This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Symmetryc's profile picture

RedPuzzle - Symmetryc, TOBIT, Grim, Mudkip, Anavrins

Started by Symmetryc, 25 January 2014 - 09:09 PM
Symmetryc #1
Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:09 PM
RedPuzzle is an upcoming game. Here is a preview:

SpoilerIt is a puzzle game where you have to use virtual redstone to solve puzzles by powering stuff, using certain timings, etc.

Obviously it will all be 2d, and be more complex than MC's redstone with different colored wires, etc.

Here is a preview pic:

There will be tools, wire colors, background wire colors, converters, logic gates, etc.
Edited on 16 June 2014 - 04:38 AM
awsmazinggenius #2
Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:58 PM
Testing or coding? If you want me to test it, do send me a PM and I'll be happy to play around with it and maybe enhance your code if something is weird or unclear.
Symmetryc #3
Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:06 PM
Testing or coding? If you want me to test it, do send me a PM and I'll be happy to play around with it and maybe enhance your code if something is weird or unclear.
Sorry, just programming for now.
H4X0RZ #4
Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:36 AM
May I? May I? May I? :D/>

Okay…
The only real 'thing' (s) I did was/were D-Burn. (Does it count that I wa in the CCnauts team? :D/>
Engineer #5
Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:37 AM
I'm a bit confused. Is the code on github for Lua 5.1? Because I saw this: http://puu.sh/6yDHJ

What are those -> doing?
Btw, I'm not really interested in joining, but I was just wondering :P/>
oeed #6
Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:12 AM
Looks interesting, do you have a Pastebin preview or something. I'm a little unclear about the game.
Symmetryc #7
Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:14 AM
I'm a bit confused. Is the code on github for Lua 5.1? Because I saw this: http://puu.sh/6yDHJ

What are those -> doing?
Btw, I'm not really interested in joining, but I was just wondering :P/>
Yes it is in Lua 5.1, that was just an outline of puzzle.lua.
Looks interesting, do you have a Pastebin preview or something. I'm a little unclear about the game.
Not at the moment, what are you not clear on?
Edited on 26 January 2014 - 07:18 AM
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:28 AM
Does it count that I was in the CCNauts team? :D/>
CCNauts team doesn't really count, pretty much anyone was accepted…
luaCoder #9
Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:42 PM
Could I Join?
Symmetryc #10
Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 PM
Could I Join?
just comment below with some example work
Agoldfish #11
Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:50 PM
Well uh, lets see.
Example work 1.
Example work 2.
Yeah. Enjoy.
oeed #12
Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

What are those -> doing?
Btw, I'm not really interested in joining, but I was just wondering :P/>/>
Yes it is in Lua 5.1, that was just an outline of puzzle.lua.
Not at the moment, what are you not clear on?
Well, how strict is the redstone logic compared to MC?
Symmetryc #13
Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:36 PM
Not very strict, there is dust and lamps currently implemented, torches will get added soon and after that we can just implement whatever we want and drop it into the "Tiles" folder and it will work. If you're worried that MC redstone will fog our vision and limit the possibilities, relax.
oeed #14
Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:30 PM
Not very strict, there is dust and lamps currently implemented, torches will get added soon and after that we can just implement whatever we want and drop it into the "Tiles" folder and it will work. If you're worried that MC redstone will fog our vision and limit the possibilities, relax.

Well, I'm busy working away at OneOS & CCAppStore at the moment, but I might be able to help out later on if you want/need it when I'm done.
Symmetryc #15
Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:36 PM
You really don't have to help out all that often if you want to apply.
Edited on 26 January 2014 - 06:22 PM
Symmetryc #16
Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:10 PM
Update: Applications will stop being accepted on Monday and after that this thread will serve to show our progress on RedPuzzle.
Edited on 28 January 2014 - 04:10 PM
MudkipTheEpic #17
Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:54 PM
Can I join? I might not be active much, I've been pretty busy lately.

Check my sig for example work. (Also, I hosted MudServ :P/>)
MKlegoman357 #18
Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:43 PM
Sounds interesting, why not to join :D/>/>? Take a look at my RedFile program or into my pastebin.
Edited on 01 February 2014 - 03:43 PM
Lur_ #19
Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:02 PM
Sounds intresting: I made this - has a description on the pastebin.
:D/>
IGN:
lurquhar1221
Anavrins #20
Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:15 PM
Because Symmetryc want's me to apply so bad :D/>/>
Here's my application.

Example 1:
http://pastebin.com/SyzdKrQA and requires my buttonAPI
This is a farm controller I made for a FTB base I had, it's pretty old, the code is messy and unoptimised, but all that counted for me was the end result.
Edited on 14 June 2014 - 06:05 AM
Symmetryc #21
Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:58 PM
Alright a PM has been sent out to those who are now part of the project :)/>.
Anavrins #22
Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:06 AM
So is this project ever going to come to something?
Symmetryc #23
Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:34 AM
So is this project ever going to come to something?
If you check the convo, the last time I updated it was around the end of February, I worked on it a bit in March, I don't remember if I pushed on GitHub. I had the algorithm for the redstone transmission without infinite loops figured out during March sometime, but I sort of left here because I had finals and what not. I've back for a week or so now, and I will finish this, I just don't know how soon. I don't have the computer with all of the files for this right now as I'm currently out of town. I'll be back in 2-3 weeks or so, so development will be postponed until then. Sorry for the lack of updates.

Oh yeah, as for progress with the design, I will update the design document (linked to on the GitHub) soon, I have a new format for basically everything. I changed a lot of things since the initial push.
Edited on 16 June 2014 - 04:39 AM
theoriginalbit #24
Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:40 AM
well I suggest as well as a design doc you should perhaps define a team roles document, outlining what each of us is in charge of and should do, etc.