This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
awsmazinggenius's profile picture

Redirection Talk

Started by awsmazinggenius, 11 April 2014 - 02:31 AM
awsmazinggenius #1
Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:31 AM
So, yeah, Dan's new game Redirection is out on Steam Greenlight. It looks interesting. For those of you who are generous to up-vote it just because, and who haven't seen it yet, here's the link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243118705
This looks like a good one, and I plan on buying it. I'm generally not too fond of puzzle games, though this one (and a few others in the past) has caught my eye. And it's always good to support the author of a great Minecraft mod, too.

Anyways, let the discussion begin!
(I'm surprised Dan hasn't made one of these topics, but maybe I'm just blind.)
edit: he has on the news page, but not on the forums. I find the forums a more convenient option (no captcha!), so, yeah.
Edited on 11 April 2014 - 02:33 AM
Csstform #2
Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:09 PM
I do like how the blocks turn like turtles. :P/>

+1 vote from me! Also, I will /probably/ get it, depending on my monetary position when it comes out.
awsmazinggenius #3
Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:46 AM
Yes, when I saw the cubes for the first time I was like "I know these are turtles, even if they are not called that I will always think that." Also, yes, depends on the price, if it's something like $15 or $20 I will get it but not if it is something like $50 (because I think that that is a but unreasonable for a Steam game.)
6677 #4
Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:34 PM
Yes, when I saw the cubes for the first time I was like "I know these are turtles, even if they are not called that I will always think that." Also, yes, depends on the price, if it's something like $15 or $20 I will get it but not if it is something like $50 (because I think that that is a but unreasonable for a Steam game.)
Indie games not being $50 makes full sense to me, but considering there are alot of full AAA titles you could also go into a store and pick up for console on steam I think $50 is entirely reasonable for a steam game
Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:04 PM
Oh, so that's what this was about…
awsmazinggenius #6
Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:40 PM
Oops, I prematurely said Steam as it was the first thing that popped into my head, I meant Indie.

EDIT: dan tweeted a screenshot 2 minutes ago, looks like it's hovering right around 4100 votes!
Edited on 12 April 2014 - 03:40 PM
Csstform #7
Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:32 PM
Oops, I prematurely said Steam as it was the first thing that popped into my head, I meant Indie.

EDIT: dan tweeted a screenshot 2 minutes ago, looks like it's hovering right around 4100 votes!
It would be one higher if Steam didnt take a poop on me every time I try to vote…
awsmazinggenius #8
Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:18 PM
Oh, do you have one of those limited accounts that hasn't bought anything yet?
Csstform #9
Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:57 PM
Oh, do you have one of those limited accounts that hasn't bought anything yet?
Is that the problem? So far I havent bought anything through Steam, but I didnt think that would be a problem here…
apemanzilla #10
Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:28 PM
I would get it when it comes out if I had steam funds D:

@dan do you need any beta testers? :P/>
Edited on 14 April 2014 - 04:29 PM
apemanzilla #11
Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Coincidence? I think not.
Lyqyd #12
Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:25 PM
Actually, yeah. It's going to be heavily weighted as a relevant ad here due to the relation to ComputerCraft. I've seen it all over the forums, it's pretty dominant right now.
apemanzilla #13
Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 PM
Actually, yeah. It's going to be heavily weighted as a relevant ad here due to the relation to ComputerCraft. I've seen it all over the forums, it's pretty dominant right now.
Yep. Seeing it in 2/3 of the ad slots or so right now.
dan200 #14
Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 PM
Thats because I stripped out the adsense code and replaced it with that banner :P/> The take home from this is: please vote for Redirection on Steam!
apemanzilla #15
Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:31 PM
Thats because I stripped out the adsense code and replaced it with that banner :P/> The take home from this is: please vote for Redirection on Steam!
Hmm, I still see a couple vudoo hosting ads. Might be my cache.
Csstform #16
Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:45 PM
Thats because I stripped out the adsense code and replaced it with that banner :P/>/> The take home from this is: please vote for Redirection on Steam!
I like it. And i've only tried about 14 trillion times!
dan200 #17
Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

I can't remove those, they're a condition of my webhosting
apemanzilla #18
Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

I can't remove those, they're a condition of my webhosting
Ahh.
awsmazinggenius #19
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:35 AM
Yes, that's the problem. It's an "anti-spam thing" (no they just want money :(/>) so you have to buy something on Steam in order to have the privilege to vote on Greenlight.
Csstform #20
Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:30 PM
Yes, that's the problem. It's an "anti-spam thing" (no they just want money :(/>/>) so you have to buy something on Steam in order to have the privilege to vote on Greenlight.
Pfffffft. Sorry Dan. Guess I should have paid 50 dollars on steam rather than 20 dollars on ebay…