This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
EpicnessTwo's profile picture

[Wanted]Find this emulator!

Started by EpicnessTwo, 07 May 2014 - 11:33 AM
EpicnessTwo #1
Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:33 PM
Hi all,

I know there are millions of threads on here about ComputerCraft emulators but this is different. Im looking for a specific one. A friend sent me an image of one saying that he wants it and now i want i too. All i have is an image of it but from it you can see that it is linked to a computer in game.

Please help me find this program as i really want it.

Thanks!
Lignum #2
Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:47 PM
That's ccEmu. However, it's outdated and you're going to have a hard time even finding a download.
EpicnessTwo #3
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:02 PM
That's ccEmu. However, it's outdated and you're going to have a hard time even finding a download.

Anyone got a download link to it as i really want this… Would really help me out as my laptop cant handle minecraft so i could still work on my computercraft server whilst away from my pc.
awsmazinggenius #4
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:07 PM
Hellkid (TheOddByte) has a link: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/15983-old-ccemu-launcher/
EpicnessTwo #5
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:24 PM
Hellkid (TheOddByte) has a link: http://www.computerc...ccemu-launcher/

Will this allow me to connect to my 1.6.4 bukkitforge server?
CometWolf #6
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:39 PM
No emulator ever will, that's not how they work.
EpicnessTwo #7
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:56 PM
CCdesk could but it requires a login and the website that handles the logins has been removed so you cant use it anymore
Agoldfish #8
Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:58 PM
CCdesk could but it requires a login and the website that handles the logins has been removed so you cant use it anymore
Nope, it couldn't do it either.
Lyqyd #9
Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:23 PM
I fixed your signature for you. You had added in some size tags.

Moved to General.
EpicnessTwo #10
Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Moved to General.

:(/> I wanted my sig to be like that

Nope, it couldn't do it either.

Whats the best one you recommend then?

Also why does this emulator give the computer co-ordinates?
Edited on 07 May 2014 - 01:59 PM
Agoldfish #11
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:04 PM
It gives the coords of the computer on screen. I recommend CcDesk if you can get your hands on an illegal copy. But the best legal one is probably CcLite or Mimic.
EpicnessTwo #12
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:07 PM
It gives the coords of the computer on screen. I recommend CcDesk if you can get your hands on an illegal copy. But the best legal one is probably CcLite or Mimic.

Whats the point in the co-ordinates though?
Lyqyd #13
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Moved to General.

The Forum Guidelines should have been one of the first things you read when you joined. The rules about signatures are simple and easy to follow. They help prevent over-sized ugly clutter that formerly took up large chunks of each page.
Agoldfish #14
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

I dunno. Just for something to add, I guess.
EpicnessTwo #15
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Moved to General.

The Forum Guidelines should have been one of the first things you read when you joined. The rules about signatures are simple and easy to follow. They help prevent over-sized ugly clutter that formerly took up large chunks of each page.

:(/> But my diamond swords… oh well, still looks ok ;P
Can i use Bold?
Edited on 07 May 2014 - 02:13 PM
apemanzilla #16
Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

I dunno. Just for something to add, I guess.
It may also influence rednet. I believe ccemu simulates a wireless modem not he right side of each computer.
TheOddByte #17
Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:37 PM
It may also influence rednet. I believe ccemu simulates a wireless modem not he right side of each computer.
That's correct, I wish it could be on every side though :P/>
Just to be a little bit annoying
on*
the*
Seems like you should slow down a little bit just to know what you're writing :P/>
apemanzilla #18
Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:30 PM
That's correct, I wish it could be on every side though :P/>/>
Just to be a little bit annoying
on*
the*
Seems like you should slow down a little bit just to know what you're writing :P/>/>
I blame my phone.
Cranium #19
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:14 PM
You can always use Gravityscore and 1lann's new project, Mimic. I think it's pretty darn good.
EpicnessTwo #20
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:29 PM
You can always use Gravityscore and 1lann's new project, Mimic. I think it's pretty darn good.
Have you got a link to this said project?
Dog #21
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:33 PM
Google is your friend…

http://gravlann.github.io/
Edited on 08 May 2014 - 06:33 PM
viluon #22
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 PM
Here's a CC turtle emulator by shaolin: http://turtle.ryazanez.com/
EpicnessTwo #23
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:56 PM
Google is your friend…

http://gravlann.github.io/

Seams good but it's outdated, i cant access the "bg", "fg" or "redirection" commands. Shame because this looks like it has potential. Just hope he updates it.

Here's a CC turtle emulator by shaolin: http://turtle.ryazanez.com/

I will look at this, it's a first in my mind that emulates a turtle. It froze when i opened it on my laptop so will try it on a desktop tomorrow.
viluon #24
Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:57 PM
fg,bg,redirection-These were added in 1.6+
Edited on 08 May 2014 - 06:58 PM
EpicnessTwo #25
Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:19 PM
fg,bg,redirection-These were added in 1.6+
I know, im using CClite ATM and that has it
Symmetryc #26
Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:19 PM
While there are no CC Emulators (that I know of) currently that use the actual CC jar, gamax92's CCLite is extremely accurate, I've never used the HTML version of Mimic though, so I can't say anything about that.
EpicnessTwo #27
Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:26 PM
While there are no CC Emulators (that I know of) currently that use the actual CC jar, gamax92's CCLite is extremely accurate, I've never used the HTML version of Mimic though, so I can't say anything about that.

gamax's version of CCLite is accurate because he uses Dan200's lua code from the .jar file of the mod release. He has just built an emulator around that.
apemanzilla #28
Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

gamax's version of CCLite is accurate because he uses Dan200's lua code from the .jar file of the mod release. He has just built an emulator around that.
All emulators I know of use the ROM folder from CC with no or some modifications. The emulator itself is basically just a wrapper to provide the necessary functions. Mimic uses the ROM, cclite uses the ROM, ccemu used the ROM - and the whole CC .jar iirc - and although I've never tried it, I'm betting ccdesk used the ROM folder.
oeed #29
Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:08 AM
I'm surprised no one actually gave the link to the Mimc topic.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/17250-sneak-peek-of-our-upcoming-html5-emulator/

In terms of being up to date, I don't think it'd be hard for them to update it.
Symmetryc #30
Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

All emulators I know of use the ROM folder from CC with no or some modifications. The emulator itself is basically just a wrapper to provide the necessary functions. Mimic uses the ROM, cclite uses the ROM, ccemu used the ROM - and the whole CC .jar iirc - and although I've never tried it, I'm betting ccdesk used the ROM folder.

Using the ROM and using the jar is very different, the former means that you are using a completely different kind of Lua but just running the ComputerCraft programs and attempting to mimic the quirks/bugs/oddities of ComputerCraft/LuaJ, the latter means that you are actually using ComputerCraft itself.
Edited on 12 May 2014 - 01:21 AM