This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lyqyd's profile picture

[LyqydNet] Background File Server

Started by Lyqyd, 13 May 2012 - 03:39 PM
Lyqyd #1
Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:39 PM
This is a file server with support for the basic file manipulation commands: cp, mv, rm, mkdir, cd, ls. It allows users to upload and download files on the server and is very easy to set up and run. You must have the LyqydNet API installed in order to use this. This file server isolates stored files in a single "share" folder, so as to prevent users from modifying critical files. This file server will run in the background on whatever computer is running it, so you can still use it for other things! Running the client on the same computer is inadvisable, though.

Download is found on github.
nutcase84 #2
Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 PM
Cool!
iRiky #3
Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:06 PM
it looks great but i can't understand well how it works
why i don't reach to to something when i type "filed"
could you explain me how i can set up this program ?
Lyqyd #4
Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Well, that's actually the point of it. If you've installed the LyqydNet API, and you've got both filed and filec installed, just run filed on one computer (make sure both computers have labels!). It will look like absolutely nothing has happened. Just go to the other computer and run filec <label of computer running filed> and it should be connected (you'll know if the prompt changes to "share>").
iRiky #5
Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well, that's actually the point of it. If you've installed the LyqydNet API, and you've got both filed and filec installed, just run filed on one computer (make sure both computers have labels!). It will look like absolutely nothing has happened. Just go to the other computer and run filec <label of computer running filed> and it should be connected (you'll know if the prompt changes to "share>").

this is what i do:
first computer:label set masterserver
second comp:label set client
first:filed
second:filec masterserver
and this gave me:connection failed ?
what's wrong ??
Lyqyd #6
Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:12 AM
Heh. My mistake on the documentation there, I forgot to make reference to updating the startup files for each computer.

On each computer, add this to the startup file, then reboot both of them:

shell.run("modread")
shell.run("netd")
net.netInit()

When each one is booted up, the modem on each one should be automatically opened (and light up red). If it's still failing with all that, I might have to have you send me the computer files from your savegame so I can take a look at it. Hope this fixes it, though! I'll update the documentation to make that clearer.
iRiky #7
Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:18 AM
yeah ! it worked…finally i can set up my file sharing system ! :P/>/> thank you very much :D/>/>
Lyqyd #8
Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:33 AM
No problem! Glad you've got it working. :-)