This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cmdpwnd's profile picture

After importing LuaJ...

Started by cmdpwnd, 25 March 2014 - 09:57 PM
cmdpwnd #1
Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:57 PM
Can anyone help me get the forge setup? I have watched about 10 different tutorials on how to make import luaj to java and still cant get it right. My basic forge setup is fine, but im looking to make a networking mod (since cc wont let you edit source code) that simulates Cisco networking equipment, and I still need the lua interpreter so I can write the blocks and os's in lua to run in minecraft
cmdpwnd #2
Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:15 PM
once the library is imported, how would we allow a block to communicate with the lua interpreter?
Agoldfish #3
Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:26 PM
Can anyone help me get the forge setup? I have watched about 10 different tutorials on how to make import luaj to java and still cant get it right. My basic forge setup is fine, but im looking to make a networking mod (since cc wont let you edit source code) that simulates Cisco networking equipment, and I still need the lua interpreter so I can write the blocks and os's in lua to run in minecraft
Make your own thread?
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:24 AM
dude you really need to stop with trying to hijack other peoples threads. as far as what you're trying to do, maybe making this mod isn't for you, importing and using 3rd-party libraries is a very, very basic programming skill, you already import and use libraries, the only difference with 3rd party ones is you must link in the jar or add the source code yourself in your packages as opposed to it being bundled with Java.
Lyqyd #5
Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:27 AM
I've moved these post into one topic.

jacky500, this isn't the best place to ask your questions. You may have better luck on a forum for Forge modding questions, as you clearly are not asking for help with ComputerCraft, but instead are seeking assistance making something similar to computercraft.

Also, note that there are far better tools to help you with your cisco learnings than creating a flawed simulation in a minecraft mod.