This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
scj643's profile picture

The Anime Topic

Started by scj643, 12 April 2014 - 05:00 PM
scj643 #1
Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:00 PM
This is a Topic about anime.
Go nuts :)/>

My favorite anime would have to be SAO (Sword Art Online)
Also I would have to say '"Eden of the East" is also one of my favs

I'm currently watching "Ouron High School Host Club"" and "Chobits"

Rules.
  • No links to torrents or any illegal downloads.
  • No links to any obscene anime.
  • Use common sense
My goal for this topic is not for it to be spam but to have a subcommunity of computercraft forums who like to watch anime.
It would be nice if this could be turned into a subforumn *wink wink*
Edited on 18 April 2014 - 02:39 PM
6677 #2
Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:04 AM
Ordered a copy of Appleseed: Ex Machina a few weeks ago. Baring in mind I am english, ordered it from an english distributor and ordered an english copy I was a little surprised to receive a french one. Meh, VLC still defaulted to the english audio so it is just french disk labelling and box art. Not a bad movie, but so different from the previous movie.
Kingdaro #3
Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:32 AM
Sakurasou or GTFO. :P/>
Alice #4
Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:43 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist.
Now, I do know that FMA: Brotherhood is the better one, but as Fullmetal Alchemist is my first anime, that's all I shall leave you with.
Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:58 AM
I dunno about "better". I only got partway into Brotherhood, and it seemed to me that the production quality was a fair bit lower.

As for the story aspect of it… well, I kinda got side tracked before the plots diverged so I'm not entirely clear on the full set of differences. I suspect they're different enough to say it's comparing apples and oranges, and odds are they're both good.

Now the first Hellsing anime is a good example of failure to follow the manga going wrong. I mean, sure, they did it because the manga wasn't done yet (much the same situation as with FMA), but the ending came out as a bit rubbish. A bad ending can ruin an entire series, which is a shame because the original Hellsing anime was mostly excellent except for that.
TheOddByte #6
Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:32 AM
Well since this is an anime topic I will give you a link to the best site to watch anime on: http://www.kissanime.com/
It's great since you can easily watch what you want on either a PC or a smartphone.
Now to post my top favorite animes, Here's a short list

One Piece
Fairy Tail
DN Angel
Genshiken
Oda nobuna no yabou
I kinda prefeer comedy, fantasy mixed up together in an anime :3
scj643 #7
Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:16 PM
Im watching Eden of the East now.
Grim Reaper #8
Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:02 PM
Sakurasou or GTFO. :P/>
I… I love you.

My favorites would have to be:
  • Clannad / Clannad: After Story
  • Angel Beats!
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Waiting in the Summer
  • Sword Art Online
  • Attack on Titan
TheOddByte #9
Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:11 PM
Something else that's also good, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu :D/>
lieudusty #10
Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:26 AM
Bleach! Not the kind that washes clothes. :D/>

Too bad they stopped releasing episodes. :/
Edited on 13 April 2014 - 11:27 PM
Csstform #11
Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:59 PM
Never watched an anime……..ever……… um… yeah.
TheOddByte #12
Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:01 PM
What?!? Are you serious? D:
Csstform #13
Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 PM
What?!? Are you serious? D:
Um.. yes?
Bomb Bloke #14
Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:17 PM
So Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Samurai Pizza Cats… Pokemon… you've watched none of that? :blink:/>
6677 #15
Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:23 PM
So Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Samurai Pizza Cats… Pokemon… you've watched none of that? :blink:/>
no actually…

But I have seen howls moving castle, appleseed, appleseed ex machine, ghost in the shell, spirited away and a load that I cant recall the names of
Grim Reaper #16
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

It's not exactly for everyone, and anime and its community has pretty nerdy/geeky reputation as a whole, but not everything is like that.

You've got your really Otaku oriented kind of stuff which is what people hear about and judge the community as a whole off of, but there are also many series which are a lot different than that. In the world of anime, there is generally a series for anything you can think of, so I would definitely suggest that you maybe try something or even post what kinds of television or books you like and we may be able to suggest something.

However, there's also the possibility that you just don't like the fact that it's animated, which is totally cool as well.

Although you didn't really say anything like that, I thought I would just throw my advice at you :P/>
Csstform #17
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:41 AM
So Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Samurai Pizza Cats… Pokemon… you've watched none of that? :blink:/>/>
nop. Books/movies I like? LotR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Disney, etc. I'm pretty open minded. I hate musicals tho. Tend to lean more towards Sci-Fi/Fantasy books. Not a fan of too much romance.
awsmazinggenius #18
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:44 AM
I'm honestly surprised that Csstform (username and avatar) hasn't watched even a bit of Pokemon…
Zambonie #19
Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:55 AM
So Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Samurai Pizza Cats… Pokemon… you've watched none of that? :blink:/>/>
nop. Books/movies I like? LotR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Disney, etc. I'm pretty open minded. I hate musicals tho. Tend to lean more towards Sci-Fi/Fantasy books. Not a fan of too much romance.

Im apparently a lot like you. Never watched anime ( And I dont want to… ). I hate musicals here to, Sci-Fi is my type.
Grim Reaper #20
Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

Well, if you're up for the ride, then I would suggest a show called Attack on Titan due to its pretty intense action and mindfuck plot that keeps you going, although it isn't exactly 'sci-fi'. For something a little more sci-fi, you might want to check out Steins;Gate. Steins;Gate is pretty long, but it is a GREAT time travel based show.

Here's the plot summary:
Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN, who has been doing their own research on time travel, tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.
Read more at http://myanimelist.n...sQWwBazSZyQZ.99

Sounds a little nerdy, but it's very, very cool (I think :P/>). It has an English dubbed version which I think is pretty good and is worth watching if you don't want the Japanese version with subtitles. However, some people will definitely disagree with me on this point; there are a lot of hardcore sub-only nazis out there. I don't really understand their hatred for dubs, but I personally think they're just fine, although there are a few absolutely atrocious ones.

Also, a show called Berserk might be kind of cool to you, but it's pretty old in comparison to the one's I suggested above, so it has a much different and less appealing animation style. Still, it's a great medieval kind of show with plenty of action. Like I mentioned earlier, some shows have terrible dubs and this, my friend, is one of them.
Edited on 15 April 2014 - 12:18 AM
6677 #21
Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:38 AM
Was there a feature length version of berserk? Pretty sure I've seen that.
columna1 #22
Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:33 PM
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/columna1
thats All I have to say
everything is on there that ive watched