This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TechMasterGeneral's profile picture

LuaCrawlers Website!

Started by TechMasterGeneral, 16 February 2014 - 07:59 PM
TechMasterGeneral #1
Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:59 PM
Hey All!
I just released my website for you to request coding projects and to submit bug reports on anything that I create… Currently CCMC… i can't think of anything else to do right now…
well anyways… here is the link
http://luacrawlercoding.webs.com
Any criticism is welcome… I just slapped it together in about 5 mins so I need to do more work on it.
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:01 PM
reduce the file size of your images, preferably make them compressed interlaced png files (if you have photoshop also export them for web); the download time of the images is way too slow.
TechMasterGeneral #3
Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:04 PM
reduce the file size of your images, preferably make them compressed interlaced png files (if you have photoshop also export them for web); the download time of the images is way too slow.
I meant to mention… i'm not phyiscally hosting it… if i was I would do that… but… yah I actually need to update the pics for the current release…
yah… if i had wrote the code by hand it would be a better quality website(currently learning HTML and CSS for managing my CAP squadron website)
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:08 PM
you don't need to be physically hosting a website to be able to reduce file sizes and modify image types. even if you're working of a template there's still lots you can modify!
TechMasterGeneral #5
Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:13 AM
you don't need to be physically hosting a website to be able to reduce file sizes and modify image types. even if you're working of a template there's still lots you can modify!

I can't modify anything… the service doesn't allow you to edit source code… but i do need to get new pics up…. maybe sometime this week…

sorry… i'm sounding like an idiot… but i see what you mean know that i read your post again
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:14 AM
I can't modify anything… the service doesn't allow you to edit source code… but i do need to get new pics up…. maybe sometime this week…
okay maybe 3rd times the charm… YOU DO NOT NEED TO GAIN ACCESS TO SOURCE CODE TO MAKE THE MODIFICATION I SUGGESTED! It is simply uploading of better images that are greater reduced in file size (not pixel size)!
Edited on 17 February 2014 - 05:49 PM
TechMasterGeneral #7
Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:18 AM
okay maybe 3rd times the charm… YOU DO NOT NEED TO GAIN ACCESS TO SOURCE CODE TO MAKE THE MODIFICATION I SUGGESTED! It is simply uploading of better images that are greater reduced in file size (not pixel size)!

sorry… i'm sounding like an idiot… but i see what you mean now that i read your post again

You didn't read that part^^
I understand now…
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:50 PM
I understand now…
Weird, when I hit quote it wasn't there, did you edit that in?
TechMasterGeneral #9
Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:05 PM
I understand now…
Weird, when I hit quote it wasn't there, did you edit that in?

no… i had just posted another one after i posted that…
theoriginalbit #10
Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:09 PM
no… i had just posted another one after i posted that…
ahh, that explains it then. 'cause I knew you hadn't edited, there was not edit comment thingy.
TechMasterGeneral #11
Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:12 PM
Yah… i just redid the website again… so it is a little less laggy… but… I still need to get new pics up…
TechMasterGeneral #12
Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:19 PM
I finally updated the website with less lag and a new clean design… tell me what ya'll think..
apemanzilla #13
Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:40 PM
Not bad! Puts my temporary website to shame xD.
TechMasterGeneral #14
Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:09 PM
yours is actually pretty nice…. I use a free hosting service that only allows for strict changes of a template…
Alice #15
Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:43 PM
I see you use bootstrap, just like my website.