This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
awsmazinggenius's profile picture

Bootstrap Jumbotron Issue

Started by awsmazinggenius, 15 April 2014 - 01:07 AM
awsmazinggenius #1
Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:07 AM
So, yeah, I'm having issues using the Jumbotrons in Bootstrap 3. I know HTML and CSS, and a bit of JavaScript, but I'm no expert, so I've been following a tutorial on how to make a site that fits my needs.

All you need to test my site for yourself is to go to "Customize" on getbootstrap.com (I don't want to deal with licensing and distributing Bootstrap at the moment), leave everything as default, and download the zip. Then unzip it, make this (http://pastebin.com/dxAUPk0w) your index.html, and open it.

The issue I am having is this:

where the Jumbotron merges with the navbar. I followed my tutorial exactly, but no luck. Also, for reference, I am using Bootstrap 3.1.1
Shazz #2
Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:39 AM
Fixed
You missed a '/' on line 31, so instead of '</div>', you had '<div>'.

Also, please please remove the spaces between the equal signs. It makes me want to vomit.
awsmazinggenius #3
Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:47 AM
OK, thanks for the fix! Also, if anyone actually wants to use this example, I forgot that you'll need to put an empty file called "styles.css" in Bootstrap's "css" folder. Also, I won't be removing the spaces, as I think the code looks cleaner with them, and not seeing them makes me want to vomit.
Shazz #4
Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:42 PM
OK, thanks for the fix! Also, if anyone actually wants to use this example, I forgot that you'll need to put an empty file called "styles.css" in Bootstrap's "css" folder. Also, I won't be removing the spaces, as I think the code looks cleaner with them, and not seeing them makes me want to vomit.

No problem, glad I could help.
You don't need a styles.css if it's going to be empty. It won't have an effect to the user but you should probably remove the link tag for it.
Also about the spaces, it's a convention in the webdev world to not have spaces there but it is your choice at the end of the day.
awsmazinggenius #5
Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:55 AM
I know about the styles.css thing, it's just I literally copy-pasted the index.html of the site I'm actually working with it and stripped out the majority of it.