This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Grim Reaper's profile picture

File Management by PaymentOption

Started by Grim Reaper, 12 May 2012 - 02:44 PM
Grim Reaper #1
Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:44 PM
This is a basic file management program that I built for the server I play on. Yes there are some bugs and features not implemented yet, however it serves its purpose.

Screenshots:
Spoilerhttp://imgur.com/a/2UqNp

If you want to use it, you have my permission. However, if you decide to distribute I ask that you let your customer know who created it (me), and give the proper credits. Please do not just change the author name in the code and act like you wrote it, I spent a decent amount of time on this.

Thanks for reading,
Payment

Download: http://pastebin.com/P8fSDsve
TheRussianSpy #2
Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:02 AM
this is pretty good! I will be using it a lot. A few things that I think you should add or I just didn't find:
-running a file - there are edit/delete/rename, but not run options
-going up by one directory - [..] - I think it should be first thing in list of directories
-when closing the program, clear the screen
Laserman34170 #3
Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:28 AM
How did you create new files? Im making an electronic banking system and I need to be able to make files to register new accounts
1lann #4
Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:21 AM
How did you create new files? Im making an electronic banking system and I need to be able to make files to register new accounts

f = io.open("filename", "w")
f:write("")
f:close()
Laserman34170 #5
Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thanks
inventor2514 #6
Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks

Just a heads-up; an empty file will crash the standard edit program. Include a new line "n" to fix that.
Mendax #7
Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:45 AM
Nice, although I prefer Inventor2514's one. Text Pics all the way :P/>/>
Darky_Alan #8
Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 PM
THis is really nice, great interface. I think I'll go try it out :]
Exerro #9
Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:20 PM
wow i love this file manager im gonna use it in my os and antivirus if thats ok? and btw if you want to see my antivirus go to http://www.bluetideos.weebly.com/download.html.
mad-murdock #10
Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:22 PM
very nice work and very helpful!
thank a lot!
Grim Reaper #11
Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:10 AM
Well this program has recently been receiving attention, not much but still :P/>/>, so I've gone ahead and put in all of the changes that had been asked for.

Took me 5 minutes too :)/>/>.

Have fun ;)/>/>
Sxw #12
Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:23 PM
So code is under the DWTHYWWMCJDSM lisence?
This is awesome, i really need to make something cool myself…