This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CC1.33's profile picture

Lots of suggestions.

Started by CC1.33, 16 May 2012 - 04:40 PM
CC1.33 #1
Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:40 PM
I've always wanted to do four things with ComputerCraft.
  1. Make an egg farm. The turtle could pick up an egg and then dispense it.
  2. Make turtles fight mobs with arrows. It could detect hostile mobs and fire at them.
  3. Combine this mod with clay soldiers and make a giant arena and use turtles to dispense the clay soldiers.
  4. Destroy villages using fire charges.
So I would like turtles to be able to dispense items, pick up items and detect certain mobs.
It would be awesome.
kazagistar #2
Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:47 AM
To detect mobs, have a turtle place pressure plates and sit next to it and listen for redstone signals. Soon you will even be able to use tripwire maybe!

To dispense items, have your turtle place a dispenser under a redpower transposer, then go above the transposer and trigger redstone signals down until its cargo is empty, then go to the dispenser and trigger redstone signals until all the items (eggs, arrows, mob eggs, fire charges, whatever) are dispensed.

Isn't computercraft fun? The only real limit is your own ability to code it all up!
Pinkishu #3
Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:20 AM
Isn't computercraft fun? The only real limit is your own ability to code it all up!

Or the inability of turtles to place block in a different direction :3
Bossman201 #4
Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:51 PM
Tripwires would be cool, until it was tripped and stopped functioning.
kazagistar #5
Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:04 AM
Or the inability of turtles to place block in a different direction :3

Hey, I managed to get around it. They always place in the same direction, so you just make it in a way to compensate for it. Isn't a good part of the fun of minecraft routing around the game to come up with ways to do things no-one else thought to do?
D3matt #6
Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:56 AM
So what I got out of this argument… Make turtles place blocks in the direction they're facing, like when a player places them. And let them use objects like deployers can.