This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mazzael's profile picture

Please Help.

Started by Mazzael, 11 May 2014 - 12:14 AM
Mazzael #1
Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:14 AM
I would love to use a turtle to help me mine why at work. To be honnest I do not have time to learn how to program. I also think 90% of hte programs i have found are way to complicated for my purposes. What I want is simple and I used to have this the last time i played minecraft but can no longer find it. If anyone knows where to find the program I am speaking of. Or is savvy with this stuff and can write it for me. PLEASE HELP!

I used to have a program where you would set a chest down and sit your turtle infront of it. You would thens tart the program and put in 3 variables length width and height of the tunnel needed. The turtle would then mine this tunnel out while dipositing everything it mined into the chest you started it near. It had room for 3 stacks of coal in the bottom right 3 spots. (Obviously im not picky as long as it auto fuels.) And would mine the LxWxH of the tunnel and then return itself to the box and sit there and wait for me to come back.

Please for the love of Minecraft gods if anyone knows this program and can post me a link. Or can help with this I would be very appreciative. I dont know where else to ask.

PS: I apologize if htis is not the type of question to be asked here but once again, I dont know where else to ask. I have seached exstensivly and am not able to find a simple program that will accomplish this. Or the program I used to have.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:49 AM
You're probably looking for the "Variable Sized Quarry" program, or something similar.

Moved to General.
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:03 AM
It looks to me as though he wants something similar to the tunnel program that is included by default with openP.
This will (hopefully) dig a hole 1st arg wide, 2nd arg long, and 3rd arg deep, while refueling from slot 16.

args = {...}
local function digHole()
 for i = 1, args[1] do
  turtle.forward()
  turtle.turnRight()
  for i = 1, args[2] do
   turtle.digDown()
   turtle.forward()
  end
  turtle.turnLeft()
 end
end