This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
awsmazinggenius's profile picture

Good PDA Games/OS?

Started by awsmazinggenius, 22 April 2014 - 11:41 PM
awsmazinggenius #1
Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:41 AM
Lately, I've had a bit more time, so I've started playing some FTB Monster (removed OpenP so I could upgrade to 1.6, and added OpenComputers.) I haven't played for very long, so I often have to wait for things like ME Crafting (currently, I only have a 3x3 MAC :(/>), processing ores etc. as I don't have very good machines yet, but I have to leave my MC client open while the stuff processes. So, I find it fun to pull out the Tablet and play CCRedirection on it, but I was wondering - would you recommend any games/OSes for the Pocket Computer? I tried OneOS, and while it is great for computers, it isn't so great on tablets due to the screen size. I often use CC for programming, but I also use OneOS and play CC games, as sometimes I just want to have fun with the mod, too.
oeed #2
Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:03 AM
Hmm yea I really need to get working on PDA support. I've been a little distracted with cranium's server. Speaking of which, you should join, it's got all those mods and more inc 1.6 and open peripheral.
awsmazinggenius #3
Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:23 AM
Does OpenP work with 1.6? I wasn't aware of that, unless there is some trickery going on or a dev build is being used. Though I may ease off on OpenP with Monster, last time I was actually playing survival Minecraft (I've mostly only been trying the PDA in Creative) with mods was with FTB unleashed, and I made a whole system with Terminal Glasses and OpenP (and a few other mods) that kept tabs on all of my stuff (Generators, Power, AE, if a crafting/smelting etc. operation was happening, the approximate time until it was finished, etc.) and displayed it on an elegant home screen (well, as elegant as you can get with a blocky Minecraft font) that appeared when you typed "$$ok", and you could type things like "$$check on my generators" or ""$$how long until my crafting is done."" (Not quite Siri though, it had only a few ways of saying something, like "$$show my generator stats" or "$$what are my generators up to", but I don't think it had "$$show me my power stats".) I also set up Note Blocks (yes, note blocks, I should have done something else, but I went note blocks) for basic sound output around my base, and I set up alerts with audio for when things go wrong. Unfortunately, though, I wrote all the code for that in a non-reusable fashion, as I never thought of sharing it with anyone.
oeed #4
Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:14 AM
Does OpenP work with 1.6? I wasn't aware of that, unless there is some trickery going on or a dev build is being used. Though I may ease off on OpenP with Monster, last time I was actually playing survival Minecraft (I've mostly only been trying the PDA in Creative) with mods was with FTB unleashed, and I made a whole system with Terminal Glasses and OpenP (and a few other mods) that kept tabs on all of my stuff (Generators, Power, AE, if a crafting/smelting etc. operation was happening, the approximate time until it was finished, etc.) and displayed it on an elegant home screen (well, as elegant as you can get with a blocky Minecraft font) that appeared when you typed "$$ok", and you could type things like "$$check on my generators" or ""$$how long until my crafting is done."" (Not quite Siri though, it had only a few ways of saying something, like "$$show my generator stats" or "$$what are my generators up to", but I don't think it had "$$show me my power stats".) I also set up Note Blocks (yes, note blocks, I should have done something else, but I went note blocks) for basic sound output around my base, and I set up alerts with audio for when things go wrong. Unfortunately, though, I wrote all the code for that in a non-reusable fashion, as I never thought of sharing it with anyone.

I do believe we are using a dev version, yes.
Konlab #5
Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:14 PM
Try PockyOS&LogOS
Also a good pocket game is Racer (pastebin get spvUDcwg racer credits: Konlab :-)

I'm working now on an another pocket game,too