This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Kindar_Conrath's profile picture

Bundled Cables

Started by Kindar_Conrath, 27 March 2014 - 07:18 PM
Kindar_Conrath #1
Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:18 PM
I am concerned, I don't know if this is on the CC end or the other mods end but, as Project Red bundled cables don't have support, and with the new release breaking MFR cable support (and him having moved on to 1.7) there is NO way that I know of with CC 1.6 to use bundled cabling.
Cranium #2
Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:34 PM
Uh, I don't know who you talked to, but I don't believe there is any plan to remove MFR cable support.

EDIT: Read below
Edited on 28 March 2014 - 04:05 PM
Cranium #3
Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:05 PM
I just confirmed with Cloudy, and it looks like you are right. Dedicated support for MFR has been removed, but has been replaced with an API for other mod developers to create compatability with ComputerCraft.
This means, that any mod author, if they want to be able to integrate with ComputerCraft, can now use the API that Dan created to enable support.
Now, mod support depends on the individual mod authors, rather than us tailoring our code to match theirs. This would have been a nightmare to make ComputerCraft compatible with every other tech mod.

TL;DR: If you want support for a specific mod, try bugging them about it, and they can take a look at our awesome new API designed just for them.
Kindar_Conrath #4
Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:16 PM
I heard something like that too. I am both glad and sad. I have mentioned it too both Skyboy (MFR) and the PR guys. I am hoping that ONE of them adds support before they both move on to 1.7 I would hate to lose all bundled cable support in the final 1.6.4 pack.
apemanzilla #5
Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:41 PM
Everyone, bug chicken and Mr JTP about Project: Red support! And let's toss in Immibis's cables and MFR too! :D/>
awsmazinggenius #6
Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:48 AM
Here is a github issue, though you could just write yourself a peripheral :
https://github.com/M...tRed/issues/375

EDIT: It's gonna happen with Project: Red"
Chicken-Bones on GitHub said:
Will do
Edited on 29 March 2014 - 04:02 PM
dan200 #7
Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:27 PM
This is in the hands of other modders now, hopefully they'll step up to the oportunity! Closing as not a bug