This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
applesauce10189's profile picture

Computercraft Website Doesn't Like me?

Started by applesauce10189, 03 March 2014 - 10:44 AM
applesauce10189 #1
Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:44 AM
Sorry, I'm not 100% sure if a website bug goes here, I'm also not sure if it's the website hating me, or maybe my browser doesn't like this website because I only get this problem with this website. The first bug isn't that big of one, mousing over a button/link doesn't give the cursor icon for a clickable button/link which at first lead me to think my computer was lagging and I couldn't click buttons/links but I could even though the cursor icon for it was gone. Works everywhere except this website. The second bug, clicking and dragging the scroll bar does absolutely nadda. Zippity doo dah. I can't use a mouse for about a month or so, which made this a big problem but then I found out the touch pad has a weird scroll thing that's actually pretty cool, but I prefer a scroll bar.

Also can't highlight stuffs.
Thib0704 #2
Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:38 PM
It is probably a browser problem.
What browser are you using?
And also try going on another IP.board forum.
Lyqyd #3
Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:40 PM
Moved to Forum Discussion.

Those are all client-side things, nothing to do with the web site itself.
applesauce10189 #4
Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:45 AM
It is probably a browser problem.
What browser are you using?
And also try going on another IP.board forum.
I'm using Google Chrome and what exactly is a IP board forum?

EDIT: If this counts as an IP board forum then yeah it works there but not here.
NOTE: How do you put a link but have it be a word instead of the link but still clickable to go to the link?
Edited on 04 March 2014 - 06:24 AM
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:27 AM
-snip-
IP.Board is the piece of software these forums run off.

Links with text are done by highlighting the text before clicking the 'Link' button in the formatting bar.
applesauce10189 #6
Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:28 AM
Can you link me to an IP.board forum so I may test it out? This problem has started somewhat recently, it was working before.

EDIT: 115 posts… People who play call of duty zombies and get the easter eggs will understand the importance of this number.
Edited on 04 March 2014 - 08:16 AM
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:24 AM
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums
applesauce10189 #8
Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:33 AM
Works on what you linked. So basically the problems are only with this website.
Bomb Bloke #9
Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:41 PM
What plugins do you have loaded into your current browser? What happens if you try a different browser?
applesauce10189 #10
Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:31 PM
What plugins do you have loaded into your current browser? What happens if you try a different browser?
Well when it worked I had adBlock adBlockPlus and AntVenom Youtube Channel, but NOW I HAVE! The exact same thing.
I tried internet explorer and it worked, but I'm not going to start using IE.
Alice #11
Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:55 PM
Well when it worked I had adBlock adBlockPlus and AntVenom Youtube Channel, but NOW I HAVE! The exact same thing.
I tried internet explorer and it worked, but I'm not going to start using IE.
Then it's your browser and not a website bug.
Bomb Bloke #12
Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:03 AM
Ok, so what happens if you change that setup to say, no plugins?

Do you mean you're using "adBlock" and "adBlock Plus", or is that a typo? I can't recommend using two things to perform the same task, especially when that task involves "chopping bits of HTML out of the page".
awsmazinggenius #13
Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:55 AM
I'll add that an easy way to go plugin-free for a while in Chrome without actually disabling your plugins is to go incognito - provided that you haven't enabled plugins for incognito. Also, I get all of the above mentioned stuff on my MacBook Air, OS X 10.9 and the latest Chrome. My plugins are Pastebin, HostCabi, Pocket and Adobe Edge Inspect CC.