This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
awsmazinggenius's profile picture

awsmazing Peripheral - Input Wanted

Started by awsmazinggenius, 23 February 2014 - 11:02 PM
awsmazinggenius #1
Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:02 AM
Hello,
Recently I've been hard at work on awsmazing Peripheral (I chose to rename awsmazinggenius's Peripherals. And for short, you can call that awsmP.) I don't have any code to release quite yet, but I'm hunting down ideas from the community (you will get credit, of course) on both peripherals to make and crafting recipes.

I've came up with a BuildCraft-like Connection Chip system for the peripherals' crafting recipes.
Spoiler(Sorry if images are in wrong order)
These are the different chips:
Base Connection Chip (I might call this a Stone Connection Chip in the future.)

Crafting:

Iron Connection Chip:

Crafting:

Gold Connection Chip:

Crafting:

Diamond Connection Chip:

Crafting:

Extreme Connection Chip:

Crafting:
I need community help here. I need something more expensive than the diamond chip but less expensive then a nether star. It also needs to be craftable in vanilla MC/CC.
Once you craft your chip, you need to place it on a block. This block is placeable in the world (like an IC2 Machine Block) but has one purpose: to be made into peripherals.
SpoilerCrafting for Empty Block:

Empty Block:

Base Connection Chip:

Iron Connection Chip:

Gold Connection Chip:

Diamond Connection Chip:

Extreme Connection Chip:
So, the point of this topic is to gather ideas from the community. You can suggest a peripheral, a recipe for someone else's (you can also give a recipe for your own peripheral, but you don't have to) or both. The only criteria for recipes (other then the Extreme Peripheral Chip, which still needs a recipe) is that it must have one of the blocks above with a chip. As in, any of the peripheral chip blocks that is not the empty one.

Thanks for your participation, and I hope I've posted this in the right spot.
H4X0RZ #2
Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:40 AM
Extreme connection chip:

ooo
ece
ooo
o is obsidian , e is emerald and c is the diamondchip
awsmazinggenius #3
Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:23 AM
Thanks, Freack100! I do like that recipe.