This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
mdsanta's profile picture

[1.5.2][FTB] Execution of the code haltt on modem.transmit

Started by mdsanta, 16 March 2014 - 01:47 AM
mdsanta #1
Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:47 AM
Happens both in single mode and SMP.
Computercraft 1.53
MiscPeripherals 3.3
RedstoneInMotion 2.2.0.0

Doesn't happen from the beginning, but suddenly code starts halting.
Execution goes as far as modem.transmit and then exection breaks with no errors.
Then it exits to command line.

———————————————————-
If this is RIM's faut, then some block data (maybe modem) is corrupted –> Then execution should brek with error log or a crash so bug can be fixed.

If it is not…then it just should be fixed i guess.

Sorry, for not being much help in narrowing down the case, but there are no logs generated on that.

modemSide ="right"
modem = peripheral.wrap(modemSide)
print("1")
modem.transmit(1,2,"test')
print("2")
——————
outputs "1" and then finishes execution.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:04 AM
Can you reproduce this bug in either ComputerCraft 1.58 or the 1.6 beta? Old probably-already-solved bugs don't generally get any attention paid to them. MiscBugs is notorious for lockups anyway.
mdsanta #3
Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:27 PM
Thanks. I'll see what I can do.
Timmah #4
Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:15 PM
I'm been encountering this error today (Tekkit pack with CC: 1.58 and Redstone in Motion 2.3). I've had a play around and it seems to be related to a computer being moved by RiM (i.e. If the computer is stationery there's no problem).

The following should reproduce it:-
  1. Place a couple of frame carriageway
  2. Place the carriageway controller.
  3. Place a wireless turtle, with the front facing the controller, and the frame setup to also move the turtle.
  4. Run the code, everything will move, turtle will reboot.
  5. Run the code again - will fail on the transmit line, with no error message. It also seems to crash other computers transmitting on that channel.
If you change the channel it will work once, then fail again.
If you change the channel add modem.close(channel) immediately prior to the move it will work.

channel = 65531
modem = peripheral.wrap("right")
modem.open(channel)
print("debug-")
modem.transmit(channel, channel, "test message")
print("debug+")
motor = peripheral.wrap("front")
motor.move(3, false, false)
print("finished")
Hirudo #5
Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:52 PM
I'm seeing similar behaviour on FTB Monster 1.1.1 with CC 1.58

Everything works at first, then suddenly any modem.transmit() makes programs exit immediately. No error message. Once it happens, it happens on all turtles and computers.

Turtles aren't moved by anything except their own commands. Restarting the server fixes it for a bit before it starts happening again. I don't have server logs at the moment but will to to get some.