This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zambonie's profile picture

udo - A Pocket Todo List

Started by Zambonie, 05 April 2014 - 05:13 PM
Zambonie #1
Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:13 PM
Since I've noticed this topic, I've noticed a couple of nifty programs pop around. And since I apparently haven't made a public program in a while ( I proboly only have my OS out there, that's all even.) I decided I would make a nice program for the community, a Todo list w/ multiple Todos and completly customization for your Todos.

I Introduce, udo.

This is a Todo list were you dont just start it, check it and add and delete, this is one where you have the ability to choose your style, and have multiple Todo lists for your need. Comes w/ a pretty fancy Gui, and planning to change a little in the future.

Screenshots:
SpoilerMain Menu:

Example Todo List:

To be in the Next Update:
SpoilerPost your suggestions!

How to get it:

On your MC client, make sure you have HTTP Enabled.

Go into your pocket Computer and type:

pastebin get LKguNrXk udo
Then run it.

How To use it:
SpoilerOn first start, You will come to a screen showing :

No Todos Found!
Click Anywhere To Make One
As it says, click anywhere.
This brings you to the New Todo Screen.
Enter your name, and select the Line and Text Colors for your todo.

Hit Done.
You will see your new todo, w/ the colors you've selected
See the Arrow at the top-right? (Not The 2 at The Top Left) Hit it.
This will open up your Todo List
To create a new task, hit the '+' button. It should turn green, and at the todo list you should see the number 1, and an input waiting to be inserted.
Type a simple task, like 'Feed The Dog', or just do anything else like 'Test', for starters.
Hit enter, then you should see your Task appear.
To Remove it, hit the '-' at the top-Right corner. Hit anywhere on the line of the task you just typed. It should disappear.
Great, now if you want to exit, hit the '<' arrow.
You return. If you feel like creating another Todo list, hit the '+', and you will be at the same screen you where at when your created your first Todo.
Once done, to scroll through your Todos, hit the '<' and '>' buttons at the top-left corner.

To Exit, Right Click, at the main menu, the bottom bar. (Where it says 'udo'.)
Edited on 05 April 2014 - 05:13 PM
TheMrIron2 #2
Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 AM
I like this To-Do list. uDo could be like a portable "Notes" app, like on Phones. :P/>
Zambonie #3
Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:35 PM
Thanks. Me and someone else are actually working on a nifty os, which is bassicly iOS in a PDA. This is already included w/ it, and it works nicley.
apemanzilla #4
Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:31 PM
At the current time, 1/3 of the programs in this section are all todo lists.

Get your popcorn people!
6677 #5
Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Get your popcorn people!
They'll turn into the pocket equivalent of a door lock sooner or later
Csstform #6
Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

Get your popcorn people!
They'll turn into the pocket equivalent of a door lock sooner or later
xD

Did I tell you about the pocket door lock I wad making?

JK
viveleroi #7
Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:35 AM
Doesn't seem to work right with 1.58, since that build doesn't have pocket comps I tried it on a normal advanced comp. Everything worked except adding a new task, nothing seems to show. I want 1.6 ;(
Zambonie #8
Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:16 PM
Its avalible for download, its been out for a long time now unless you have some reason your computer can't run it or something.
I'm planning to release 1.1 In a bit (Maybe today or the over this week), featuring more color settings and sending your Todo to a computer to display on a monitor or comp.
Mc Fow1er #9
Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:40 PM
I have an idea that you could add, well more two but still it's an idea none the less. Why not make it able to upload/download todo lists for a defined website of the users choice (like dropbox if possible), and also why not make it able to upload/download from a file server in the world, as if you make a small databank program you can make more programs that use said database program. That was 3 wasn't it, oh who cares it's still ideas none the less.
Mitchfizz05 #10
Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:32 PM
Gee, I love the GUI… it looks so beautiful… :D/>
RepeaterCreeper #11
Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:39 AM
Since I've noticed this topic, I've noticed a couple of nifty programs pop around. And since I apparently haven't made a public program in a while ( I proboly only have my OS out there, that's all even.) I decided I would make a nice program for the community, a Todo list w/ multiple Todos and completly customization for your Todos.

I Introduce, udo.

This is a Todo list were you dont just start it, check it and add and delete, this is one where you have the ability to choose your style, and have multiple Todo lists for your need. Comes w/ a pretty fancy Gui, and planning to change a little in the future.

Screenshots:
SpoilerMain Menu:

Example Todo List:

How to get it:

Then run it.

How To use it:

No Todos Found!

Hit Done.
To create a new task, hit the '+' button. It should turn green, and at the todo list you should see the number 1, and an input waiting to be inserted.
Type a simple task, like 'Feed The Dog', or just do anything else like 'Test', for starters.
To Remove it, hit the '-' at the top-Right corner. Hit anywhere on the line of the task you just typed. It should disappear.
You return. If you feel like creating another Todo list, hit the '+', and you will be at the same screen you where at when your created your first Todo.
Once done, to scroll through your Todos, hit the '<' and '>' buttons at the top-left corner.

Can you make it so we can delete our todo files? Cause I can't delete my main TODO list where all my sub-todo things are located.
Zambonie #12
Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

I Introduce, udo.

Screenshots:
SpoilerMain Menu:

Example Todo List:

How to get it:

Then run it.

How To use it:

No Todos Found!

Hit Done.

Can you make it so we can delete our todo files? Cause I can't delete my main TODO list where all my sub-todo things are located.

Yes, Sure. I tried to implement this feature before, Though for some reason I didn't get it through for some reason I guess.
I will revive the project tomorrow, With a couple of new features I have in mind :)/>
pingwel #13
Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:57 PM
Not sure if its possible but why not try and do so you can sort of print it to a monitor or send it between devices ? so that you sort of can see the same list with more players / teammates
willwac #14
Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:02 PM
Also, please make exiting the program easier.
And, could you create a default color scheme to use, so we don't have to manually choose our colors?
TechedZombie #15
Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:59 PM
Thanks. Me and someone else are actually working on a nifty os, which is bassicly iOS in a PDA. This is already included w/ it, and it works nicley.
OMG! I 100% Back that idea. Please Make a slide to Unlock thing! :P/>

Not sure if its possible but why not try and do so you can sort of print it to a monitor or send it between devices ? so that you sort of can see the same list with more players / teammates
With rednet my good peep… REDNET! and a lot of it!
Edited on 16 February 2015 - 01:30 AM
alex82 #16
Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:32 PM
Awesome!
cygnis #17
Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:08 PM
Love the look and feel of the program, but it doesn't seem to let me add any tasks. I make a new list, hit the +, and no dialog is visible. Furthermore, when I type an item and hit enter, the UI behaves like it added the item but no item is visible on the screen. Examining the file in the TodoFiles directory indicates it has added the item, it just won't display.
parzzival #18
Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:34 PM
Since I've noticed this topic, I've noticed a couple of nifty programs pop around. And since I apparently haven't made a public program in a while ( I proboly only have my OS out there, that's all even.) I decided I would make a nice program for the community, a Todo list w/ multiple Todos and completly customization for your Todos. I Introduce, udo. This is a Todo list were you dont just start it, check it and add and delete, this is one where you have the ability to choose your style, and have multiple Todo lists for your need. Comes w/ a pretty fancy Gui, and planning to change a little in the future. Screenshots:
SpoilerMain Menu: Example Todo List:
How to get it: On your MC client, make sure you have HTTP Enabled. Go into your pocket Computer and type:
Then run it. How To use it:
 No Todos Found! Click Anywhere To Make One 
As it says, click anywhere. This brings you to the New Todo Screen. Enter your name, and select the Line and Text Colors for your todo. Hit Done. You will see your new todo, w/ the colors you've selected See the Arrow at the top-right? (Not The 2 at The Top Left) Hit it. This will open up your Todo List To create a new task, hit the '+' button. It should turn green, and at the todo list you should see the number 1, and an input waiting to be inserted. Type a simple task, like 'Feed The Dog', or just do anything else like 'Test', for starters. Hit enter, then you should see your Task appear. To Remove it, hit the '-' at the top-Right corner. Hit anywhere on the line of the task you just typed. It should disappear. Great, now if you want to exit, hit the '<' arrow. You return. If you feel like creating another Todo list, hit the '+', and you will be at the same screen you where at when your created your first Todo. Once done, to scroll through your Todos, hit the '<' and '>' buttons at the top-left corner. To Exit, Right Click, at the main menu, the bottom bar. (Where it says 'udo'.)

Could you somehow sync multiple pocket computers together? Could you also send it to a monitor?
cygnis #19
Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:48 AM
I'm actually getting an error with this code whenever I try to create a list. It gives me:

udo:140: attempt to compare nil with number
HPWebcamAble #20
Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:07 AM
I'm actually getting an error with this code whenever I try to create a list. It gives me:

udo:140: attempt to compare nil with number

Looks like Zambonie hasn't been around since August 30

Do you have to hit a key (on your keyboard) to make a new list?
That would probably cause an error.
cygnis #21
Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:44 AM
Nah, it crashes after that. You click on the screen, it prompts you for a filename, and when you hit enter it gives you the options to chose line colors as a theme. But crashes before you can make the color selections.

HPWebcamAble #22
Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:33 AM
Can't really help much more than that. You'll have to wait for Zambonie.

Unless I were to make my own todo list program… Hm..
Certainly not tonight but soon…
as_tucker #23
Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

I Introduce, udo.

Screenshots:
SpoilerMain Menu:

Example Todo List:

How to get it:

Then run it.

How To use it:

No Todos Found!

Hit Done.

It's not an option in the UI of the program, but to delete an entire todo list, you can go into the directory created by the program called "TodoFiles" via cd TodoFiles

From there you can just remove individual lists with the command rm [list_name]

That should clear up any lists that you're done with. There's probably a more intuitive solution for this that could be implemented, but the base functionality is already there.

Hope this helps!!
HPWebcamAble #24
Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:31 PM
So this program still errors when creating a list. Making it useless…

If you want to use it, add "mouse_click" (with the quotes!) to the os.pullEvent() on line 127

After fixing that, it seems to work as intended (although hitting a stray key can crash it sometimes)
Edited on 10 January 2016 - 04:44 PM
Quartz101 #25
Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:35 PM
I wonder why people like this more then good ol' kOS - the first pocket OS for CC
Zambonie #26
Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:14 AM
Just a thing:

TheGamingOtaku27 #27
Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:49 AM
Im having trouble it says udo:140: attempt to compare nil with number when ever i make i name it wont even let me make a list it just says that
Bomb Bloke #28
Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:17 PM
add "mouse_click" (with the quotes!) to the os.pullEvent() on line 127
DoomRater #29
Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:50 PM
https://pastebin.com/cUwVrENR

Have an updated version with all the os.pullEvents fixed so they only register clicks and not EVERY mouse action. Tested working on CC:Tweaked which runs CraftOS 1.8.