This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
applesauce10189's profile picture

The Junk Collection

Started by applesauce10189, 09 January 2014 - 11:27 PM
applesauce10189 #1
Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:27 AM
I know it's titled "The Junk Collection" but I don't consider this to be actual junk,

I plan to make a lot of programs. A lot. Literally next time you try to find a parking lot to park in you're going to see a bunch of hard drives and such storing my programs taking up all the parking space. Well maybe not that many. But as I was saying. I plan to make a lot of programs. Mostly turtle programs. Some utility/API programs. Maybe an OS if I can wrap my head around how to even get started with one. But for now I'm just going to slowly update this with programs. I want to make a lot of programs but I'm not going to be like some terrible game company that rushes out games just for the money. I will spend time on my programs, test them, iron out bugs and make sure each individual program is good and ready.

The reason I'm posting this in the turtle program section is because of what I said earlier. "I plan to make a lot of programs. Mostly turtle programs." but I might sooner or later make a utility/API program or even an OS so if that's a problem please tell me so I can remake this post somewhere more okay for it.

Turtle programs.
SpoilerMining Program http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/16321-mining-turtle-program/

Utility/API
SpoilerNone at the moment. Please check back another time.

OperatingSystem (OS)
SpoilerAppleOS Currently just an idea for if I make one. Not actually made or even in progress.
[
robhol #2
Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:06 AM
The vast collection consisting of one program? :P/>

Anyway, do not by any means feel "obliged" or like you "have to" make another OS. For one thing - you can't… for another - they're mostly crap. This place is overflowing with them, and very few of them do anything, let alone anything actually useful…
Edited on 10 January 2014 - 10:10 AM
applesauce10189 #3
Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:19 PM
I plan for the OS to be personally for me but opened to public, and this post is brand new so it doesn't have any programs yet except for the one I made before making this post. I plan on making an API soon. In a few months or so this will have more programs but in the mean time I have only one program open to public. If you want I can add more programs, except they're all just programs for advanced computers and monitors for me to play/test around with so I don't think people would make use of that.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:48 PM
You've already got a topic for your mining program, you don't need this one. OSs belong in the OS section, not here.

Locked.