/
Alice #10
Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:32 PM
This should probably have zombies in it.
Csstform #11
Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:00 PM
This should probably have zombies in it.
………………
Alice #12
Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:02 PM
No allowing sarcasm? :P/>
Csstform #13
Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:03 PM
Not from a guy who just threw me into a masterball.
Alice #14
Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:03 PM
Uh, I didn't throw you in a masterball.
I threw a masterball that sucked you in.