This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zambonie's profile picture

[CC 1.6 Beta][SSP]Paint Bug and Installation Bug

Started by Zambonie, 16 February 2014 - 10:54 AM
Zambonie #1
Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:54 AM
–I dont know If I could list 2 bugs in 1, But please split if not.

Installation Bug
When installing CC 1.6 Beta, Ive noticed some strange things:

At first, I opened up a comp and did 'ls'. Nothing appeared except for rom, and This comp had some important files on it, which seems like to got deleted.
I went into the Mc Folder (Really technic, casue I was playing on technic :P/>) into the save folder and comps, all the Ids were still there, w/ the files in them.
Back in MC, I created a small test program on a computer.
I went back into the folder, and all the Ids were gone and programs, except for the one w/ the 'test' program.
Creating a program on a old computer were its memory was wiped would recover the Id, but not programs.
I dont know if this is CC or me, but, yup.

Paint Bug
When running paint, I try to drag my mouse left>right and right>left. It only draws 1 pixel, instead of drawing pixels against where im dragging my mouse. This only happens on the Top Line though. I can start at the top and drag down, but not sideways.
Again, I dont know if this is CC or me, but, This is the bug.

(Running On Bottlenet on Technic w/ Cc 1.6 Beta (I manuly upgraded it from 1.5 to 1.6))
awsmazinggenius #2
Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:44 PM
If you manually upgraded to 1.6 on a 1.58 server, unless the server upgraded too, there is your first mistake.

Second, bugs for CC 1.6 belong on it's own bug thread in the Beta Testing section.

Third, backup your world.
</mistake list :)/>>

If you have an issue dragging on the top line, that is mysterious. Can you run some code to determine if the appropriate events are being queued when you click at the top of the screen, to help determine if the issue is CC or Paint? Something like this should do. (real quick and messy, no locals or anything)

guid = os.startTimer(15) -- for however long you want to test for.
clicks = 0
while true do
  e, p1, p2, p3 = os.pullEvent() 
  if e == "timer" and p1 == guid then break elseif e == "mouse_click" and y == 1 then clicks = clicks + 1 elseif e == "mouse_drag" and y == 1 then clicks = clicks + 1 end
end
print(tostring(clicks).." mouse clicks/drags at the top of the screen.")
Also try that on turtles and PDAs, too.

The second issue is beyond what I am going to type out, for now. Dan did say "Don't expect world compatibility."
Zambonie #3
Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:46 PM
Hehe, I meant bottle net pack and not the server itself. Sorry , the names are the same, so you can get easily mixed. I also mentioned (SSP) in the title.
I did not see that theres a bug thread for 1.6, sorry uwu.

Ill try that code.

Edit:
Seems like either your code doesnt work or its a CC bug. Ive clicked 3 times and draged 1 time across the top line. It says I clicked/draged 0 times.
Edited on 16 February 2014 - 03:50 PM
CometWolf #4
Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:29 PM
His code would never work the way he intended, just change y to p3 and it'll work. A simpler solution howver would be to just go into the lua prompt and type while true do print(os.pullEvent"mouse_drag") end, then try dragging at the top of the screen.
Edited on 16 February 2014 - 04:30 PM
Zambonie #5
Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:00 PM
Yup, If I drag on the top line sideways it doesnt print anything. Dragging anywere else will print.
awsmazinggenius #6
Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:58 PM
His code would never work the way he intended, just change y to p3 and it'll work. A simpler solution howver would be to just go into the lua prompt and type while true do print(os.pullEvent"mouse_drag") end, then try dragging at the top of the screen.
Ooops, that's what I get for writing that code without thinking. I did the timer thing so your screen doesn't get cluttered with every single drag event that comes in.
Zambonie #7
Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:30 AM
I was looking today in the save world, and I found 2 files, 'computer', and 'computercraft'. Computer contains the old ones. And Computercraft has the new files for 1.6. Maybe Dan renamed it or just did this as a mistake. (Hehe, Atleast I have my files back!)
awsmazinggenius #8
Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:32 PM
That thing with the two folders was already noted on the Bug Report thread for the pre-release.
Zambonie #9
Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:46 PM
I noticed.