This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
neo32100's profile picture

NeoOS - A New OS That Includes Login - V1.0 [WIP] - Adding Buttons/Background Soon!

Started by neo32100, 13 April 2014 - 05:14 PM
neo32100 #1
Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:14 PM
Hey Guys Its Neo32100 Here With A Realy Beta Stage OS!

Features
Login
Auto-Startup
Auto Shell!
Aliases
*More Coming Soon!*

Making ATM:
Custom Background - by neo32100!
Buttons - By theoriginalbit
*NEED IDEAS QUICK!"
Advanced Computer:
pastebin get 5mQ7xhP0 startup
or
Normal Computer
rom/programs/http/pastebin get 5mQ7xhP0 startup

Screenshots:
*Coming Soon!*

Commands:
rb - Reboot Alias
cs - ClearScreen Alias
shell - Custom Shell Instead Of The CraftOS One!

Default Login:
Username:admin
Password:admin

Once Done The Admin Do /edit startup And Goto Line 33 And 35 And Replace Admin With What Ever You Want!
Edited on 02 July 2014 - 06:32 PM
neo32100 #2
Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:55 PM
Dude, It Says In Coming Soon: Custom Background And Buttons, DUH
Saldor010 #3
Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:42 PM
Okay, just tried it out.

First of all, get rid of the fake loading screen and the unnecessary sleep calls, second of all, this isn't an Operating System, even by Computer Craft standards. All you have is a login screen and a few programs. I suggest that you discontinue NeoOS (or put it on hold), then go write a couple of small programs and build your skill.
apemanzilla #4
Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:07 PM
Additionally, you don't have to run a different command on a normal computer.
Blue #5
Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:56 PM
Please put os.pullEvent=os.pullEventRaw at the TOP of your program to stop people from terminating it.
As mentioned above please learn more about Lua.I recommend the computercraft wiki ;)/>
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:49 AM
As mentioned above please learn more about Lua.I recommend the computercraft wiki ;)/>
For learning Lua nothing is better than the PIL. The ComputerCraft wiki is only good for functions/APIs added by ComputerCraft.
Blue #7
Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:20 PM
For learning Lua nothing is better than the PIL. The ComputerCraft wiki is only good for functions/APIs added by ComputerCraft.
But CCLua is very different compared to normal lua (i think…) and i thought that there were tutorials on there
Edited on 18 April 2014 - 02:23 PM
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:24 PM
But CCLua is very different compared to normal lua (i think…)
The PIL that I linked is for Lua 5.1 which is what ComputerCraft uses, there are some minor differences, but for the most part its just some extra functions and APIs. The biggest difference I can think of off the top of my head at the fine hour of — wow 1:30 AM, I should go to bed soon — is the lack of the debug API, as such I definitely stick to the suggestion of reading the PIL for anything Lua related and reading the ComputerCraft wiki for anything ComputerCraft related, which is pretty much everything on this page.
Blue #9
Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:22 PM
But CCLua is very different compared to normal lua (i think…)
The PIL that I linked is for Lua 5.1 which is what ComputerCraft uses, there are some minor differences, but for the most part its just some extra functions and APIs. The biggest difference I can think of off the top of my head at the fine hour of — wow 1:30 AM, I should go to bed soon — is the lack of the debug API, as such I definitely stick to the suggestion of reading the PIL for anything Lua related and reading the ComputerCraft wiki for anything ComputerCraft related, which is pretty much everything on this page.
Thanks for the explanation
Edited on 18 April 2014 - 05:23 PM
Blue #10
Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:24 AM
I just noticed how the password system works. I think most of the people who use your OS would prefer that you I used the fs api rather than editing the code.look up : fs.open on Google